Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Carrie Fisher

[wa...]

As I was watching an older interview she talked at some length about Benzo use for over a year and a half and having to go to long term detox to get off and described it as horribly addicting!

As I was watching an older interview she talked at some length about Benzo use for over a year and a half and having to go to long term detox to get off and described it as horribly addicting!

YES - I was about to scour youtube for her interviews.  I knew it.  I knew she had a history with benzos.  I know her life with bipolar lead to a life of drug use but I now wonder what she was on at the end, poor dear.  Age 60 is very young.  WBB

[f5...]

In a fairly recent interview she said that she was (currently) on seven different medications, plus ECT.

I can't help but wonder if her bipolar diagnosis was the direct result of the prior polydrugging.

What a sad day.

The movie, Postcards from the Edge, starring Shirley McClaine and Meryl Streep, was about her battle with addiction. I feel so bad for all the greats we loved and lost this year. Let's hope that 2017 is a better one for all. RIP  :'(

In a fairly recent interview she said that she was (currently) on seven different medications, plus ECT.

I can't help but wonder if her bipolar diagnosis was the direct result of the prior polydrugging.

What a sad day.

Me too :(

How in the world could a body stand all those drugs ??

What a sad day.

Me too :(

How in the world could a body stand all those drugs ??

It finally gave out, all we have left are memories of the person she was.  I am very sad.  This brings to light the poly drugging problem, I personally believe the bipolar diagnosis was from the polydrugging, especially antidepressants.

Sweet pea

I am happy so many BBers responded to this thread....I, too, immediately suspected that her "bipolar" diagnosis and other problems were actually from poly drugging..I hate that her life was so short...I am amazed that the airplane care/cpr was kept going for long enough to get her to a hospital and let her family have a little more time with her.....I am also very sad for her beloved companion dog....I hope the family will somehow love him well....I just got all weepy!!!

Benzogirl Postcards from the Edge was a good movie.  :thumbsup:

I liked her as the Mad girlfriend in Blues bros.  Also, so funny.  :laugh:

Gard:

I love that movie and saw it many times. It wasn't to recently that I learned that it was about her. I have to watch it again now with a new perspective. Maybe I'll buy the book on Amazon as a get gift certificates from my family every Xmas. I thought the acting was great. ❤️👍🏿

[f5...]

I am happy so many BBers responded to this thread....I, too, immediately suspected that her "bipolar" diagnosis and other problems were actually from poly drugging..I hate that her life was so short...I am amazed that the airplane care/cpr was kept going for long enough to get her to a hospital and let her family have a little more time with her.....I am also very sad for her beloved companion dog...I hope the family will somehow love him well....I just got all weepy!!!

Luckily her dog, Gary, originally was her daughter's dog - Carrie fell in love with him and swiped him. So he's safely with Billie now, and knew her well all along. I was so relieved to read that!

It really is like a Greek tragedy. So awful for Billie and Todd. I don't even want to know what more 2016 has up its sleeve.

I read Billie is going to be in another Star Wars film 2017 --