Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Moon landing--fact or fiction?

[Be...]

If we could not have gone to the moon then that means that all the other space trips have to have been faked. This is a much bigger than saying that the moon landing didn't happen. It means you have to disbelieve 50 years of space travel by many countries.A Yoooge conspiracy must have a yoooge reason. So what would

it be? Also it must be protected in ways that are gigantic and incomprehensible and draconian. Because all it takes is one conspirator to let something out, intentionally, by accident, or just by dying and leaving evidence that gets found. Are you going to bet your money on this stuff? Good Luck.

Hey Drad Dog, good on you, man!  Since when have you become so rational, LOL!  You said it well.  There were millions of people involved in these moon landings, examination of the rocks, etc., and it takes only one to spill the beans.  And they haven't yet.  Oh, I know.  They were silenced - their memories erased - by the Men in Black before they could talk.  Yeah, that's it!

Hey Photo. You jumped on my birthday! How's it going?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Ph...]

• [dr...]

• [al...]

Too many things don't add up for me about the "moon landing" for me to celebrate.  I'm not convinced we went to the moon and I believe it was beyond our technology at that time.  The new Orion spacecraft needs to be at least 10 meters thick to get us through the Van Allen belts a NASA scientist said.  The Apollo spacecrafts were only a few meters thick at most.  Why wouldn't I question our moon landings when these facts show up?  Numerous Apollo missions and moon landings?  Maybe NASA is nutty.   

ofc. nobody ever went to the moon. and never will. you can NOT cross a certain altitude due the upper layer called 'the firmament'.

also the moon and the sun are not far away. there is undeniable evidence for it, for example Crepuscular rays - point clearly to a near sun.

so called 'science' has some bullshit explanations for much of this - and all of it is complete BS.

Hi everyone,

The idea that the moon landing in 1969 was faked is one of the oldest and most widely debunked conspiracy theories there is, and it's not to be taken seriously. 

BenzoBuddies is a serious forum, and our aim is to help people get through the difficulties of benzo tapering, withdrawal, and healing.  The moderation team has discussed this thread and has decided that discussions of outrageous conspiracy theories tend to detract from our reputation and do not belong on this forum.  There are plenty of other places on the internet where these discussions abound and we do not need them here.

So, the team would like to suggest that if members want to discuss conspiracy theories,  they should do it elsewhere online, but not on this forum.

Thanks for your cooperation,

:thumbsup:

megan918

Administrator

Seemed like an "off-topic" to me. I think that we (or at least most of us) can handle a little disagreement and fiery debate once in awhile. After dealing with benzo and z-drug withdrawal, such stimulation is nothing more than a mere distraction from other problems.

Too many things don't add up for me about the "moon landing" for me to celebrate.  I'm not convinced we went to the moon and I believe it was beyond our technology at that time.  The new Orion spacecraft needs to be at least 10 meters thick to get us through the Van Allen belts a NASA scientist said.  The Apollo spacecrafts were only a few meters thick at most.  Why wouldn't I question our moon landings when these facts show up?  Numerous Apollo missions and moon landings?  Maybe NASA is nutty.   

ofc. nobody ever went to the moon. and never will. you can NOT cross a certain altitude due the upper layer called 'the firmament'.

also the moon and the sun are not far away. there is undeniable evidence for it, for example Crepuscular rays - point clearly to a near sun.

so called 'science' has some bullshit explanations for much of this - and all of it is complete BS.

Hi everyone,

The idea that the moon landing in 1969 was faked is one of the oldest and most widely debunked conspiracy theories there is, and it's not to be taken seriously. 

BenzoBuddies is a serious forum, and our aim is to help people get through the difficulties of benzo tapering, withdrawal, and healing.  The moderation team has discussed this thread and has decided that discussions of outrageous conspiracy theories tend to detract from our reputation and do not belong on this forum.  There are plenty of other places on the internet where these discussions abound and we do not need them here.

So, the team would like to suggest that if members want to discuss conspiracy theories,  they should do it elsewhere online, but not on this forum.

megan918

Administrator

:thumbsup: I find it odd to begin with. But also other threads on Off Topic seems very Off Topic to me. ;)

I'm not having a problem much with this thread.  I just want other people to be respectful of other's beliefs and not make fun of them and treat them like they're stupid or insane.  Just because I don't believe what the masses believe shouldn't make me cannon fodder or someone to be pummeled on.  That's what's wrong with THIS world.  It's important to have people on this earth who don't think like everyone else.  I think many of those who worked on the space moon program for NASA or their contractors may have had to sign a statement to not discuss their work or what didn't transpire with the "moon landings."  I don't think millions of people worked on the inside of the space moon program.  I guess I shouldn't have posted this thread, since my mind was made up about the fake moon landings before I started it.  I doubt I will ever budge from my beliefs about it.   

