Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Big decisions ahead- need some advice

[Fl...]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [Be...]

• [be...]

• [Ca...]

You, who started the great thread on protracted success cases, can you still believe in total recovery for all? Weren´t many of those great, brilliant and enthusiastic messages premature? I´m just asking, don´t missunderstand me. But could all of those success-story people, one year after continue assuring us they were completely healed?

Some hope to this poor soul would be appreciated, thanks!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I think it is possible to have symptoms that persist for a very long time (I am probably getting to the point where I can qualify for that) and even Ashton states that it is possible to have some issues that persist indefinitely, but based on the evidence I have seen having been in the support community for a long time I believe that the vast majority of people heal up pretty good by the 5 year mark and a few still have problems after the 5 year mark but it is pretty rare to see anyone still having serious issues after about 7 years or so.

So I think we have to look at it as "the long term prognosis is good" instead of "I might not heal". Either way the result may be the same- long term symptoms, but it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that we are going to be severely ill for the rest of our lives, and I don't believe that will be the case for most people. At this point I am not convinced that I will ever get back to my pre-benzo self but I don't believe that means that I am doomed to suffer forever.

You´re completely right. I´m there 99% of the time. Just not today, because after some long period of slow but continous healing I went back to some of my worst symptoms, which I thought were over forever. That´s been so for 2 months or a little more, and the last week much worse still. Yesterday and today, yet worse. You know, when you think it can´t get worse, it can and often does. So today a feeling of despair came over me. But I´ll try to have some sleep now and sorry for the irruption.

Ricardo

I do agree that they use FICO scores and I try to stay off CK because every time you log in, your score goes down.

I don't see why your score would drop when you log into CK unless they factor that into their scoring model, but I don't see why they would. It wouldn't matter anyway because most lenders don't use that score. With most scoring models the only way an inquiry affects your score is if it is a hard inquiry where you are specifically applying for credit. If a lender pulls it to send you offers or if you pull your own score it doesn't count against you. Neither does an insurance inquiry.

Hey FG:

You can do a lot of things with your hands. I'm sure this will be easy compared to other jobs you have done. I know banks use the three major credit score bureaus (I just got a home loan) and the theory being that if you look it up too often, they assume banks have turned you down, and thus reduce your score. Anyway, this project should keep your mind off your troubles. Something to look forward to. :thumbsup:

Betsy :smitten:

Knock knock...

Hi everyone, kinda stumbled on this...

Could i put forward the theory that many (not all) of us arent happy on our side of the fence for ever...

Greener grass and all that...

I grew up in far north australia on 90 thousand acres, the only property on a big river and a days drive to the nearest shop, 3 days to a city and flooded in by road 4-6mths of the year... -Heaven!!!

My siblings and i couldnt wait to get out of there...!!!

(And it wasnt all roses, we grew up on the fringes of lawlessness, with drugs, alcohol and worse only hours away by boat, and never contained)...

Then i lived on a boat for years on the great barrier reef, diving and fishing as i pleased... -only problem was the 18 new guests i had to look after each week, and only 4hrs a week on shore...

I couldnt wait to have a "normal" life with my family...

So i lived in a city and went to uni/college for some years...

But that was just nuts...

So i brought a fair chunk of dirt where i am now, kids in school or able to get normal jobs and a couple of hours from a city...

But the days were to quiet and i missed people... so i got a job, selling motorbikes... that lasted a few years, but sales is a rat race and i was planning to sail to nowhere forever with the younger kids, when i was hit by a car on my way home...

So 2 years in hospital, -and guess what... -I didnt like that either... and i was only 37!!!

Well, I have hade lots of time to think, benzo brain and all, and i think i will just pick up where i left off, when im healed, and go sailing...

cos i dont think i will ever be happy in one place...

So FG... a little house on wheels sounds like a damn fine idea to me..!!!

It will turn out even better than u can imagine...!!

What a wonderful story, Cantfly - thanks for sharing that!

I agree. Oh Boy, do I wish I lived on 70,000 acres! My doggies would love that.

Thanks guys, -i came quite close to deleting it...

(Wasnt sure how it would come across, and self conscious also)

Betsy, there were downsides... Dogs (or horses) dont play well with crocodiles (up to 20 foot), pigs or snakes... but the beach was safer, and where i remember my younger fun times, or up the back in the water falls... The river was a no go for us kids on our own...

We had no neighbours, it is all national park, so the only kids we realy knew were from an Aboriginal community down the coast and some from the fishing industry that lived on their boats an hour or so away... -It all went back to Native Title... an end of an era...

[34...]

Betsy, there were downsides... Dogs (or horses) dont play well with crocodiles (up to 20 foot), pigs or snakes... but the beach was safer, and where i remember my younger fun times, or up the back in the water falls... The river was a no go for us kids on our own...

We had no neighbours, it is all national park, so the only kids we realy knew were from an Aboriginal community down the coast and some from the fishing industry that lived on their boats an hour or so away... -It all went back to Native Title... an end of an era...

So glad you didn't delete it, Cantfly!

