Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cognitive Ability Recovery - Does it Happen?

[Be...]

I am so much sharper mentally than I have been for many years.  My reaction times to things have speeded up, and my cognitive processes have improved beyond all recognition.  It began when I got low on my taper and has improved since being totally off.

Thanks kes.

It's encouraging to hear this from you. But you only been off benzos since summer. It's too early to judge whether it's an improvement or side effect that caused you to feel this way.

I read that cognitive issues are the last to subside. And you've been on benzos for 17 years!

Anyways, I wish it's an improvement for you, and not just a side effect.

Best luck.

My reaction times and mental functioning have continued to improve in the last month.  I don't think it's a side effect.  I don't have any significant w/d symptoms any longer except for heartburn.  My anxiety is significantly down, too.  I remember thinking, in the summer, I hope I don't get called for jury service (my husband got called the year before), because I could NOT sit there all day.  But I think I could handle it now.