Hi everyone,

megan918

Administrator

Unlike the previous thread about the U.S. presidential election which was emotional and upsetting for some because we were passionately discussing the future of our nation and our lives, this thread is discussing whacky, funny conspiracy theories.  You know, guys in poor-fitting ape suits and stuff.  It's fun, and fun helps to lift depression and distract people from their pain.  Absolutely harmless and perfectly consistent with an off-topic section of the forum.  Honestly, sometimes I get the feeling we're trapped in that One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest movie, you know, with those charming nurses dispensing the meds?  Come on, Admin, it's funny, don't take me to the padded room!  Not again, noooo.....!!

If we could not have gone to the moon then that means that all the other space trips have to have been faked. This is a much bigger than saying that the moon landing didn't happen. It means you have to disbelieve 50 years of space travel by many countries.A Yoooge conspiracy must have a yoooge reason. So what would

it be? Also it must be protected in ways that are gigantic and incomprehensible and draconian. Because all it takes is one conspirator to let something out, intentionally, by accident, or just by dying and leaving evidence that gets found. Are you going to bet your money on this stuff? Good Luck.

Hey Drad Dog, good on you, man!  Since when have you become so rational, LOL!  You said it well.  There were millions of people involved in these moon landings, examination of the rocks, etc., and it takes only one to spill the beans.  And they haven't yet.  Oh, I know.  They were silenced - their memories erased - by the Men in Black before they could talk.  Yeah, that's it!

Going okay, Drad, thanks.  Still poppin' Neurontin but at least I'm off the A.  You clean, man?

I don't think it's funny.  I'm dead-serious about us having not gone to the moon.  I'm being made fun of by everyone and I realize now I never should have started this thread.  It tells me alot about how cruel the human race can be to those who don't believe what's been shown to us as truth in the media.  I'm too sick for all this joking about me.  I consider it abusive.  BTW, benzogirl, I do have dementia.  I'm only using about a micron of my brain matter now compared to how I used to be able to think.  Even when my mind was working really well, I didn't believe we ever went to the moon.  I thought it would be a discussion, but everyone already has their minds made up about whether we ever went to the moon.  It feels like it's become a bashing party on us non-believers.  I didn't bash or make fun of the moon-landing believers.  What a world we live in.  Maybe the mods need to lock this thread now? 

Okay okay.  To protect Becks, we can all agree NEVER to talk about faked moon landings ever again.  But please Ms. Admin, can we open another thread about all the other weird conspiracy theories?  We've barely scratched the surface!  There's that John Titor time traveler guy and all the others...

I definitely won't join in on a conspiracy theory thread--I'd really take a beating.  I'm the queen of believing conspiracy theories.  I believe in ghosts, aliens, UFO's, bigfoot, psychics, mediums and talking to the dead, astrology, remote viewing, 9-11 not having been razed by airplanes but was (partly) an inside job with scalar wave technology directed energy weapons or micro-nukes.  I don't believe in a flat earth though.  What if no one shows up on the conspiracy thread that believes in them?  There'd be no one to bash.  What fun would that be?  That seems to be all you all are interested in.  Getting your frustrations out getting down on us "conspiracy nuts."  I forgot one--I believe there are chemtrails being sprayed in the skies for weather modification and then collateral damage of depopulating the earth by making everyone sick from them and then early die-off.  Gets rid of the "bottom feeders" who take government benefits and take up precious space on the round earth. 

I definitely won't join in on a conspiracy theory thread--I'd really take a beating.  I'm the queen of believing conspiracy theories.  I believe in ghosts, aliens, UFO's, bigfoot, psychics, mediums and talking to the dead, astrology, remote viewing, 9-11 not having been razed by airplanes but was (partly) an inside job with scalar technology or explosives.  I don't believe in a flat earth though.  What good would it be to start a conspiracy theory thread if there won't be anyone for you all to bash and make fun of?  That seems to be all you all are interested in.  Getting your frustrations out getting down on us "conspiracy nuts."  I forgot one--I believe there are chemtrails being sprayed in the skies, too.

Bigfoot?  Huh?  You mean that guy in the loose-fitting monkey suit?  Come on Becks, you can't corner the market on this stuff.  Can't you leave a few juicy theories for the rest of us to talk about?  We're just trying to have a little fun, you know, raise those endorphins, get our minds off our alien implants, the ones that always move around when we're trying to have a surgeon remove them...which reminds me, what's your take on the Roswell UFO crash?  I think it was secret military balloon that was sent up there to sample the air, looking for debris from Soviet nuclear bomb tests, how about you?  Anyone?  Hurry, before they lock this fun thread and we all resort to talking about...I don't know...puddings or salads or babies names or something.

Going okay, Drad, thanks.  Still poppin' Neurontin but at least I'm off the A.  You clean, man?

Good for you. I'm 8 months and 1 week off. Still kind of a mess. "Clean" is a big word. No reinstatements for me in this lifetime though.

Okay Megan. Perhaps you are the wiser one after all. Probably a good call.

Okay okay, let's talk about puddings then.  I like rice pudding a lot.  Anyone else?  Isn't that called tapioca?  Is there a difference?

Okay Megan. Perhaps you are the wiser one after all. Probably a good call.

