Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is your positive affirmation today?

[Gr...]

I was thinking that it would be good for us to list positive things about ourselves or something we have done or accomplished recently or even this day. It's good for us to focus on the positive things in our lives instead of the bad. So I'll start things off...

Yesterday I talked to an old friend and told her that I loved her.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Gr...]

• [Ma...]

• [br...]

• [Ce...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I could not remember what freida8 said in a thread but it got me to thinking about starting a thread like this.

Today I found it and this is what she said...

Instead of thinking about how you 'feel', think about what you 'know'.  Personally, among my intrusive thoughts, I primarily felt fear, guilt, anger, and hate, and I had to tell myself to stop thinking about how horrible I felt and had to tell myself to think about what I know:  I know am safe; I know I am healing; I know I am loved; I know I am strong; I know I am good; I know I am loving.

Anyone?

Hi GD - great idea -- I spoke to a friend on the phone today and said I loved her, too.  WBB

I wonder why we don't tell people as often as we could that we love them? That was wonderful that you told your friend that you loved her today. I bet it felt good and it made her feel good too.  :thumbsup:

[ed...]
Keep the sun in front of you, always. So will the shadows always be behind you. I am the sun..The taper of diazepam is my shadows. I am in charge...Stronger...I feel life coming back to me, even though my w/d drives me nuts. I am not scared of the sxs anymore. I know what it is and a cope with them to be kind to myself and use meditation and will start with yoga. You can do it.. When the fear and terror will let go u will feel so much better even with w/d sxs...i promise

Keep the sun in front of you, always. So will the shadows always be behind you. I am the sun..The taper of diazepam is my shadows. I am in charge...Stronger...I feel life coming back to me, even though my w/d drives me nuts. I am not scared of the sxs anymore. I know what it is and a cope with them to be kind to myself and use meditation and will start with yoga. You can do it.. When the fear and terror will let go u will feel so much better even with w/d sxs...i promise

Thank you for that Sundance. I wish I didn't fear my symptoms - I try not to and read a lot here, but it seems that just when I think I won't fear them like before a bad wave hits and there I go.  But I am getting better at it.  :thumbsup:

wonderful topic.

Some months ago, I had this worse insomnia. And while laying awake these thoughts of fear were going round and round in my mind. So I decided not to think about what does not go or work and instead I make a picture of my mind of a future myself how I look, how I work and so on,when I am finally healed. It works very well and now it is even fun to dream and imagine how I might look and behave... - its the same when we imagine how bad we can end up - but the positive way makes me very happy and helps...

Thats a little bit like what you wrote about telling ourselves what we know. Wonderful.

So.. my positive affirmation today.. today I wrote an answer to a man here on bb who is going to have his first child and while giving him hope I ended up having hope into future myself. Because I believed that he will be able to take his fear aside and enjoy being a father... I saw that child as a sign for a better future for him and his wife and as a chance to let the wd-times go and start into something wonderful. He was afraid that his fears will make things bad and was insecure and I was totally sure that all will be good in the end.. don't know why. But I feel better now, too..

Thanks for this post. My positive affirmation is that I made it to work today. I rode my bike to work and had a good time. I rode past a mother and her child who were jumping in puddles. I made it a point to ride through a small puddle and I could hear them behind me laughing at the splash I made. It felt good to give them a little thrill.

Thanks for this post. My positive affirmation is that I made it to work today. I rode my bike to work and had a good time. I rode past a mother and her child who were jumping in puddles. I made it a point to ride through a small puddle and I could hear them behind me laughing at the splash I made. It felt good to give them a little thrill.

oh thats a nice picture that you put into my mind:-) well done!!

today I took a day of holiday or "break" - my pain was devastating so I decided not to focus on it but on everything that I know that will help me. So I am sitting here on the sofa, its cold and dark outside, candles are burning, cup of tea, writing here, my neighbors are not around so its not that noisy as it used to be and something inside me is saying" oh...yes!!!"  :smitten:

wonderful topic.

