Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Alcohol Related Setback

[Si...]

Sorry to hear that Siggy, I really am. My setback lasted about a month. Now I just feel "normally" crappy.  :-\

Glad yours only lasted a month. I wish I could say the same. No idea how long it will take me to get better now.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Si...]

• [Sh...]

• [do...]

• [Da...]

I drank a fair few last wknd and felt pretty rough this last wk. But I got smacked with the flu. It's hard to say if it was caused by drinking. It's a bit of a reminder that alcohol is risky. Especially because I haven't had any flare up of sx for the last 2 months after drinks. Sorry Siggy. This must be truly shattering.

I drank a fair few last wknd and felt pretty rough this last wk. But I got smacked with the flu. It's hard to say if it was caused by drinking. It's a bit of a reminder that alcohol is risky. Especially because I haven't had any flare up of sx for the last 2 months after drinks. Sorry Siggy. This must be truly shattering.

Yeah I'm taking it pretty rough. I've barely ever missed any days of work ever. I was even going to work some days when I hadn't slept two or three nights in a row. I fought really hard through the withdrawal. That's why I'm so mad at myself for getting back in this situation. Hope you get well from the flu. That's never fun.

I went up Stone Mountain three times last week-end the akathisia was so bad. I'm now waking up with burning skin. I just wish I could rewind back two months.

Ugh - Siggy -- I really feel bad for you.  ANd it must feel terrible to read of others getting away with a drink like you used to.  So, who knows what got whacked out this time.  Just a little too much, I guess.  I know this will be in the past for you soon and this crappy chapter will be over.  Don't blame yourself or be so hard on yourself.  It's good to see you are moving around so much with the akathisia which I know is hell. 

I had that horrible vibration thing return when I drank too much once early on in my taper and got reassurance from others here  (I am so grateful to them).  I must have been crazy. 

Your brain will get on track again -- just keep doing what your doing.  WBB

Ugh - Siggy -- I really feel bad for you.  ANd it must feel terrible to read of others getting away with a drink like you used to.  So, who knows what got whacked out this time.  Just a little too much, I guess.  I know this will be in the past for you soon and this crappy chapter will be over.  Don't blame yourself or be so hard on yourself.  It's good to see you are moving around so much with the akathisia which I know is hell. 

I had that horrible vibration thing return when I drank too much once early on in my taper and got reassurance from others here  (I am so grateful to them).  I must have been crazy. 

Your brain will get on track again -- just keep doing what your doing.  WBB

Thanks wanna, I just have to keep in moving forward somehow. Glad you had some reassurances way back when. Hoping to get back to my regular self soon.

I hope you get better soon to man, that is one long set back you have been facing.

Yeah it's bullshit. I can't stop being so mad at myself. I was feeling great. Now I'm at home not

being able to go to work because I feel like utter crap. Wtf

• 2 months later...
Just and update. I'm feeling better these days. It took about 4 months total to get over this setback, just in case this happens to anyone else looking for some answers.

Glad you are doing better! Question for you--do you get drowsy before you go to bed? Just wondering if that ever comes back...

Glad you are doing better! Question for you--do you get drowsy before you go to bed? Just wondering if that ever comes back...

I do now, but not when I wasn't sleeping for two or three days straight. There are some nights now where I can barely stay awake. And that's after drinking a cup or two of fully caffeinated cofee in the morning. This is my third go around and my sleep came back each time. The first was getting off the short term benzo use. The second was my first setback which lasted 10 months. This third lasted 4 months. Each time I had brutal insomnia, which got better each time. So if I can get better each time, so can anybody. Just have to stay away from any GABAergic drugs.

That's amazing that you get drowsy !! Yes I am staying away from all meds and supps !! Thanks for giving me hope that I will get there too one day.

This is good news, SIggy.  I gave up booze (again) because if feels like Russian roulette wondering, "Is this the beer that will put me back in acute?"  Thanks for your cautionary tale.  WBB

I am doing a lot better the last couple of months. But now that's happening I seem to have become sensitive to alcohol. I used to be able to have some drinks without much fall back. But a couple of weeks ago I had 1 vodka and got thrown into a wave that lasted for about a week.

Really weird that has never happened before.

I'm so happy for you!!! I knew you'd pull through. You are an inspiration to so many of us. Thanks for taking the time to come back and update us.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the well wishes and talking to me back when I was in the thick of it.

Shamo I experienced something similar. I could drink alcohol for a few weeks and seemed to be fine. And then out of nowhere one time would set me off. I just know now, for me, alcohol is totally playing with fire.