Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ANYONE EVER GONE BANKRUPT?

[Ce...]

Just wondering if any of my fellow BB's can guide me somewhat through a bankruptcy? I'm wondering what the pros and con are. It really sucks, because I just got my credit score up there and now, I realize I need to free up my money after all this mess.

Thanks all!!  ~CeCe    :mybuddy:

It's not a fun process but it isn't the end of the world and it can be a useful tool in helping you get your life back on track when something like this happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks you guys for the feedback.  :smitten:

Yes, you gotta do what you gotta do. But it's far easier for a corporation to file Chapter 11. They only have to pay their creditors a dime on the dollar. With personal, I think you need a plan to pay the full amount, but can't be 100% sure. I think I will follow in your footsteps, CeCe, as this condo is costing me all of my savings. Bad news all together. Good luck, sweetie. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Betsy :)

Thanks you guys for the feedback.  :smitten:

Yes, you gotta do what you gotta do. But it's far easier for a corporation to file Chapter 11. They only have to pay their creditors a dime on the dollar. With personal, I think you need a plan to pay the full amount, but can't be 100% sure. I think I will follow in your footsteps, CeCe, as this condo is costing me all of my savings. Bad news all together. Good luck, sweetie. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Sorry to hear this Bets, I was thinking about borrowing some money from you... :D J/K  I really am sorry to hear that. Everything just seems so expensive and my monthly dollars just don't match my monthly bills. I need a car, some dental work and an apartment. Rent is outrageous here in MN. I lived in SC for 2 years and the rent was way less than here. Far more square footage for the price. I love that you are moving back to Ohio, it brings back some mighty fine memories of when I left MN to go to SC. That was a great experience for me and I would love to do it again. Do you know it doesn't snow or get cold down there in the winter? Hahaha. I miss that! Well, here's to better days.... :thumbsup:

~CeCe  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I think you need a plan to pay the full amount, but can't be 100% sure.

Not true at all. You can file chapter 7 for personal taxes and wipe the slate clean. Even federal income taxes can be included if certain conditions are met.

This probably should be in the rant section but,

It pisses me off to see people loose everything and go bankrupt for no reason of their own, just another nasty side to this horrible drug. :tickedoff:

It pisses me off to see people loose everything and go bankrupt for no reason of their own, just another nasty side to this horrible drug. :tickedoff:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I know 2trusting!!! Just add this to the already overloaded pile of problems these things have caused!!!  :tickedoff: I feel the same way, it just never seems to end.  :(