You have led such an interesting life - would you consider starting a Buddie Blog? I'm sure people would love to read more, seriously.

Buddie Blogs

Sorry for hijacking your thread, FG - and congrats on securing the more-than-adequate loan, great news!

I know banks use the three major credit score bureaus (I just got a home loan) and the theory being that if you look it up too often, they assume banks have turned you down, and thus reduce your score.

They use your credit report from the three credit bureau's but FICO is generally the scoring model they use and that score will not decrease if you pull your personal credit report. Only if you apply for credit without getting approved will it decrease, and even then it doesn't decrease by much. I have borrow millions of dollars in my life....been through all of this many times.

This explains it all, and it specifically dispels the myth that checking your credit through CK will lower your score.

https://www.creditkarma.com/article/hard_inquiries_and_soft_inquiries

One of the biggest credit misconceptions is that checking your own credit score using companies like Credit Karma will hurt your credit score. This is not the case. You can check your credit scores at Credit Karma as often as you like without affecting your credit score.

Yikes! Remind me not to move to Australia. I don't think I would be welcome anyway because of our new, uh......I did have a roommate in college named Sydney. She was very rich and always said she wanted to move to Australia right after she graduated. We all though this was nonsense talk on her part but that's exactly what she did~~ she moved to Sydney. Also Paul Hogan stole my brother's GF, Linda Koslowki. Boy could I tell you stories about her!

We have cute fluffy animals too!!! Lol

-im sure u would be welcome... -we even take boat people... :)

Its amazing how small a world it can be...! -prob y u best not tell those stories... lol...

Hope everyone is doing well...

I went from 0hrs to 8hrs sleep... yay!

I grew up in the U.K at the time when 'Ten Pound Poms' were the big thing. Basically after the war Australia was looking for an influx of Brits., hence the dirt cheap passages. I thought a lot about what the early Brit settlers found when they got off the convict ships. We only have two snakes, the harmless grass snake and the mildly poisonous adder. Imagine the horror of the settlers when they encountered the deadly Oz snakes, not to mention funnel webs. O.M.G.

I have read a lot about the early timber cutters... it was a hard life for sure!!!

Snakes seem to be rather forgiving, if one isnt trying to harm them... -most times...

They feel foot steps, so are most often long gone, unless its cold and they are sunning themselves..

Or you "find" them under a sheet of tin...

Spiders... -i just hate...!!!

Lol, -the reef is another name for Heaven...

Everybody should see it...

We worked the Swains Reefs 120 miles out to sea, and if anyone has the inclination, google Kato Reef, -my favourite place on the sothern end...

Sharks are still better than spiders... for all the time i spent diving and spear fishing, i never had a serious problem... -poured a few stiff drinks for guests that claimed they were attacked, i only remember one smallish bite on our boat...

I knew a deckhand that got taken on another boat. He dove in while they were filleting, to spear a big cod, and a large shark was laying under the hull...

But they are awesome, and im glad they are protected...

But fair is fair... -i never been on a train, to the theatre or even seen a band...

What is a big ball game like? And what of this white stuff they call snow???

What have i yet to catch up on guys??

:)

My favourite scuba hang out has to be the Barrier Reef. The feeling of silence you get from just being underwater is incredible. As long as you show respect for the natural life you encounter, there is no danger. I wonder about Steve Irwin. He went for so long facing danger everyday and in the end what got him wasn't a croc or a snake but a sting ray.

In my former non benzo life I worked as a tour director. I remember taking a group of Australians visiting from the Gold Coast to Bryce Canyon in the early spring. They suddenly started screaming with excitement. Bryce still had snow and this was the first time that they had ever seen snow. We made a snowman and had a snowball fight. Being a kid for a day felt great.

Bryce canyon looks amazing...

isnt it great taking people to special places and seeing their amazment and joy...

I found it hard to picture snow there, because its the same colour as much of our desert...!! -but i did see some white stuff in one picture...

Thanks...

Bryce is amazing. I loved to take 'first-timers' there. I would not tell them much about what we would see, building on the excitement. The Grand Canyon is spectacular and almost overwhelming, but Bryce has it's own a very special feeling. If the two wonders were composers, the Grand Canyon would be Mahler, and Bryce would be Bach.

Well i finally caught up on the middle bit of your thread FG.

It is such a realistic snap shot of how these meds affect our whole lives... I can relate so much, and am seeing just how important havin goals and dreams are again...

NEVER be afraid of the unknown, or trying new things...

When the live coral trout industry started off way up where we were, the pros came in with their million dollar boats and had it made...

Dad decided to give it a crack with us kids fishing out of aluminium tinnies and using concrete mesh and chicken wire for holding pens... we had a few disasters... But managed a few years doing 2-3 tonn a week, at often well over $10/kg...

I know its different days now, and things are more regulated... But im so glad we didnt give up when sharks tore our pens to bits at the beginning, or we lost them in a cyclone... Dad just thought up a new way to try...

The hill billy fishermen...

FG i guess your off and running, and the sky is the limit... (or beyond even...!!!)

And yes, pls do a build blog for your project...