Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Moon landing--fact or fiction?

[Be...]

Did we really go to the moon?

How did NASA conveniently lose or erase the moon landing tapes?

https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/13/1359562_us-moon-landing-tapes-got-erased-nasa-admits-.html

Why did a NASA scientist say we can't get throught the Van Allen belts?

http://aetherforce.com/nasa-admits-they-cannot-get-past-the-van-allen-radiation-belt/

Did Stanley Kubrick really make a deathbed confession that he created the moon landing footage and pics?

http://yournewswire.com/stanley-kubrick-confesses-to-faking-the-moon-landings/

How can the US flag wave in the wind on the moon when there's no atmosphere? 

How can camera film withstand the 250 degree moon heat during the day without melting? 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Ph...]

• [dr...]

• [al...]

[57...]

Personally, I think it's very sad that good science is dealt with this way.  A few people actually believe this conspiracy theory stuff.  Instead of learning about and appreciating science/nature, people who follow this stuff create layer upon layer upon layer of alt-facts.  They cheer (and pay) alt-scientists who behave much more like prophets than researchers.

Yes, there is information to refute all of the claims you posited, but conspiracy theorists prefer to believe what they choose to believe.  In the game of facts versus beliefs, guess which usually dominates?

In a similar vein, the local christian academy recently cancelled an event by our astronomy club (which one of their science teachers had scheduled).  The school's board of directors could not reconcile biblical text with our 'claim' that light from the Andromeda Galaxy left the galaxy 2.5 million years ago.

Is it a sin to a have an inquisitive mind and want to look at all that's out there about a certain topic?  Closed-minded people never achieve or learn anything new or reach the truth about anything.  It's herd mentally to always be calling anyone who questions something a conspiracy theorist. 

Very important people at NASA and elsewhere made interesting statements about (not) being able to go to the moon:

http://americanmoon.org/NASA/index.htm

I really enjoy being vilified and called a "nutjob conspiracy theorist" just for questioning something.  I don't call mainstream herd mentality people nutjobs; I just believe that they're closed-minded.  Why do we "conspiracy theorists" always get attacked or made fun of just for thinking outside-the-box?  If you don't believe the classic story you see on the tube, you're automatically considered mentally ill, an outlier, nuts, etc. 

[57...]
No, not a nut job (I never used that term, btw).  I simply do not believe what you are claiming (much like you do not seem to believe NASA's moon landing claims).  Maybe your way of seeing this is correct, but I don't think so. 

No, not a nut job (I never used that term, btw).  I simply do not believe what you are claiming (much like you do not seem to believe NASA's moon landing claims).  Maybe your way of seeing this is correct, but I don't think so.

I can read between the lines.

Personally, I think it's very sad that good science is dealt with this way.  A few people actually believe this conspiracy theory stuff.  Instead of learning about and appreciating science/nature, people who follow this stuff create layer upon layer upon layer of alt-facts.  They cheer (and pay) alt-scientists who behave much more like prophets than researchers.

Yes, there is information to refute all of the claims you posited, but conspiracy theorists prefer to believe what they choose to believe.  In the game of facts versus beliefs, guess which usually dominates?

In a similar vein, the local christian academy recently cancelled an event by our astronomy club (which one of their science teachers had scheduled).  The school's board of directors could not reconcile biblical text with our 'claim' that light from the Andromeda Galaxy left the galaxy 2.5 million years ago.

Personal attack and personal criticism of me.  You're going on the offensive with me.  Find something more constructive to do maybe, like have a real discussion about an issue?

I believe we went to the moon but there is no denying that some of the photographs were manipulated and faked. It was probably done to make the story more exciting and get more funding.

I believe we went to the moon but there is no denying that some of the photographs were manipulated and faked. It was probably done to make the story more exciting and get more funding.

Respectful post--dealing with the topic and not the OP.

Cold war, missile technology, arms race, space exploration, Technology development and funding, moon landing, giant condoms droped over Japan... Mind games... -why not...!

http://www.space.com/12835-nasa-apollo-moon-landing-sites-photos-lro.html

Photos of one of the moon landing sites taken by the Lunar Recon Orbiter, complete with debris, rover tracks, etc.

Yeah, I know.  They faked these too, the sneaky bastards, but they can't fool us!    ;)

You only have to see how far they traveled in Star Wars to know that going to the moon would be easy peasy...

:)

I like that you're questioning the moon landing Becksblue, I never considered that could be a false story but love that some people do.  I think it's very, very wise to question things we have been told.

When the first moon landing was being played on TV when I was a young girl, I was not interested, instead I was feeding a stray dog that wandered into our yard,  a huge Saint Bernard.  My Mom wanted me to come in and watch but I had more important things to do.  :)

It's good there are people on this earth who question the validity of things.  Where would we all be if we didn't do that?  I still believe we didn't go to the moon.  I don't make fun of those who believe we did.  We "conspiracy nuts" are always treated inhumanely.  That's how most people of this earth are.  Attack or make fun of those who don't think like everyone else.  It's abusive and not right.  People at work used to laugh at me when I expressed some "conspiracy theory" I believed in. I'm sensitive to ridicule and bullying since I've been abused all my life.  I can't shake it off. 

Hearst-owned Popular Mechanics went after the 9-11 truther movement too.  The author David Grossman is just a run-of-the-mill science writer for PM with no real science credentials that I can see.  I'm not buying what he's written.  It has no references or real meat to it about the Van Allen belts. 

Cold war, missile technology, arms race, space exploration, Technology development and funding, moon landing, giant condoms droped over Japan... Mind games... -why not...!

Smart-ass comment.  How nice.

Beck, sorry, But im with you on this one... my point is there is something very fishy about this going to the moon thing... my questions are towards why this lie could have been manufactured, and to what lengths would a couver up go... -we all know the story of WMD...

-theese days seeing isnt believing, just look at any hi tech movie...

Hey Becks, what would it take for you to believe that men walked on the moon?  Would you have to go there yourself and kick moon dirt on one of the discarded moon rovers?

Would it help if the Chinese photograph the landing sites when they get there (and they will very soon).  Our guys ditched their trash up there, including their man-diapers.  Would that convince you?  Would ANYTHING convince you?

This is interesting stuff.  Not whether or not men walked on the moon, but what makes some people believe they didn't.

How did you come to believe this, anyway?  Coast to Coast AM?  YouTube?  Paranormal podcasts?  Friends?

I used to listen to a radio show of a well-respected Cornell graduate physics professor years ago who had developed his own theory about comets.  Jim McCanney's Science Hour.  He said we definitely did not go to the moon.  He's been studying astronomy and physics for decades.  I'm not a complete idiot.  Of course, I didn't come to believe this from youtube or coast to coast am.  Give me some credit.  I used to have an IQ of 130 before I got off the pills. 

Well, i dont know about Becks...

But i just have a gut feeling, which is usually right... -a life lesson... But when i see something that convinces me, I will accept it as fact... But as we cant trust imagery, from as far back as Loc Ness, or the first UFO... i will wait. Especially as i can see possible reasons as to why it could have been faked at that time...

asides, this is as much about exploring our belief systems, as anything else...

-I could just as easily ask, -Do intelligent life forms exist off planet...

-or does God exist (but im not asking that)...

-are ghosts real...

The list goes on...

[e9...]