Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Thanksgiving Distraction Thread

[wa...]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [wa...]

• [Gr...]

• [br...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I can Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce, chilled

Can opener

Knife

Cut glass plate

1.    Using can opener, open cranberry sauce can on both ends

2.      Slide cranberry sauce out gently so it remains intact

3.      Using the can ring impressions as guide marks, slice the cranberry sauce using the knife

4.      Arrange slices decoratively on glass plate

5.      Serve

6.      Enjoy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Grandma D!

I'm doing pretty good. 90% there on my good days and I mostly have good days. A little sensitive here and there but nothing I can't handle. I am grateful!  How are you?

:smitten:

She

Hi Grandma D!

I'm doing pretty good. 90% there on my good days and I mostly have good days. A little sensitive here and there but nothing I can't handle. I am grateful!  How are you?

She

That is GREAT news She - I'm thrilled for you!! And it encourages me too. I jumped June 2nd and still have most of the symptoms, but I can tell they are slowly getting better - some days more than others. It's really hit home with me that this is definitely a marathon and not a sprint. But we ARE healing!

Hi Grandma D!

She

That is GREAT news She - I'm thrilled for you!! And it encourages me too. I jumped June 2nd and still have most of the symptoms, but I can tell they are slowly getting better - some days more than others. It's really hit home with me that this is definitely a marathon and not a sprint. But we ARE healing!

Happy that you are making progress Grandma D. You have such a great attitude. YES we can!

She

After using many different brands of canned pumpkin for pie making - organic, spice, unspiced etc. - , I've decided Libby's is the best. - I had a tablespoon of sour cream  and more nutmeg - just me -  I don't make the shells anymore -- I'll post the kind I use sometime.  Not even Halloween.  Hey -- why aren't y'all posting on the Halloween thread? 

After using many different brands of canned pumpkin for pie making - organic, spice, unspiced etc. - , I've decided Libby's is the best. - I had a tablespoon of sour cream  and more nutmeg - just me -  I don't make the shells anymore -- I'll post the kind I use sometime.  Not even Halloween.  Hey -- why aren't y'all posting on the Halloween thread?

I don't post on Halloween because I live in a gated community and they don't let trick or treaters in. I don't want to be a bummer on the site. If they could only let the kids in, they would clean up with candy. My friend downstairs has lived her for 27 years. She said in all of those years, she never got even one. They should give the guard the night off, as I love looking at the costumes and handing our candy while I am eating it at the same time.

I don't post on Halloween because I live in a gated community and they don't let trick or treaters in. I don't want to be a bummer on the site. If they could only let the kids in, they would clean up with candy. My friend downstairs has lived her for 27 years. She said in all of those years, she never got even one. They should give the guard the night off, as I love looking at the costumes and handing our candy while I am eating it at the same time.

We live in a gated community also and I've missed having kids come to the door for candy. But our community has a community center where on Halloween candy can be brought for the kids to go around to the tables in kind of a trick-or-treating fashion. And there are activities for the kids to do to get candy etc. It's fun and much easier than walking the long driveways to the homes here.

We have a clubhouse here but I've never seen anybody use it. I was talking to several neighbors and no kids come around here. I wish they did as it would be clean up time for them. Yours sounds like a good plan.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm going out with 8 friends to an expensive all you can eat buffet. I will be fasting the day prior. And somebody is paying for me, which makes this doubly nice.