Aloha, after all we've been through together...sob.  By the way, what happened to the atheism thread?  Somebody crash it or what?  That thread was even better than this one, deep stuff there, funny too.

Good for you. I'm 8 months and 1 week off. Still kind of a mess. "Clean" is a big word. No reinstatements for me in this lifetime though.

It's tough, Drad.  My brain will never be normal again, unfortunately, whatever that means.  But it's damned good not to have to structure my life around a f--king little white pill anymore.

I just said I believe in aliens and UFO's.  duh?

Don't tell me you're only going to allow us to talk about that stupid flat earth thing and keep all the good stuff off the market.  Only the Borg guy believes the flat earth thing.  Not fair.  Okay how about chupacabras, and oh yeah, EVP's, you know...those bogus ghost electronic intercepts that nobody can understand except the husband and wife hucksters.  Can we do those?

I'm leaning towards Megan for this reason: it's a very short step from conspiracy theory talk to our actual politics, in the US this week. Lots of these ideas have weaved their way into the daily news cycle, and one little subordinate clause can take you from fun to f*ck you just like that.

Becks, before it's locked, I'm quickly jumping in to say I'm with you *nearly* all the way here!  *Nearly* because I sit on the fence.  I do NOT know whether they landed on the moon or not.  And neither does *ONE* person on this thread, duh!  Nor, by the way, am I emotionally invested in one "truth" over another.

FYI, I've had this discussion many a time in the past ... with work colleagues over lunch or during boardroom breaks ... with neighbors walking my dog ... with friends/family during dinner conversation (with or without a belly full of alcohol).  And it's FUN and it's interesting and intriguing and not once has anyone got their nose out of joint. 

This thread taking this tone and direction, I find very sad as I was hoping to quietly lurk in the background, there are some minds here whose posts and opinions I enjoy, whether I agree with them or not.  To read an intelligent discussion (other than down regulation of Gabaa receptors being the cause of all our issues ::) ), I think would've been awesome.  I can think of MANY other very dangerous threads which should've been very closely moderated and a lot of BBs reined in or, better yet, cleared right out!  Said it.

I'm sorry this happened, Becks, you have one HECK of a brain and if you want to say you have Dementia, that's fine, but then I'll re-write the definition of it for you.  You're unfortunately a victim of your environment, that's all, IMO, and if ever I win the lottery, I'll come along and prove it to you.  Sighs.  You're a great woman, Becks, and you've handled this very politely and respectfully.  Now let's all go back to discussing Gaba and Glutamate.  ::)

:smitten:

PS - Chess, for what it's worth, I'm far less convinced than you are regarding the commonly accepted facts of Nos. 4 and 5.  But I don't believe the "alternative facts" you've presented either.  There are *other* alternative possibilities (I hesitate to use the word fact).

4. AIDS is caused by the HIV virus

5. Global warming is happening as a result of carbon emissions.

Okay, just throwing this down before the thread's locked.  Sad face here.  :(  Wishing good healing to all.

It's tough, Drad.  My brain will never be normal again, unfortunately, whatever that means.  But it's damned good not to have to structure my life around a f--king little white pill anymore.

Have faith. I'm going to start a thread at one year out about this and see if there are any answers. Last few days I'm taking a few seconds extra to retrieve those nice vocabulary words I used to use so freely. Doesn't feel good.

I'm leaning towards Megan for this reason: it's a very short step from conspiracy theory talk to our actual politics, in the US this week. Lots of these ideas have weaved their way into the daily news cycle, and one little subordinate clause can take you from fun to f*ck you just like that.

<<"it's a very short step from conspiracy theory talk to our actual politics">>

That's true of just about any talk, not just conspiracy theory talk.  Try it sometime.  After about six exchanges in the conversation, a political aspect pops up.  So what do we all do?  Stop having conversations?  Not at all.  Things need to be talked through, use the dialectic, back and forth until the crap is discarded and a nugget of truth remains.

and never will. you can NOT cross a certain altitude due the upper layer called 'the firmament'.

also the moon and the sun are not far away.

this is an interesting view about "the firmament" - remind me to put this into a song somehow. seriously. :)

9-11 not having been razed by airplanes but was (partly) an inside job with scalar wave technology directed energy weapons or micro-nukes.

becky, i would love to have a conversation about this with you someday, so don't go nowhere, K? :)

(other than down regulation of Gabaa receptors being the cause of all our issues ::)

just to steer the direction of this thread just a little if i may -- i spoke to Baylissa the other day for awhile and she actually said she thought there was a lot more going on than just a "down-regulation" of the GABA receptor's. :o

conspiracy theory, fact, fiction, truth, lies; there is one thing i do know -- is that this brain injury i have from doing a cold turkey from benzo's and soma is not a good thing and is lasting way too long.

everyone has their own personal reality. i'd like to meet someone who shares mine one day. everyone has their own memories that no one else can share with them. it's a wonder we are all still alive on this little blue round ball at all. it's a silent agreement that we all still somehow adhere to. hope we can make that agreement even better somehow. even higher and without this evil little pill in my hand that use to keep the pain laughing does work like that no more. ::)

[e2...]