Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is your positive affirmation today?

[Gr...]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Gr...]

• [Ma...]

• [br...]

• [Ce...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hard at work decorating the Christmas Tree / Hanukkah Bush. A bit emotional as I'm finding all the hand made ornaments. It's hard to think ahead to the holidays next year , but I'm holding the thought put out by Macy's, which for us has a greater importance,  than their overly commercial use.

BELIEVE

ladies, today I need an affirmation from you :'( got bad news from blood checks and other problems got bigger the same time.. feeling beaten now and nothing else in my brain than "I. can.no.do.this.any.longer" - (you know what I mean).... so please give me something to hold on in the darkest hours (but without any god-related things, please, if  possible:-)

thank you....

Marigold.

You don't give any details about your blood work or your other medical problems but all I can tell you is to just hang in there and ride out the storm. Eventually the cloud will pass and you will be able to accept whatever cruddy new thing has been thrown at you, but until then take deep breaths, and get through each day a minute at a time. You have had the strength to make it this far, so draw on that strength for your next step.

Your buddies will be with you, and remember the words of Baylissa.

This too shall pass, This too shall pass.

GrandmaD- just found this positive and uplifting thread! thanks so much for starting it! When I am in a really bad way or wave  I repeat positive thoughts over and over in my head and this wonderful group has given me some great  new ones...I particularly like " this too shall pass"""    :smitten:

ladies, today I need an affirmation from you :'( got bad news from blood checks and other problems got bigger the same time.. feeling beaten now and nothing else in my brain than "I. can.no.do.this.any.longer" - (you know what I mean).... so please give me something to hold on in the darkest hours (but without any god-related things, please, if  possible:-)

thank you....

Hi Mari...so sorry you are going through all this that you don't deserve. Please read what WBB shared. I read it...it's really good and will give you some positive vibes....my thoughts are with you always. You are stronger than you know and you will get through this. Trust yourself to do so...

~CeCe    :mybuddy::smitten:

GrandmaD- just found this positive and uplifting thread! thanks so much for starting it! When I am in a really bad way or wave  I repeat positive thoughts over and over in my head and this wonderful group has given me some great  new ones...I particularly like " this too shall pass"""    :smitten:

Your so welcome OTRM.  :hug:

[7f...]
Dare to take risks! The safe and comfortable can be a huge obstacle in your personal development, both your mental and your spiritual. Dare to take the step into the unknown

It's taking awhile, but other than the tinnitus...I can feel my sxs gradually improving. Be patient and allow yourself time to heal...it WILL come! Our bodies are miraculous in all that they can do, it's pretty amazing. 6 months ago I wanted to die...today I'm looking forward to living once again as a whole person. This forum has been a Godsend. Remarkable people on here. It has been a joy to watch them heal and get better with time. 

The following 'Serenity' prayer is used by A.A.

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

The courage to change the things I can.

And the wisdom to know the difference.

I think that for us in recovery, the most significant line is line two.

'The courage to change the things we can'.

To that line we could add the words.' Because change is hard and courage we will need in abundance '.

The following 'Serenity' prayer is used by A.A.

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

The courage to change the things I can.

And the wisdom to know the difference.

I think that for us in recovery, the most significant line is line two.

'The courage to change the things we can'.

To that line we could add the words.' Because change is hard and courage we will need in abundance '.

I like that Rabbit. We sure do need courage in abundance!  :thumbsup:

Dare to take risks! The safe and comfortable can be a huge obstacle in your personal development, both your mental and your spiritual. Dare to take the step into the unknown

I think I take this one. I have to. Not that my life has been safe and comfortable this far, but seeking for being safe is exhausting me too.

thanks to all for your posts, really appreciate it!

I used this somewhere else. It is a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.

'You must do the thing you think you cannot do'.

And there we have it. Benzo recovery in a nutshell. Eleanor was a fighter, and we can be too.

I used this somewhere else. It is a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.

'You must do the thing you think you cannot do'.

And there we have it. Benzo recovery in a nutshell. Eleanor was a fighter, and we can be too.

Amen!

today I was struck by how much during this benzo struggle  we need to hold onto hope- and specifically the hope that we will be ultimately healed-  so I found these words of hope:"Hope begins in the dark,the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work. You don't give up. " Anne LaMott

today I was struck by how much during this benzo struggle  we need to hold onto hope- and specifically the hope that we will be ultimately healed-  so I found these words of hope:"Hope begins in the dark,the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work. You don't give up. " Anne LaMott

That is good, I like it!

I was moved by a beautiful sunset today.

I found a little note by my sink yesterday folded up and made to look like a present. Inside it said "I love you so much and I know you will get better because I love you." -from my 8 yo daughter.

I did a really good job at work today.

This thread is great!