Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What's your profession (what do or did you do for a living?)

[...]

I am a residential house manager and work with special needs people.  They do have fits and smash their head against walls sometimes, etc, but with training, I've learned how to calm them down. They are such beautiful people and my job is truly so rewarding. I come home happy every day.  :smitten:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Rr...]

• [Be...]

• [ga...]

• 2 weeks later...
I was an administrative secretary until I quit working to have our son then I volunteered at his schools until High School. Since then I've volunteered at our local church and am a wife, mother and grandmother.  :)

Administrative secretary for many years.  Currently a personal care attendant...actually need this service myself because I'm not doing an adequate job to my clients due to post withdrawal sxs. 

I have an Associates degree as a Medical Laboratory Technician, then attended another college as an English major.  I've worked as a Lab Tech in various industries--environmental, construction materials, and at a plasma donation center.  I ran my own lab as a Construction Materials Technician at my last job.  I also worked as a Medical Data Abstractor for a few years and learned alot about heart attack and stroke issues.  I also used to deliver newspapers for many years to stores and newsracks while I was in college and do data entry jobs--it paid the bills.  Had a seizure at work on the job in 2012 and haven't been able to work since.  Something happened to my brain that day--some damage.  Now I'm collecting social security disability.  So sad.  I'm only 55 years old.   

I was a court reporter and would like to go back to it when I can. It's been my one and only job. I loved it, but I don't think I could handle the stress right now. After I had my first child I went to part time and never worked full time again.

Journalist/reporter covering Hollywood Studios.

I bet you have interesting stories Benzogirl!  :o

I have an old P-log and who know where the page is....but if you find it (it's called benzogirl to Betsy) there is some funny stories there.

Betsy ❤️

Journalist/reporter covering Hollywood Studios.

I bet you have interesting stories Benzogirl!  :o

I have an old P-log and who know where the page is....but if you find it (it's called benzogirl to Betsy) there is some funny stories there.

Betsy ❤️

I read some of your stories a while ago and they were quite entertaining.  I'm sorry I was ever an English major in college.  Now I can't stop editing my posts all the time when I see typos or don't like how I've written something.  Everything I write on this forum is a very rough draft.

I'm studying Energy Medicine for animals..... acupressure, Emotion Code, and Body Code.  ;D  So excited...

What a great 👍🏿 profession that will be. I'm all for helping animals and sick to death of vets giving dogs Prozac just because they can get hyper.  Great choice spring. :thumbsup:

I'm studying Energy Medicine for animals..... acupressure, Emotion Code, and Body Code.  ;D  So excited...

What a great 👍🏿 profession that will be. I'm all for helping animals and sick to death of vets giving dogs Prozac just because they can get hyper.  Great choice spring. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when my vet wanted to put my dog on Prozac because he's afraid of thunder. That's so crazy.

I read a story about a woman whose dog kept dashing out of her house and the only way she could get him back was to chase him shaking his bottle of Prozac. Once he heard his pills he would come back. That's pretty sad.  Not only are they doing this to us but now to animals.

:) thanks

That's very sad indeed when dogs are subjected as as mice experiments. I show dogs as a psssion and those vets who also show dogs give it out like candy so the dog won't be nervous in the show ring. If they are and don't like to show them then LEAVE THEM AT HOME!!!!

[0d...]
Nurse, but has to change job after my taper. I am to sick to work. I can't work at hospice or with very sick people again.  I got  a really bad PTSD after a motor bike accident. I was near death and had got very horrible anxiety of death and dying after that. I don't know what I will do... :o

sundance, I worked as a Medical Data Abstractor which is a "desk" job.  Retreived information from medical records for use in research, drug efficacy feedback to drug companies, etc.  There were alot of nurses there I worked with.  Maybe you can look into something like that? 

[0d...]

sundance, I worked as a Medical Data Abstractor which is a "desk" job.  Retreived information from medical records for use in research, drug efficacy feedback to drug companies, etc.  There were alot of nurses there I worked with.  Maybe you can look into something like that?

Thnx 😁

• 10 months later...

Was a Senior Sales Executive for a large electronics company. Been 2.5 years since I've worked... I'm only 43. I don't know what I'll do...