Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How do we cope with the psychological impact?

[Tr...]

On another thread I posted a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt ' You must do the thing you think you cannot do' I say this to myself every day, to push myself into doing what seems sometimes impossible. I just got back from the grocery store where I actually shopped. All I can say is that it was a good thing that I had a cart to hang on to. My husband drove me, as today I would not be safe driving. He dropped me off, did an errand of his own and picked me up. I can't say all of this activity felt good. I am drop dead tired, but I did it. It makes my husband feel better when he sees me doing fairly normal things and that for me is great motivation. Only you, my benzo buddies will ever really understand the effort it takes sometimes just to get through the day, and the dreaded night.

Thanks Belfast. How is your day going ?. Just realised that it's almost midnight with you. Here in the good old U.S.A we have the debate to look forward to. Total insanity. I won't be watching. Bad enough to be going through withdrawal without piling on more misery.

Way to go rabbit. The grocery store. I'm not quite there yet but I await the day. I intend to buy all my favourite treats. And the cart would be a must. I'm horrified that I'll get to the back of the store and not make it out the front. Oh dear. One step at a time. Good job!  :thumbsup: B

Thanks Belfast. How is your day going ?. Just realised that it's almost midnight with you. Here in the good old U.S.A we have the debate to look forward to. Total insanity. I won't be watching. Bad enough to be going through withdrawal without piling on more misery.

Hiya. It's been...the usual :)

I'm avoiding all news, for the first time in my life. So I'll be spared it too...