Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hurricane Matthew - I'm in the Path

[Sh...]

Please fellow BBs, remember everyone that will be affected by this storm.  It is a monster and has just shifted closer and looks like it might indeed make landfall.  It is a Category 4 so far and the strongest since 1851.  There are mandatory evacuations for the coastal areas and those a bit more inland are bracing for a major event.

Don't want to bring anyone down with such a negative topic.  Just keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

XX

She

You are in my thoughts, She. You are a very precious person on here. I wish I was religious but I know you are sensible and will do as advised. Love and Hugs. Gilly xxx

Once we endured 85mph winds on Hatteras, NC and was so flipped out.  Can't imagine what may come to Fla.  i am so sorry for everyone in w/d that has to deal with this.  My thoughts are with you.  Be safe and calm as best you can. WBB

Thank you Gilly Girl.  This situation is anxiety provoking enough all by itself and in benzo withdrawal, its doubly challenging!

XX

She

Once we endured 85mph winds on Hatteras, NC and was so flipped out.  Can't imagine what may come to Fla.  i am so sorry for everyone in w/d that has to deal with this.  My thoughts are with you.  Be safe and calm as best you can. WBB

Thank you for your thoughts WBB.  I too have been in that kind of storm on the NC Outer Banks and believe you me, it wasn't for the faint of heart!

XX

She

I'm about 50 miles inland from the spot they expect it to make landfall. Hoping we don't lose power for too long....I don't do too well without AC when it's above 80  :-\

I'm in Georgia, but I've lived in Florida, Alabama & Mississippi before. I've been through a few. Pretty scary, but you should be ok since you've prepared. We got a weather radio that gets energy by being hand cranked. It also can be used to give a phone enough charge to make a call in an emergency if your power goes out.

Good luck, FloridaGuy. Thinking of you from the UK. The rain is frequent but doesn't usually cause much trouble......Gilly.

Looks like they are expecting 5" or more of rain where I am at. That sounds like a lot but they are expecting 8-12" where my buddy lives over on the coast. Gonna be a wet couple of days!

I hope all of you this effect will be okay, thinking of you all  :hug: Like Kiddo said elapse check in when you can :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I hope you will all be okay and manage to get through this traumatic event. 

We complain about our weather all the time in the UK but we really don't have the extremes that you have in the US.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Are they saying this hurricane is worse than Hurricane Katrina (2005) and Hurricane Sandy (2012)?

Sandy had been downgraded to a Tropical Storm before it came ashore in New Jersey.  Katrina was a Cat 3 storm when it came ashore near New Orleans.  Matthew is to be a Category 4 storm when it comes ashore or sideswipes Florida around Cape Canaveral.  You never know the scope and damage until afterwards.  New Orleans came through Katrina itself okay, but in the aftermath the levees broke and flooded and that is what really caused all the devastation.  All I know at this point that Matthew is being taken very very seriously.

I am in NC but in land so should not be effected, might get some heavy rain. My Father was evacuated from the coast of SC yesterday though.

Thoughts to everyone who may be effected by this storm.

Be safe and don't take any chances.