Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Professor Heather Ashton is ill...

[Gr...]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Gr...]

• [lo...]

• [be...]

• [Ch...]

Got it!  I had to click 'Discus' to see the guest option.

:idiot:

Glad you got it.  I didn't have to do that, well I don't think I did!!  :crazy: :crazy:

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Well, that was my fault, benzohno.  I moved it hoping to protect the thread from being published disrespectfully elsewhere.

I tried to post on the first link...it asked me to confirm with a msg to my email.  I tried twice and it never sent a confirmation.

Hey Challis,

That's okay.  Now I understand why you moved it.  I'm glad you were able to leave a message for Dr. Ashton with the nice guidance from Fiona.  :thumbsup:

Ok, so does it take a while before they post your comments on this website because I can't see mine? Getting a bit frustrated, am I thick or what!? No confirmation email either.

It did say that comments would be moderated but mine came up pretty quickly.  Maybe depends if anyone is there to moderate.

I didn't get an email, my comment just appeared.  Maybe check tomorrow.

Fiona  :thumbsup:

thank you for this information. That person NEEDs to hear what she has given to all of us - I have send a comment.

I hope she gets love and support now.

It did say that comments would be moderated but mine came up pretty quickly.  Maybe depends if anyone is there to moderate.

Thanks Fiona, will do. I've posted 3 times so I hope it doesn't appear 3 times!  :idiot:

Thanks Fiona, will do. I've posted 3 times so I hope it doesn't appear 3 times!  :idiot:

You did it, just once.  :thumbsup:

Thank you. I am so incredibly saddened by this news. I wonder if this woman truly knows how many people's lives she has saved and improved for the better?. A truly remarkable human being.  :'(

This was posted this morning:

Dr Ashton's son wrote us back. Dr Ashton said she is "very grateful indeed for the good wishes but not able to digest individual messages fully. The best tribute to her work is the kind of initiative on which you have embarked to help the victims of benzo dependency, and to bring this avoidable scourge to an end."

Dr Ashton's son wrote us back. Dr Ashton said she is "very grateful indeed for the good wishes but not able to digest individual messages fully. The best tribute to her work is the kind of initiative on which you have embarked to help the victims of benzo dependency, and to bring this avoidable scourge to an end."

I'm glad he is keeping you/us updated.  Thank you.

I'm glad he is keeping you/us updated.  Thank you.

Your very welcome Challis. A person by the name of JC Marie posted this on the Benzodiazepine Awareness & Legal Action Facebook page.

So glad Heather is aware that we have been posting comments.  I hope she does not suffer.

Fiona  :smitten:

This was posted a couple of hours ago. I have no idea what "drama" is being referred to here...

Just another announcement from John Ashton.

Please stop emailing them. They are so polite they feel compelled to respond to everyone and they are not up for it. I'm not sure where this is coming from? I saw there was some drama about it unrelated to us on benzobuddies, but we have to do what we can to accommodate - thank you!

I'm sure it's a difficult, sensitive time. I hope people respect their wishes and just allow them to be together as a family for some calm, quiet time.

To be recognized by her is extremely humbling and encouraging. Her work has and will continue to add so much value to this world. The lives she has saved. The hope she brings. If not for her and the knowledge and love contained in this website my life would have been ruined by these drugs. I now have a workable plan and I could never thank her enough.

It looks like the page has now been taken down.  I also so hope she doesn't suffer.  :(

I inquired about the page being gone and they said that people wouldn't stop emailing Professor Ashton so they took the page down.

It looks like the page has now been taken down.  I also so hope she doesn't suffer.  :(

I inquired about the page being gone and they said that people wouldn't stop emailing Professor Ashton so they took the page down.

Oh dear, I'm sure they didn't need that kind of pressure.  I'll just say again I pray she's not suffering.  :(

Oh dear, I'm sure they didn't need that kind of pressure.  I'll just say again I pray she's not suffering.  :(

Me too, abcd, me too.