Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

George Michael is dead

[be...]

Not much more news now, but it was said he died peacefully in his bed in England on Xmas day. He died of heart failure. I  think he was only 53 or so. I love that song of his, Faith. Why is everyone dying these days? RIP.

Although heart failure is surprisingly common in younger people, it is said that he had addiction problems. It will come out in the wash, as we English folk say.

I don't think he ever got over losing the love of his life to an AIDS related brain haemorrhage. He wrote the song "Jesus To A Child" about him. The lyrics are heartbreaking.

He then donated the royalties from the song to a children's charity.

A troubled, sensitive man. His soul has "Freedom" now.

How can someone so young die of heart failure?  Sounds fishy to me, like they're covering something up.  Was he taking drugs?

Hey becks!

In the end, everyone died of heart failure. It's just the method on how they got there. Like Phillip Seymour Hoffman died of heart failure due to a lethal dose of heroin.

Betsy ❤️

Interesting viewpoint, Betsy. So if someone's kidneys failed then you would say that kidney failure made his/her heart fail? If so, then that would be on everyone's death certificate, yes? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick? Please enlighten me!

Hope you're okay. Gilly x

Interesting viewpoint, Betsy. So if someone's kidneys failed then you would say that kidney failure made his/her heart fail? If so, then that would be on everyone's death certificate, yes? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick? Please enlighten me!

Hope you're okay. Gilly x

Hey Gilly!!!!

According to the CDC, renal failure causes cardiovascular disease, hence the next step is heart failure. The ME might list it as renal failure but in the end it is heart failure. Same holds true for a stroke  or something. You are pronounced dead when your heart stops pumping. Same with a brain tumor. It gets so big that it forces your heart to stop. One may become a vegetable, or brain dead, but as long as your heart pumps you are technically alive.

Betsy ❤️❤️

Why would someone who is only 53 years old die of heart failure?  What else was wrong with him?  I think they're covering something up about why he really died.  No one dies of old age at 53.  Maybe he had a bad heart? 

Why would someone who is only 53 years old die of heart failure?  What else was wrong with him?  I think they're covering something up about why he really died.  No one dies of old age at 53.  Maybe he had a bad heart?

Mebbe he had a bad heart but I don't get it why he would want to take steroids. When I think of a musicians death I first look at drugs. But since they said he died peacefully in his home, to me that would not indicate he had an OD. He would have been at the hospital no?

I read the same thing in several places. He also admitted to smoking up to 25 joints a day so I think that may have contributed to his lung problems.

George Michael had probs for yrs, after his Faith album it seems nothing else happened.

I do know one thing, no one could sing, Somebody to Love like he did at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert.

He had a beautiful voice.  :smitten:

I thought it was mean to have posted that pic of him looking so fat.....It looks photoshopped to me.

It's a very strange pic. 

I just read that he had a heroin addiction problem and had to go to the hospital a few times before he died because of it.  They said the autopsy was inconclusive pending further tests.  I wonder if it was from a drug overdose?

I just read that he had a heroin addiction problem and had to go to the hospital a few times before he died because of it.  They said the autopsy was inconclusive pending further tests.  I wonder if it was from a drug overdose?

That was my first thought.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...