Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Jumping today from .25 Valium. Any insights?

[ph...]

Look at my sig. the 28 years of Xanax, 6 years Ativan with klonopin all from a gp who felt housewives were much better off and better company and mothers if on "non addictive" benzos. If he hadn't have retired (actually just walked out of his practice suddenly) I'd be dead. The last 5 years with refills after refills I didn't even need to see him once. Bless the fax machines. So I was forced into finding a new family doctor. It was a nightmare originally because one rejected me flat out because of the benzos. My new family doctor said ok this is extremely serious and I will cover your benzos (a bit less) until I can get the proper help for you. So she did and my doctor she referred me to clearly knows the danger of these pills and specializes in benzo withdrawals pretty much totally. Do I have thoughts of wanting to see my old doctor suffer unmercifully. Yes! But hanging on to those thoughts is a waste of energy so I'm investing my time with my new wonderful doctors who in 15 months have brought me a very long way forward. I have full trust in them both. I have to or I'd never be where I am now. So I'm lucky. It's been a difficult road and still is but worth every step of the way. Just knowing that I'll complete this journey keeps my hopes alive for a better, happier future. But don't be fooled. There are millions out there still taking full dose because of the serious cost of withdrawal. It's very satisfactory to big pharma as are statins (the number one drug prescribed in North America). And guess what? It's been known scientifically that cholesterol levels are in no way correlated to heart disease. In fact it's exactly the opposite. Read Grain Brain and other similar publications and you'll see. Big pharma promotes the food industry to make us sicker and the food industry promotes incredibly beautiful packaging and advertising to help big pharm. A highly symbiotic relationship indeed! God forbid we actually get healthier or lose our addictions to sugar or benzos or ADs etc. Childhood obesity is as rampant as the addiction to benzos and dependency on ADs in adults. Just my 2 cents.  B

So here's a weird thing: I feel completely fine, minus a nagging headache every once in a while. I've read though, that the symptoms peak at 2 weeks? Anybody have experience with that?

Phil

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Oc...]
    • [Pe...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [ha...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [Ka...]
    • [Jo...]