Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Thanksgiving Distraction Thread

[wa...]

In-Laws (sigh)

Is it just me or was this sadly posted twice? I used to not like this very much either!... :P

Why can’t you take a turkey to church?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [wa...]

• [Gr...]

• [br...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know that there are Kosher turkeys?

I wonder about frying a turkey. I have seen the special electric fryers, but thinking about boiling hot oil is pretty scary.

My daughter got one of the big electric roasters and it does a good job and saves on oven room.

Who has the record for cooking the largest turkey. My sister who had access to a bakery oven, cooked a thirty pounder.

I wonder about frying a turkey. I have seen the special electric fryers, but thinking about boiling hot oil is pretty scary.

My daughter got one of the big electric roasters and it does a good job and saves on oven room.

Who has the record for cooking the largest turkey. My sister who had access to a bakery oven, cooked a thirty pounder.

Whoa! I can't compete with that! Largest was a 24 lb and I don't like making the larger birds..they don't seem to taste the same and are a little tougher. I've always had better luck with the 12-13 lb ones.

I'll run this by you all again:

If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?

Anyone know??.. ;D

Whoa! I can't compete with that! Largest was a 24 lb and I don't like making the larger birds..they don't seem to taste the same and are a little tougher. I've always had better luck with the 12-13 lb ones.

I'll run this by you all again:

If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?

Anyone know??.. ;D

I give, what do May Flowers bring? I'm waiting with bated breath!

I have heard that a turkey fried like that is really good. But it does sound quite dangerous to get that done.

They bring Pilgrims!

Yes!! Common sense!  You win the prize, WBB.... :clap:

An all expense pretend vacation to fabulous.....ROME ITALY!!!

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t679/ORIION13/vatican-city-at-night_zps3efa86a9.jpg

Be sure to mail us a post card!  Bring a friend (I'm pretty much free.. ;D)

Wow - if I could get some sleep - I would love to travel.

How To Cook A Turkey:

Step 1: Go buy a turkey

Step 2: Take a drink of whiskey

Step 3: Put turkey in the oven

Step 4: Take another 2 drinks of whiskey

Step 5: Set the degree at 375 ovens

Step 6: Take 3 more whiskeys of drink

Step 7: Turk the bastey

Step 8: Whiskey another bottle of get

Step 9: Ponder the meat thermometer

Step 10: Glass yourself a pour of whiskey

Step 11: Bake the whiskey for 4 hours

Step 12: Take the oven out of the turkey

Step 13: Floor the turkey up off of the pick

Step 14: Turk the carvey

Step 15: Get yourself another scottle of botch

Step 16: Tet the sable and pour yourself a glass of turkey

Step 17: Bless the dinner and pass out.... :D :D :D

I once cooked a whole Thanksgiving feast totally drunk on a whole bottle of sherry. I had bought it because I was making my special sherry trifle  for the Dowager Duchess. I must say that dinner turned out well, and the D.D. was bearable because I was still riding high on the sherry fumes. I kept filling up the D.Ds glass with merlot and by the time we got to the trifle she never noticed the lack of sherry.

I once cooked a whole Thanksgiving feast totally drunk on a whole bottle of sherry. I had bought it because I was making my special sherry trifle  for the Dowager Duchess. I must say that dinner turned out well, and the D.D. was bearable because I was still riding high on the sherry fumes. I kept filling up the D.Ds glass with merlot and by the time we got to the trifle she never noticed the lack of sherry.

Hah - D.D. - which Dowager?  Did I miss something?

I think many Thanksgivings happen while the hostess is in a blackout.  Why else would "inlaws" keep showing up on this thread -- I think in the pejorative, too.  WBB

The Dowager Duchess was my Ma-in-Law. I was the 'Brood Mare', married to her son. In her eyes, my use in her life was to give her grand children, and also to be an unpaid lady-in-waiting. I must say that I did my job quite well. Depressing, as on her deathbed she took my hand and said that she was sorry that she had never been very nice to me.

Ha - thought you were "Brave Rabbit" but your were a "Brood Mare"  - 

In my benzo brain - I am sorry that most of my references are of pop culture and not more thoughtful or intelligent.  Once I learn how to post pics, I will be more useful.  Too bad for all concerned that your DD had a revelation but not until on her death bed. 

I imaging her looking like this:

http://television.mxdwn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/downton-abbey-season-6-dowager-countess-maggie-smith.jpg

Yes , that was exactly the look. My aunt/mother had it too. It was a shame about the D.Ds final words. All I could think was, what a bloody waste. Of course I did the right thing and comforted her. I also as a final gesture made sure that the funeral was all she would have wanted.

Pumpkin Soup.

Martha Stewart serves this in hollowed out pumpkin 'bowls'. L.O.L.

OK - on a more serious note, I think appropriate here, to give thanks for those who loved us and are gone. 

I had many Thanksgivings with my in-laws who loved me because I loved their son.  They loved me more than my own parents.  Sadly, within a year of one another they died from Alzheimer's.  Yes both!  And the last few Thanksgivings were sad and troubling for us.  Let me just say, it must be a Mediterranean thing - there was always so much food and some of it seafood!.  I miss them and I know these holidays are rough for many -- on or off benzos.  Love to all ya  WBB

OK - on a more serious note, I think appropriate here, to give thanks for those who loved us and are gone. 

I had many Thanksgivings with my in-laws who loved me because I loved their son.  They loved me more than my own parents.  Sadly, within a year of one another they died from Alzheimer's.  Yes both!  And the last few Thanksgivings were sad and troubling for us.  Let me just say, it must be a Mediterranean thing - there was always so much food and some of it seafood!.  I miss them and I know these holidays are rough for many -- on or off benzos.  Love to all ya  WBB

I loved my in-laws and enjoyed many holidays with them. Then once my FIL died my MIL acted like I was the plague. That soured all my memories of them and since then holidays haven't been the same. Gosh, I better get off this idea or I'll start bawling.

Downton Abbey -- hubby and I have all the DVD's and are slowly making our way through -- we LOVE that show!!!  Anyone else watch it?

One of the things I love about living in America is that I no longer am expected to do the Brit. Stiff Upper Lip thing. The Downton Abbey set had their day, and have moved on to that great Manor house in the sky. My generation is the last to have been reared by them. My adult children have no idea what 'Noblesse Oblige' means, the hooligans.

Karuna, I will fix my kumquat, cranberry relish.