Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Down Syndrome, Ativan, Side Effects, Withdrawal Nightmare

[La...]

Thank you for your support.  I am terrified.  Here's more of my post from the lyme forum.  We just want to continue with the withdrawal process, but they are trying to force a cold turkey  withdrawal--PLEASE HELP--if anyone can email me it's akasper4@optonline.net  (I hope that's not against the rules, I'm sorry, it's just that I'm panicked and all alone)

I think our only hope is this special needs/DDD evaluation--we have to make our case that there is NO DOUBT this is from the drug. Ugh!! I'm so freaking outraged!!

Also, we let my sister bring her CD player w/headphones, which she wears to cover up the ears, but they wouldn't let her have it b/c it's a "danger" (she wears them all the time here and has NEVER tried to choke herself) . We had to race home get a battery operated radio/CD player w/out headphones. They had NO COMPASSION for the fact that she had noise in her ears.

Our biggest mistake was to describe her has "suicidally depressed" --we only meant this in that she's severely depressed and sometimes says she wants to die. They refused to listen to me, a Clinical psychologist, when I repeatedly said that she's like other severely depressed people who sometimes say they want to die, but make no attempt or plan. She's never attempted to hurt herself.

OMG, I'm so terrified. Some on this forum warned, that we will lose control and it's happening. They are NOT LISTENING to us.

I even made sure to mention that the LLMD (psychiatrist didn't know what that was) told us not to go to the hospital (initially, until she bailed when we had problems with Ativan she never warned us about) b/c they would just assume her symptoms meant she was crazy, instead of that she has Lyme--and I could see that ***** was trying to imply that when he referred to her tinnitus as "auditory hallucinations" Then he was grilling us for when her last psychiatric evaluation was. OMG, these *****s are so arrogant. It was the doctors and these drugs that got us into this nightmare in the first place

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [He...]
    • [Mh...]
    • [je...]
    • [An...]
    • [...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [ro...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Cu...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [je...]