Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Inappropriate Sex Talk

[4G...]

Thanks Betsy. It was hard to report him but necessary. Hugs. Gilly x

I know it was hard, Gilly, but you did it! Can't wait to find out what happens next. :thumbsup:

If you have a phone you can download an audio app and record what he says.

Just in case he accuses you of lying.

OOps no -- there are laws about recording parties without their knowledge!  Depends on the state.  Keep records or what he said and when - email them to yourself to date it.  You are allowed to request a different staff person.  Let them ask why.  Maybe they won't.  In the US - all staff are ultimately answering to the psychiatrist MD -- you may have to request to explain this situation to the psch M.D. - or even their superior.  Gill - I am so sorry you have to deal with this.  WBB

That is not actually true or accurate.  Your right to defend yourself supersedes in the commission of any crime.  More importantly, you have a responsibility to yourself and your safety first.  I don't know of any lawyer stupid enough to recommend prosecution for illegal taping when the entire character of the person being taped will be exposed.  Please disregard this very dangerous perspective and do whatever is required to protect yourself from such slim.

For the record, this guy that acted so insanely inappropriately does so because he knows he is working with the weak and or vulnerable.  That is precisely why he does it and why he is in this line of work.  He is a predator. 

Gilly - I am so proud of you and happy for you!  I really hope he is treated with the fullest extent of the law!

Sending you love, Light and peace!  :smitten:

Fifi

If you have a phone you can download an audio app and record what he says.

Just in case he accuses you of lying.

OOps no -- there are laws about recording parties without their knowledge!  Depends on the state.  Keep records or what he said and when - email them to yourself to date it.  You are allowed to request a different staff person.  Let them ask why.  Maybe they won't.  In the US - all staff are ultimately answering to the psychiatrist MD -- you may have to request to explain this situation to the psch M.D. - or even their superior.  Gill - I am so sorry you have to deal with this.  WBB

That is not actually true or accurate.  Your right to defend yourself supersedes in the commission of any crime.  More importantly, you have a responsibility to yourself and your safety first.  I don't know of any lawyer stupid enough to recommend prosecution for illegal taping when the entire character of the person being taped will be exposed.  Please disregard this very dangerous perspective and do whatever is required to protect yourself from such slim.

For the record, this guy that acted so insanely inappropriately does so because he knows he is working with the weak and or vulnerable.  That is precisely why he does it and why he is in this line of work.  He is a predator. 

Gilly - I am so proud of you and happy for you!  I really hope he is treated with the fullest extent of the law!

Sending you love, Light and peace!  :smitten:

Fifi

Legal counsel should not be offered on the forum.  WBB

I have a guy from Mental Health Services who is supposed to be my support worker. I have seen him three times now and he has talked to me explicitly about sex. I think I should tell my Psych Nurse, who is also a man, but I am afraid that I will end up in a court case or something. I am not strong enough to do that. I should have told this guy not to talk about that the first time he said something but I was shocked. If I don't report him and I say I don't want to see him any more then Services will wonder why I don't want to be helped. What do you think I should do?

Report him and be done with it. I doubt it will go all the way to court, at least I would hope not in this day and age of knowing about harassment, how it affects us and how rampant it is. It's unacceptable and an insult to you!  Report him!! Don't let it go any further than you.  :tickedoff: