Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Thanksgiving Distraction Thread

[wa...]

True Confessions.

Growing up in the U.K. I had the Hots for Leo Genn.  Going to his movies was part of my early sexual development. Was he in the classic 'High and Mighty' ?. Later, living in California I married a film editor. At the time of our marriage he was working at M.G.M. and I got to eat in the M.G.M. dining room with him. I saw many famous stars there but never Leo. So disappointing.

Sage and Onion Dressing. A favourite with the Dowager Duchess.

You life sure sounds interesting BR! You need a blog!  :thumbsup:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [wa...]

• [Gr...]

• [br...]

Top Posters In This Topic

True Confessions.

Growing up in the U.K. I had the Hots for Leo Genn.  Going to his movies was part of my early sexual development. Was he in the classic 'High and Mighty' ?. Later, living in California I married a film editor. At the time of our marriage he was working at M.G.M. and I got to eat in the M.G.M. dining room with him. I saw many famous stars there but never Leo. So disappointing.

How exciting is that?? Wow! The closest I ever got to anyone famous is one time at the grocery store I managed....waaay back when...Chuck Connors (The Rifleman) pulled up in a limo for a pack of smokes. His chauffeur came in for them, of course, so I got to see him through the window of the car. I thought THAT was exciting...the store I worked at was on the way to the airport, I guess it was convenient for him??

Rita Rudner: My mother is such a lousy cook that Thanksgiving at her house is a time of sorrow.

Guess a lot of people have these kinds of relatives...ha!.... :D :D :D

I love the Rifleman series. That was way cool CeCe.

True Confessions.

You life sure sounds interesting BR! You need a blog!  :thumbsup:

I second that!! Pleeeeeaaaaasssssse??.. :clap:

- I LOVED Chuck Connor's.  A friend of mine gave him a ride to a movie set once and said he was really nice.  wBB

He was awesome -- the werewolf scene happens on a ship -- hence the Mayflower connection - Hah  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntu9hkUPkTI

Good share WBB! Funny... :laugh: He had that unique jaw and mouth, I remember when I went outside to get a closer look at him (trying to be sneaky) he looked up at me and smiled a very gentle smile. I got the impression he was a kind man. So ironic...he died at age 71 of lung cancer and he had stopped at my store for the killer cigarettes (not thee killer cigs, but it was probably cigs that did him in or at least didn't help)...so sad... :'(

I'm not very tecchy but I will think about a blog.

I was thinking about movie people and thought I would share with you my two favourites.

Tony Randall.

A lovely, generous man. I remember a party where he told me how pretty I was looking. It meant the world to me as I was very preggy, and felt fat and not pretty at all.

James Garner.

Looks to die for, charming and caring. He was part Indian and had a company called 'Cherokee Productions'. My husband in addition to his studio paycheck got an extra paycheck through his company. We put our kids through college with his help, bless him.

Mushroom Gravy.

BR - how interesting.  I remember seeing Tony Randall marching through the lobby of Lincoln Center during an opera intermission.  Remember what an opera buff he was?

I remember an interview of James Garner -- in the 80s?  where he talked about his upbringing.  SO painful.  He was really a special actor to get so far with that background. 

I was thinking about movie people and thought I would share with you my two favourites.

Tony Randall.

A lovely, generous man. I remember a party where he told me how pretty I was looking. It meant the world to me as I was very preggy, and felt fat and not pretty at all.

James Garner.

Looks to die for, charming and caring. He was part Indian and had a company called 'Cherokee Productions'. My husband in addition to his studio paycheck got an extra paycheck through his company. We put our kids through college with his help, bless him.

Mushroom Gravy.

Brave... yes, please do a blog!  SO many people would come by for coffee!!!

I love James Garner - he was such a nice man on screen. We watched a movie recently with him and Sally Field (I love her too and remember Giget well. Not sure of my spelling.)  My hubby looked up James Garner online and we learned he had died a few years ago.  How sad.

Tony Randall.

James Garner.

Mushroom Gravy.

I love James Garner - he was such a nice man on screen. We watched a movie recently with him and Sally Field (I love her too and remember Giget well. Not sure of my spelling.)  My hubby looked up James Garner online and we learned he had died a few years ago.  How sad.

I'd come for coffee!! I'd love to see your magical kitchen, Rabbit...please do start a blog...it'd be interesting!

Thanksgiving Poem: 

The year has turned its circle,

The seasons come and go.

The harvest all is gathered in

And chilly north winds blow.

Orchards have shared their treasures,

The fields, their yellow grain,

So open wide the doorway,

Thanksgiving comes again.

[Author: *Unknown]

Tony Randall.

James Garner.

Mushroom Gravy.

I'd come for coffee!! I'd love to see your magical kitchen, Rabbit...please do start a blog...it'd be interesting!

Thanksgiving Poem: 

The year has turned its circle,

The seasons come and go.

The harvest all is gathered in

And chilly north winds blow.

Orchards have shared their treasures,

The fields, their yellow grain,

So open wide the doorway,

Thanksgiving comes again.

[Author: *Unknown]

I love that poem. It's beautiful.

Can someone tell me how to paste pics into posts?  I love that candle.

If you quote my post with the candle in it you can then copy that candle text. It's from my Photobucket account. It would be good if you had a Photobucket account and then whatever pictures, graphics or whatever you put there you could then place in the Forum anywhere you choose.

Maybe someone else has a better idea or can explain this better than I have.

Benzo brain over and out.  :idiot:

well - i tried to create a photobucket account but it would not make a password - i think things are crashing online over this election

I dug up my root veggies today!  Beets, radishes, carrots and a parsnip.  I'll make something with whats still in garden for Thanksgiving. 

well - i tried to create a photobucket account but it would not make a password - i think things are crashing online over this election

I dug up my root veggies today!  Beets, radishes, carrots and a parsnip.  I'll make something with whats still in garden for Thanksgiving.

How fun to be making something from your garden for Thanksgiving! We finished our cherry tomatoes from our garden a few days ago and they were just absolutely delicious. I love it when we eat vegetables from our garden.

I never understood the "pardoning" of the turkey at the White House and then they turn around and have turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.  What don't I understand? 

Love mashed parsnips and carrots.

I have kumquats almost ripe and ready to pick. A great crop this year I can use them in a home cooked cranberry sauce and make kumquat marmalade.

I love to pop the little suckers into my mouth, right off the tree. Whole, with skin and all. Tart and yummy.

I have kumquats almost ripe and ready to pick. A great crop this year I can use them in a home cooked cranberry sauce and make kumquat marmalade.

I love to pop the little suckers into my mouth, right off the tree. Whole, with skin and all. Tart and yummy.

YES - I love combining parsnips with carrots mashed with sea salt, ground pepper and, of course, butter. 

I live in northeast US so I don't know if I'd have success with kumquats - but you made me think of this: 

YES - I love combining parsnips with carrots mashed with sea salt, ground pepper and, of course, butter. 

I live in northeast US so I don't know if I'd have success with kumquats - but you made me think of this: 

hahahahahahaha!!! I remember this! So funny. HOW ABOUT MY KUMQUATS!?!.... :2funny: