Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Extreme counseling (parody)

[Lo...]

Ha - I used to work in agencies like this.  Always the young female therapists spoke in what i called "question speak"  Where every statement ends in this annoying upward pitch like they are asking a question.  If I hear someone in any context speaking to me this way I get irritable immediately.  W

Ha - I uses to work in agencies like this.  Always the young female therapists spoke in what i called "question speak"  Where every statement ends in this annoying upward pitch like they are asking a question.  If I hear someone in any context speaking to me this way I get irritable immediately.  W

I know what you mean, WBB. It was like a fad for awhile, there...drove me nuts! The first time I heard it it came from a friend who was really into anything trendy. And I kept saying "yeah?" after everything she said until I realized she was talking weird. From then on I just cringed every time someone would talk that way...that trend got so out of hand that they were even talking that way on the local news!

The latest is; beginning sentences with "so" and another is 'that being said'...I shouldn't let this stuff get under my skin, I just have this pet peeve about trendy speech that gets carried away.

Yes, I went to see this therapist a long time ago when my father was passing away from cancer, and I had felt a lot of grief and conflicting emotions. When I explained all that grief and guilt and all the emotions I felt, he said "oh, that doesn't really matter now". I was stunned thinking "but that's why I came here". When I came for the second session, he proceeded to tell me that depressed people make bad decisions and mistakes. At that time, I was so grounded in my life, just dealing with grief. I had a great job, a house, my life was very stable. I stopped going after the second session. The guy was actually bringing me down. Why is there always this assumption that if someone is going through a mild/moderate depressive episode because of grief that they're headed down the path of destruction?????

Ha - I used to work in agencies like this.  Always the young female therapists spoke in what i called "question speak"  Where every statement ends in this annoying upward pitch like they are asking a question.  If I hear someone in any context speaking to me this way I get irritable immediately.  W

Lol, that's how Aussies speak too.  I also find it rather irritating, it takes some getting used to.  :D