Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

leg swelling??? please read.

[ge...]

Hello! I'm almost 6 months past my jump from Xanax. I'm still having some pain and tingling in my feet and legs, and most recently I've been experiencing leg swelling. It's significant enough that this morning I could press into my ankle and leave a dent. I've had swollen muscles, but nothing like this. I wondered if anyone else has had this experience? I thought I read that the lymphatic system can be out of whack, and I do have a lump in my lymph nodes under arm. I wasnt too concerned until I noticed the swelling. Tonight its just one leg. I don't want go to the dr and look like a goof. Yet...I can't find anything specific to ease my worry. Please help.

I too have swelling in my feet and legs, especially in the mornings and late afternoon.  A good excuse to lay with my feet up and watch some mindless drivel on the boob tube!  Honestly, new symptoms don't surprise me or really concern me at this point as our central nervous system is so screwed up and every other system for that matter.

Make sure your not eating a lot of sodium and taking in enough fluids.  If your really worried about the lump, by all means go check it out,you don't need anything else to worry about :).  Focus on the progress :thumbsup:

Gettingthere,

As a retired CCU nurse swelling in the legs and ankles needs to be looked at. Please see your doctor to find out what is causing it. Except for Wanna-b I have not heard of this as a symptom of benzo withdrawal.

Decrease your salt intake, elevate yoir legs but please see your doctor.

God bless,

Beth

Gettingthere,

As a retired CCU nurse swelling in the legs and ankles needs to be looked at. Please see your doctor to find out what is causing it. Except for Wanna-b I have not heard of this as a symptom of benzo withdrawal.

Decrease your salt intake, elevate yoir legs but please see your doctor.

God bless,

Beth

Agreed! Don't take any chances. See the doc! I haven't seen anything on here about swelling and a lump sends up a red flag...hope all turns out well. Keep us posted on how you are doing.  ~CeCe 

I am so glad that I read these posts, I have had a swollen foot and ankle for the last 12 years, Una Corbett told me that it could be related to benzo wd, but I had given up hope of it ever  stopping, these posts caused me to google it and within 10 minutes I found the stuff below, which gives me hope that Una may be correct and that it may eventually stop.

Thank you Benzobuddies once again!!!!

here is the info;-

You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking lorazepam:

More common:

Drowsiness

relaxed and calm

sleepiness

Incidence not known:

Abdominal or stomach pain

aggressive, angry

agitation

anxiety

attack, assault, or force

black, tarry stools

bleeding gums

blood in urine or stools

bluish lips or skin

blurred vision

change in consciousness

chills

coma

confusion

confusion about identity, place, and time

convulsions

cough or hoarseness

dark urine

decreased urine output

difficulty in breathing and/or swallowing

difficulty in speaking

discouragement

dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly

drooling

dry mouth

excitation

false or unusual sense of well-being

fast or irregular heartbeat

fear or nervousness

feeling sad or empty

fever with or without chills

general feeling of tiredness or weakness

headache

hives

hyperventilation

increased thirst

irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing

irritability

itching

loss of appetite

loss of balance control

loss of consciousness

loss of interest or pleasure

loss of memory

lower back or side pain

muscle pain or cramps

muscle trembling, jerking, or stiffness

nausea or vomiting

not breathing

painful or difficult urination

pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin

pinpoint red spots on skin

problems with memory

puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue

rash

reddening of the skin, especially around ears

restlessness

seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there

seizures

shaking

shortness of breath

shuffling walk

sleeplessness

sore throat

sores, ulcers, or white spots on lips or in mouth

stiffness of limbs

sweating

swelling of eyes or inside of nose

swelling of face, ankles, or hands

swollen gland

thoughts or attempts at killing oneself

Klonopin withdrawal - Edema of Extremities - Abnormal swelling of the body’s tissue caused by the collection of fluid.

Klonopin withdrawal - Fall - To suddenly lose your normal standing upright position as if you were shot.

Klonopin withdrawal - Fatigue - Loss of normal strength so as to not be able to do the usual physical and mental activities.

Klonopin withdrawal - Fever - Abnormally high body temperature, the normal being 98 degrees Fahrenheit or 37 degrees Centigrade in humans, which is a symptom of disease or disorder in the body.  The body is affected by feeling hot, chilled, sweaty, weak and exhausted.  If the fever goes too high, death can result.

KLONOPIN Side Effects May Include:

abdominal and muscle cramps, behavior disorders, convulsions, depressed feeling, hallucinations, restlessness, sleeping difficulties, tremors, Klonopin can also cause aggressive behavior, agitation, anxiety, excitability, hostility, irritability, nervousness, nightmares, sleep disturbances, and vivid dreams, abdominal pain/discomfort, abnormal hunger, acne, aggressive reaction, anxiety, apathy, asthma attack, bleeding from the skin, blood clots, bronchitis, burning sensation, changes in appetite, changes in sex drive, confusion, coughing, difficulty breathing, dizziness when standing, ear problems, emotional changeability, excessive dreaming, excitement, fever, flushing, fluttery or throbbing heartbeat, frequent bowel movements, gas, general feeling of illness, gout, hair loss, hemorrhoids, hoarseness, increased salivation, indigestion, infections, inflamed stomach and intestines, lack of attention, lack of sensation, leg cramps, loss of taste, male sexual problems, migraine, motion sickness, muscle pain/cramps, nightmares, nosebleed, overactivity, pain (anywhere in the body), paralysis, pneumonia, shivering, skin problems, sleep problems, sneezing, sore throat, swelling with fluid retention, swollen knees, thick tongue, thirst, tingling/pins and needles, tooth problems, tremor, twitching, upset stomach, urinary problems, vertigo, vision problems, weight gain or loss, yawning

List of Symptoms - Recovery Road

www.recovery-road.org/list-of-symptoms

So although it was initially compiled with benzodiazepine users in mind, it is ... feeling a lack of coordination, affects legs, arms, hands, fingers, entire body, speech. B ... Bloating/Water retention: oedema, swollen feet, swollen, hands, eyelids

Haha, finally someone who have the same issue like me. i have Opened a Thread few months ago with the same question.  Well i swell massiv up when i have eat any carb(bread,nudles etc.)

My Upper legs swell and i can also press a dent. which leg part swell on you?

Have you a swollen belly?

You can try to stay away from carbs, dairy and sugar.

try a paleo/ketogenic diet.

Thank you everyone for all your responses and support! The leg swelling is down at the moment. I really believe it might be related to wd, because it will alternate from one leg, to both, to one again. I will make an appt to have the lump checked out, and I will mention the swelling issues. And yes!!! I get tummy swelling too. I've been doing a keto diet, but I'm not always good. I'll watch it. I am however in a wave. After a week and half of nothing, last night it started. Always the same... Pain in my jaw, then foul mood, intense fatigue, and then today the pain starts. It's everywhere. Its like all the nerves in my bones are fired up. Hoping it passes soon. I have such great days now, and I never thought those would come! But it makes the waves feel rough. Again, thank you all for listening. God bless!  :smitten:
  • Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Jo...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [ra...]
    • [2c...]
    • [an...]
    • [bi...]
    • [...]
    • [Re...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gr...]