Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sorry

[co...]

Just wanted to say sorry to everyone for getting your discussion locked. Seems all I have to do is show up and the thread gets locked. Sorry if I upset anyone, it wasn't my intention.

No worries, there were multiple contributors to the 'shutdown', which was bound to happen eventually.  The topic was too dicey to begin with, frankly.

Thanks. I missed all the earlier discussion and chimed in late so I thought it was my fault.

Not your fault. This is not a discussion that was going in a good direction and was best closed.

PG

Just wanted to say sorry to everyone for getting your discussion locked. Seems all I have to do is show up and the thread gets locked. Sorry if I upset anyone, it wasn't my intention.

No need to apologize to me.  I appreciated your honesty.  I'm a woman and the comments you made didn't bother me one bit.  I was really interested in that discussion and men and women's viewpoints.  I'm sorry it got locked.

Thanks Beck. I guess the mods have a point about not being disruptive to members who are suffering withdrawal but it's a shame honesty on that topic even has to be disruptive. I seem to get a lot of capital OMGs when I post but I'm not a bad guy. Oh well.... :idiot:

confused1.  The only time I get upset and report posts or pm's to mods is when a bb is being abusive to me or someone else.  Otherwise, information and learning doesn't bother me at all and I welcome it.  It leads to wisdom to learn the truth about things. 

Thanks Beck. I guess the mods have a point about not being disruptive to members who are suffering withdrawal but it's a shame honesty on that topic even has to be disruptive. I seem to get a lot of capital OMGs when I post but I'm not a bad guy. Oh well.... :idiot:

I'll have to go read some of your posts which prompted OMG's.  Sounds like interesting reading to me.  It's obvious you're a confident, sensible, kind and outspoken guy who just likes to tell it like it is.  I love that in a person.

Ditto.  Nothing to be apologetic about in my books either, Confused.  :thumbsup:  I was rather confused (!) too (yea, yea, it's getting old, I know).  But it was your personal truth, that's all.  I found nothing wrong with FG's comments either.  And I found nothing wrong with any person's comments opposing any person's comments.  Oh well, just shows how agreeable Becks and I are.  ;)

Nothing anyone says upsets me except verbal abuse, and nothing posted on that thread was that at all, but quite the opposite.  I'm not sensitive to reading content of any sort, just sensitive to being attacked. 

Oh well, just shows how agreeable Becks and I are.  ;)

Yes, both of you are "agreeable" and I really appreciate being able to discuss things with you even if we don't always see eye to eye. Tolerance seems to be in short supply these days  :-\

Thank you ladies, that makes me feel better ;) It was a short comment so of course it didn't express the fullness of my relationship. I've been married to the same woman for 31 years, love her deeply, and have 11 children with her. I have never cheated on her. No small feat, eh? I was just speaking to a reality, a harsh one, that most men must learn to deal with and overcome.

Confused1,

I think many of the OMGs you received may come from a perspective of how a man who has been married to a lovely woman for 31 years, who gave him 11 beautiful children, could ever objectify this loyal partner 31 years later, as though she was a stranger walking down the street with physical attributes that are no longer attractive to him.  After 31 years of a rich beautiful history together, one would hope that the laws of attraction between strangers would no longer apply.  I am sure, Confused1 that, after 31 years, you no longer possess the same attractive attributes that you had when your wife first met you either.  Flabby butts, old man boobs, wrinkles that can hold dimes...it's called aging and, if you are very lucky like you are, you are blessed with a mate who sees beyond the less attractive physical qualities and sees the man you are inside.

I wonder how your wife would feel if she read what you wrote about her after she gave the majority of HER heart, and her most physically attractive years, to a man she loved so deeply.  I'm sure your wife looks at you very differently than you look at her, with eyes that see far beyond the initial physical attraction.  If that were not the case, most people would divorce in their late 30s.

Sofa

LOL, she tells me all the time what an old man I'm getting to be. My wife and I are long past being anything but bluntly honest with each other. Thanks for the concern, but we're just fine and will work our way into old age with each other. :smitten: But if it bothers you, you can have the mods take down my post. It WAS foolish of me to reveal an internal struggle in such a public forum. People rarely fight their own demons, let alone take the time to understand another's.

LOL, she tells me all the time what an old man I'm getting to be. My wife and I are long past being anything but bluntly honest with each other. Thanks for the concern, but we're just fine and will work our way into old age with each other. :smitten: But if it bothers you, you can have the mods take down my post. It WAS foolish of me to reveal an internal struggle in such a public forum. People rarely fight their own demons, let alone take the time to understand another's.

What a shame, it has to be this way.  Having to watch what you say and if it goes against someone's grain, being attacked then and your posts being reported.  You weren't abusing anyone and only sharing your own honesty about your marriage.