Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Movies about Nervous Breakdowns

[br...]

Requiem for a Dream

I read the book not too long ago, it was v. depressing but I couldn't put it down.  :'(

I did too! Many years ago. You're right, it was very depressing...I did buy the movie, though but it wasn't as good as the book (never is)... :P

Prozac Nation

PROZAC NATION, definitely. I love that movie.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [Sh...]

• [br...]

• [si...]

'INTERIORS' by Woody Allen. I think this movie is the epitome of a crushed woman having a nervous breakdown after her husband leaves her, she tries to commit suicide and says and does the strangest things. She puts all her kids in the middle of the divorce (her 3 daughters, who are all diff and all react differently to the divorce in a certain way) but the girls are all depressed and show it in diff ways. When the husband brings her a cake for her bday, she asks him if hes coming back home, he says no. She tapes all the windows with this type of tape (idk what kind) and puts the stove on. The ambulance comes to get her and she is saved. She then attends her ex husbands wedding at THEIR beach house they shared for years. Because he left her for another woman. She walks in and sees all the wedding party stuff not picked up. One of her daughters talks to her and says she hates her for being depressed and she wants her to get better. She shows no emotion. She ends up walking into the ocean numbingly at the end and commits suicide. Her daughter who told her she hated her for being depressed is running after her and almost drowns herself trying to save her mother. Her husband comes in the ocean after her to save her and get her out. Ugh. Probably the most tragic movie i've ever watched, but a masterpiece. I'm weird. I like sad movies. I've prob watched this movie a trillion times trying to analyze the behaviors, etc.

I love that movie.

'Suddenly Last Summer'

Katharine Hepburn as a really weird obsessed mum.

Elizabeth Taylor. Gorgeous, sane, and  battling K.H. to keep her sanity.