Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need Tremendous Support Please

[Pl...]

oh...forgot to mention another similar occurrence that happens sometimes when I am awake. My jaw locks up, my neck tenses, I get a weird twinge down the left side of my face, and then my face droops on the left. If I try to talk during the 10 seconds or so it is going on, my speech is slurred and my throat feels clogged. This has been happening since I was in college. I was not taking any benzos or z-drugs at the time. It seems to happen more frequently if I am very stressed, sleep deprived, or if it is near my time of the month. I have had numerous testing for strokes, epilepsy, etc. but nothing has every been able to determine what any of these things are.

MFM

Im so not a dr but been through so much. My daughter gets complex migraines and they do mimic strokes. Sounds like maybe what you have? Its not really treatable but she has to avoid certain meds because of it

Thank you to each and every one of you for responding....

I just don't understand how I could be taking a powerful  anti convulsant like kolonopin that I can barely reduce and be experiencing the very thing it's supposed to keep from happening...

I don't even have epilepsy.... Its like the drug is doing the exact opposite to me .... Giving me anxiety, giving me epileptic type attacks....constant restlessness.. Inner agitation.... Messing up my hormones...How the heck do you taper from this? It scares me so much I just want to cold turkey so badly...

It feels like the more I take this the more I'm harming myself.... I don't know?

I was already protracted from ativan cold turkey when I reinstated on this so I could do it properly... I waited too long and I think the damage is done from all the glutamate flooding me all those months...

Horribly sick on it... seems worse when I reduce which is so slow....

Its like I'm beating a dead horse not knowing which way to go.... :'(

I can't expect anyone to have the answers.....but I appreciate the many who read and offer support... Thank you all so much...

Hi Pleasebehere. You and your situation has always been in my thoughts ever since I first responded to you. I'm sorry you are still suffering. I haven't been on the boards for awhile since my jump date last month. I actually just did my first post in weeks under benzo-free celebrations and I think you'll find some hope after reading it. I thought I would respond to you as your circumstance touches my heart. I developed myoclonic jerks and spasms while taking clonazepam and that's why i decided to taper off as aggressively as I could. I am about 90% healed from those involuntary myoclonic movements and aside from actually being off the drug that aided in this healing, I really believe the mirtazapine I took during the taper and after was my saving grace and antidote for not making things worse off but actually better. As soon as i took the mirtazapine for my benzo taper, the jerks and spasms lessened dramatically within a couple days. They weren't entirely gone but the severity was like night and day before taking mirtazapine. I continued to take it for my 4 week benzo taper with the jerks/spasms minimized. They came back a little towards my last week and even a week after my jump date but I expected that since I was now at the lowest dose of clonazepam before jumping. But even during this time they still weren't as bad as before taking mirtazapine. So call it a coincidence. My point is it gets better once you are off the drug. I don't know if you are anything else but maybe a serotonin boost from an antidepressant might be worth a try as it helped me. But everyone's chemistry is different.  Don't try gabepintin or lyrica as those were listed as the top drugs that resulted in involuntary movements with clonazepam coming in at number #5.

MFM

She gets numbness that travels slowly from her extremities to her face on one side

Strokes happen quickly, the migraine aura slowly

Because its a vascular thing, she has to avoid anything that constricts blood vessels or could cause clots

So mostly, birth control pills when she is older have to be avoided, and strangely migraine medicines that are usually prescribed for non aura migraines

She can take ibuprofren so that is what she does. Also avoid triggers, for her mostly letting herself get too hungry. TG she hasnt had one in a while they are scary

Do you think gabapentin is bad?

It is an anti seizure Med

I am on remeron too and it has saved me this year I guess

I would not be able to have functioned without ot

I know gabapentin has a withdrawal... I took it once and it didnt make me feel well at all....

But then again you are getting info from someone who lacks the proper genes to metabolize meds.....

That's why I think the tiniest doses of everything hit me so hard....

I see many people on this forum do take it.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ne...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [Re...]
    • [...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Le...]
    • [jo...]
    • [sh...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [PP...]