Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Professor Heather Ashton is ill...

[Gr...]

When I went to my doctor and told him I was shaking all the time after I got off the benzo's, he told me I was in PAWS and what was going on.  Then I found this site and learned about Heather Ashton and read her manual.  If it weren't for her manual and her teachings and this website, I'd really be lost about what's happened to me.  She's a godsend.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Gr...]

• [lo...]

• [be...]

• [Ch...]

My prayers go out to Dr. Ashton and her family across the sea and will continue.  I don't know what would have happened to me without finding her manual online that she graciously gave to the world for free.  I might be dead or polydrugged instead of healing.  While it was too late for me to taper knowledgeably, Dr. Ashton's manual, learning my symptoms were withdrawal, gave me validation, comforts and courage to go the distance.  Her manual also has served as a tool for the suffering to draw together, to gather to help and support each other.  Importantly, Dr. Ashton practiced good science, good medicine and shared her research and knowledge freely as was once usual in medicine, like the Mayo brothers and many respected others, but which now is a field too often driven by greed more than to relieve human suffering.  By practicing good science, writing it up and putting it out therefor free she beat big pharma winning the health and lives of the deceived and suffering - even into the future.  True good doctors recognize her good practices upon being shown her manual and are thankful for the solid ground.  She has been to me personally a tool of God's loving mercy.  Mercy is God's ministry to the miserable.  Thank you Dr. Ashton.  And thank you Ashton family for the times her work cost you her time.  I hope someone is able to paste this somewhere, facebook or etc where she and her family will see it.   

Just a bookmark!  :angel:

God bless her and I know she's earned a huge reward, regardless of what happens! Thanks D for the info! 

Sh was the only medico who really stuck her neck out to acknowledge the pain so many go through in Benzo withdrawal. "She's my Mother Theresa of Benzodiazepine Recovery" (even though I'm never patient/strong enough to follow her advice...)

God Bless Prof. Ashton.  In 2015 when my General Practitioner told me to research benzos to decide whether or not I wanted to ditch them the 1st recommendation that I got was the Ashton Manual.  That manual answered so many questions that I didn't even know that I had.  Awesome work Professor!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for the enlightenment, I wouldn't have found out I was  in tolerance  w/d if I hadn't found your site, you saved my life and I'm sure the doctors would just have put me on more medication and antidepressants if it wasn't for you. Im recovering and it's thanks to you. All my love :smitten: