Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Call for help- Kpin making me sicker and sicker

[Pl...]

It seems like some paradoxical reaction.

I don't have advice. Have you explored a switch to carbamazepine/oxcarbazepine/gabapentin/Lyrica, possibly with a taper ?

Maybe phenobarbital or anything that will prevent an all out cold turkey, but that will allow you to get off ?

You just need to keep hitting redial with BAT, you will get through eventually.

I don't want to speak for them, but certainly Ian Singleton is on the record as saying that CT is absolutely the worst thing to do. He did when Loazepam made him terribly ill and he became much worse.

I have never heard anyone advised to CT by someone who works with WD, I mean someone who is knowledgable, not some quack in a detox.

The MIND benzo support group in London says it is the one thing you absolutely must never do.

Cold turkey to me wouldn't be an option but I don't think reinstatement of Ativan good either after what you went through before. Possibly any benzo would be more harmful than it's worth. Lynn might be on to something though. Phenobarbital for example for simply a short term. It seems you're reacting very badly to benzos but still cold turkey is very poor judgment on any doctor's part unless it's something like anaphylaxis which would indeed be deadly. It's clearly not that so not sure about other drugs exactly but something similar to a benzo. Not a benzo itself. A drug to calm you down. I want to help more but am at a loss. But no...not cold turkey. B

Cold turkey can be fatal in the most serious cases so I would def try what Lynn suggested. I just hope that you begin to feel better soon.....and im sure you will!!      :thumbsup:

There's one of the mods here who CTd because they thought things couldn't possibly get worse, only to find out they absolutely could get worse.

I'm not saying that to worry you, but I don't think CT is anything other than an exceptionally risky gamble that could backfire horrendously.

I have severe involuntary movements of my whole face and head that is so bad .... Its pure torture...it would drive anyone crazy to go thru this everyday....Ultimately my life has been destroyed... People don't come back from that.... Everytime I dose it shuts my brain down to where I feel catatonic....pins and needles burning body contortions tremoring entire face spasms all night long....

Akasthesia from hell

I don't know anymore...

I feel like my spirit is just slowly dying ... I don't know how to convey it... Its like you don't want to be tortured anymore and your just waiting to wither away -although you've been fighting..,like giving up because you know there's no way out...

I'm sorry for this post

DONT BE SORRY!! We will help all we can and please try and stay strong and try and get all the help you need! Please don't give up!  :-[

People are here. Giving up should never be an option. Your spirit is not dying. That's a temporary pain so remember. Temporary only. Giving up is permanent. You have nothing to be sorry for. People are here to listen. B

Please, is your Brother with you? You are not alone, there are many here for you, no need to be sorry, you are having and have had a hard time.

Do these spasms happen at the moment of sleep (like a Hypnic jerk)?  How much sleep do you get?  I had severe constant twitching and spasms for 6 months after stopping clonazepam and the Hypnic jerks are still very bad, but better than they were.  My face and tongue felt like they were in seizure every night.  Brain zaps, shocks and muscle jerks kept me awake for days in a row.  I had constant spasming in my legs and arms when sitting.  Things started to get better at month 6.  I'm still a wreck, but much better than I was.  Not sure if that gives you hope, but just thought I would let you know that I had severe symptoms just like yours.

Do these spasms happen at the moment of sleep (like a Hypnic jerk)?  How much sleep do you get?  I had severe constant twitching and spasms for 6 months after stopping clonazepam and the Hypnic jerks are still very bad, but better than they were.  My face and tongue felt like they were in seizure every night.  Brain zaps, shocks and muscle jerks kept me awake for days in a row.  I had constant spasming in my legs and arms when sitting.  Things started to get better at month 6.  I'm still a wreck, but much better than I was.  Not sure if that gives you hope, but just thought I would let you know that I had severe symptoms just like yours.

Yes but also during the day....I'm able to sleep all night but its broken and I have vivid nightmares every night.....

Can you explain more what your facial type seizures were like?  I also get them in my jaw severely eyes forehead.... Did you ever get tremors on the outside of your body or internal vibrations?

Pleasebehere,

I don't know what to say except that it seems 'it's the wrong drug'.

I would not recommend a CT, but I'm not gonna say it's the worst idea either.

Pleasebehere,

I don't know what to say except that it seems 'it's the wrong drug'.

I would not recommend a CT, but I'm not gonna say it's the worst idea either.

Liberty.... Thank you for your input very much....I appreciate you taking the time to help me.... I just wish I had the right answer on what to do...

I don't want to make another wrong move...

Please,

Sometimes doing nothing is the wrong move.

Dr. Told me to just discontinue the drug after one year of use....... i dont understand how he could just tell me that....I can barely stand more then 5 minutes... i tried 2 months ago calling at least 5 people / doctors to no avail...brother just finished another email to Bataid with specific details....

The ER told me they couldn't help me...

I don't know what else to do....I'm searching I'm knocking....and I'm in no condition.... My health is so frail....I am bedridden...

I'd keep speed-dialing BAT.  Maybe add in another benzo?  I think you did well on Ativan(?).  It's just that things have been so bad for you for so long.  I don't think I could have lasted without making a change to see if I could feel better.  I know that you have been switched around and this is a concern.  It's a really tough situation but you aren't functional.  Will your doctor consider a change?  I think I'd feel that not trying something might be just as risky as staying the course.

I am truly sorry that you are suffering so much and hope you find something that will help.

Please, Lynn has pretty well echoed most everything I have said to you, like I said, BAT is key and getting some relief, I know you are weary and tired, but something needs to change for the good for you soon.

I'd keep speed-dialing BAT.  Maybe add in another benzo?  I think you did well on Ativan(?).  It's just that things have been so bad for you for so long.  I don't think I could have lasted without making a change to see if I could feel better.  I know that you have been switched around and this is a concern.  It's a really tough situation but you aren't functional.  Will your doctor consider a change?  I think I'd feel that not trying something might be just as risky as staying the course.

I am truly sorry that you are suffering so much and hope you find something that will help.

Thank you.....any change to my cns its like my body can't handle it..... maybe switching back to pills for 2 months wasnt long enough of a time? Sometimes I notice little microscopic changes.... My sxs rotate out every other day in intensity I don't know what that means? Again side effects are killing me

I know there are two other people on here that reinstated and held over 6 months on kolonopin but never stabilized at all...

Put it this way... could you possibly feel any worse than you do just now? I doubt it. So take a chance and change something. 

Please,

I'm not talking reinstating K.  K seems to be very bad for you.  I suggested you look into adding some A, which you were ok on, and getting to where you can substitute the A for the K and taper off the K and then stabilize on A.  At least this is probably what I would be looking to do.