Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tips to make life easier

[4G...]

I thought that the Buddies might have some tips for making life easier, in whatever part of life. This is mine.

If I feel well enough to make mashed potato then I peel and cook double the amount I need. I then freeze half

of it to use on a bad day.

Okay. Well folks will join in or not but there you go. Gilly x

My tip for making life easier is not to worry about what you can't do!!!

I have to do housework in 10 minute slots.  I have no goals, I just do what I can, when I can and if I can't do it, I try not to worry about it. 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fiona  :smitten:

When I get up in the morning, I try to set small goals for myself for the day ahead. The effort of the goals depends on how I feel, but I do push a little bit. It is amazing what gets done this way.

I also have an evening routine. Telly off at 10pm Colour for half an hour and read for an hour.

No heated discussions with my husband at bed time. No phone calls or e-mails or computer time at bed time.

Hi

I learned to turn on the radio to talk show (not angry, though)  immediately first thing in the AM.  Music makes me go into my own thoughts which i DON't want to do but talk radio takes my mind off of how bad I feel.  AMs are really bad.  WBB

Thanks everyone. I hope this is a helpful thread for people. Here's another idea. If having a salad and the thought of putting it all together is too much then get a family member (or you if you are having a good day but are thinking ahead) to get a pre-made salad, the sort that people buy to eat at the office. Then just pull back the film and eat it, knowing that you are having something healthy. No washing up either. Gx

I think that we do better if we can keep the world around us a little calmer.

First of all, plan, plan,plan

If I have to go to the market I try to go when it is not as busy

I use the answer feature on my phone to filter phone calls.

I put priorities on health and dental care appts. Do I really need my teeth cleaned every six months ? when my nerves scream for days afterwards.

If it gets really bad I snuggle into bed and tell people that my weird ' auto-immune disease ', is acting up again.

If you're not up to a full body shower....take an old-fashioned "sponge" bath. My mother is 82 and can't stand in the shower or get in and out of the tub, she gave me this idea.  It's quick and not such a 'chore'.  :)

I know what you mean CeCe. Sometimes even the thought of having a shower is too much. And sponges froth up a lot so you could treat yourself to a more expensive shower gel for the sponge, knowing that you don't need to use as much.  :thumbsup:

I know what you mean CeCe. Sometimes even the thought of having a shower is too much. And sponges froth up a lot so you could treat yourself to a more expensive shower gel for the sponge, knowing that you don't need to use as much.  :thumbsup:

So true, Gilly!  Great idea. These sponges save us tons on soap and body washes.  :smitten:

He's not conventionally attractive though is he? I'm not into him but it keeps Sol happy so that's good....

I'm jumping in cause I like this actor.  His voice is the most impressive thing.  WBB

Sexy in any language

I obviously also distract myself with youtube -- I actually thought how different my life would be if I didn't have to spend so much time distracting myself from  how I feel.  WB

He's not conventionally attractive though is he? I'm not into him but it keeps Sol happy so that's good....

I'm jumping in cause I like this actor.  His voice is the most impressive thing.  WBB

Yes definitely the voice. And he just grows on you after a while.

Hair styling ...

First day shampoo&condition...this day requires the most efforts.  Do a reallygreat blow out and done.

Day 2- fluff hair with styling product and done..

Day 3- time to flat iron or curl a bit and done...

Day 4- ponytail time!!!

Day 5- one more ponytail...

Day 6- time to shampoo again...

I've found this to be the least difficult for my hair do routine...I'm working full time so I absolutely must be presentable...If I've had any troubling night sweats during the week then all bets are off and I then simply would shampoo accordingly. Ughhhh its exhausting just writing about my work preparations....

😔😔😔

Hair styling ...

First day shampoo&condition...this day requires the most efforts.  Do a reallygreat blow out and done.

Day 2- fluff hair with styling product and done..

Day 3- time to flat iron or curl a bit and done...

Day 4- ponytail time!!!

Day 5- one more ponytail...

Day 6- time to shampoo again...

I've found this to be the least difficult for my hair do routine...I'm working full time so I absolutely must be presentable...If I've had any troubling night sweats during the week then all bets are off and I then simply would shampoo accordingly. Ughhhh its exhausting just writing about my work preparations....

😔😔😔

This is good! Thanks for the tips H&F!! 

Bed linen. I take off my duvet cover (which is one that doesn't need ironing) and pillow cases and wash them. Then instead of putting a different set on, I wait for them to dry. If they are still damp that night, I sleep with my fleece. The duvet and pillow cases are always dry the day after that. Easier if you have a tumble dryer but I don't. I am a peasant!