Some months ago, I had this worse insomnia. And while laying awake these thoughts of fear were going round and round in my mind. So I decided not to think about what does not go or work and instead I make a picture of my mind of a future myself how I look, how I work and so on,when I am finally healed. It works very well and now it is even fun to dream and imagine how I might look and behave... - its the same when we imagine how bad we can end up - but the positive way makes me very happy and helps...

Thats a little bit like what you wrote about telling ourselves what we know. Wonderful.

So.. my positive affirmation today.. today I wrote an answer to a man here on bb who is going to have his first child and while giving him hope I ended up having hope into future myself. Because I believed that he will be able to take his fear aside and enjoy being a father... I saw that child as a sign for a better future for him and his wife and as a chance to let the wd-times go and start into something wonderful. He was afraid that his fears will make things bad and was insecure and I was totally sure that all will be good in the end.. don't know why. But I feel better now, too..

How kind of you to encourage him Marigold.  :smitten:

today I took a day of holiday or "break" - my pain was devastating so I decided not to focus on it but on everything that I know that will help me. So I am sitting here on the sofa, its cold and dark outside, candles are burning, cup of tea, writing here, my neighbors are not around so its not that noisy as it used to be and something inside me is saying" oh...yes!!!"  :smitten:

That sounds like a little bit of heaven.  :)

I keep telling everyone that I love them,  I hug my dog over and over..Yesterday I had hot chocolate for the first time in two years..and it was really good  :)

That sounds like a little bit of heaven.  :)

Yes. I really could create 20 minutes full of peace I think. After that the pain could no longer be ignored, but accepted. But 20 minutes was enough to give me a silent night after that evening, after 2 nights full of nightmares. so yes.  :smitten:

I keep telling everyone that I love them,  I hug my dog over and over..Yesterday I had hot chocolate for the first time in two years..and it was really good  :)

oh, what is hot chocolate?? You mean chocolate to drink or as a fondue? just curious..mjammmmmmm ::)

Oh boy, hot chocolate - I haven't been able to tolerate that in SO long and used to have it every morning. I can't wait! http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/PioneerSpirit/Eat%20-%20Drink/CocoaHotSmallClear.gif  ;D ;D

oh, what is hot chocolate?? You mean chocolate to drink or as a fondue? just curious..mjammmmmmm ::)

When I used to make mine I'd warm up some milk with cream in it, pour it into a mason jar and add some stevia & a heaping spoonful of cocoa -- all organic ingredients. Then I'd put a stick blender in the jar and blend/whip it up. Made some delicious foam on top! http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/PioneerSpirit/Eat%20-%20Drink/CoffeewBlueSmiley.gif

When I used to make mine I'd warm up some milk with cream in it, pour it into a mason jar and add some stevia & a heaping spoonful of cocoa -- all organic ingredients. Then I'd put a stick blender in the jar and blend/whip it up. Made some delicious foam on top! http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/PioneerSpirit/Eat%20-%20Drink/CoffeewBlueSmiley.gif

oooooh!! That sounds delicious. I will try to get the things to make it tomorrow.. love it..

Just found your thread D. What a wonderful idea.

The following comes from Baylissa Fredericks. You can find her online at 'Recovery Road'

Every day in every way I'm getting better and better.

This too shall pass.

When you are having a wave say. I'm grateful for my healing.

oooooh!! That sounds delicious. I will try to get the things to make it tomorrow.. love it..

Let us know how you like it!  :thumbsup:

Just found your thread D. What a wonderful idea.

The following comes from Baylissa Fredericks. You can find her online at 'Recovery Road'

Every day in every way I'm getting better and better.

This too shall pass.

When you are having a wave say. I'm grateful for my healing.

Oh boy, I like those! Thanks Rabbit!

oh that sounds amazing !!  I love this thread !  :smitten:

For us ladies of a certain age, remember Helen Reddy,s ' I am woman hear me roar, in numbers too strong to ignore. I am strong, I am invincible, I am Woman'. Wonderful song, and a shout out to Helen.