Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Crashed my car yesterday!

[Am...]

And it wasn't even my fault, not even a little bit. I went to register my kids for school (thank GOD they were not with me at the time!) I got it done and left the school. I was going back to work and this guy in a huge Dodge Ram came from a side street and plowed into the front of my car. I was not hurt, just had a bad headache afterwards (most likely from anxiety and stress)

And the stupid cop I called took the report, gave the guy a ticket, and did not even give me his insurance info! WTF and I was told I have to contact MY insurance and also go to court on Sept 12 and tell my side of what happened to the judge. WTF I did nothing wrong and now my car is smashed and un driveable.

One good thing is my BFF's dad has a wrecker and I got him to tow it to my house for free. They are like family to me we've been friends so long.

I still have to wait for the police report to get the guys info which is ridiculous. I was told 2-3 days. I don't want to claim it on my insurance, it was not my fault. So for now I am driving my dads extra vehicle.

UGH

[c1...]

I'm sorry that this happened to you.  I'm glad you're OK.

In some locations, anybody involved in a collision must go to court.  A student that worked here last year had a similar accident.  She had to go to court, and was cleared of any/all error in the incident. 

And it wasn't even my fault, not even a little bit. I went to register my kids for school (thank GOD they were not with me at the time!) I got it done and left the school. I was going back to work and this guy in a huge Dodge Ram came from a side street and plowed into the front of my car. I was not hurt, just had a bad headache afterwards (most likely from anxiety and stress)

And the stupid cop I called took the report, gave the guy a ticket, and did not even give me his insurance info! WTF and I was told I have to contact MY insurance and also go to court on Sept 12 and tell my side of what happened to the judge. WTF I did nothing wrong and now my car is smashed and un driveable.

One good thing is my BFF's dad has a wrecker and I got him to tow it to my house for free. They are like family to me we've been friends so long.

I still have to wait for the police report to get the guys info which is ridiculous. I was told 2-3 days. I don't want to claim it on my insurance, it was not my fault. So for now I am driving my dads extra vehicle.

UGH

Just reading this gave me anxiety. Omg j couldn't  cope right now

Thanks. I kinda felt like I had no choice though. It sucks because I drive by the spot where the accident happened frequently, its close to my house and on my route home. Think I will be taking a different route though.

Well done you for driving your dad's car and not letting it put you off driving. That is a real achievement.  :thumbsup:

I don't know how I do it sometimes. I think back to where I was a little over a month ago, I could not leave the house or drive at all.

UGH

Just reading this gave me anxiety. Omg j couldn't  cope right now

It sucks. I feel like the cop should have given me that info. IDK why I have to go to court but I am in the right even though I know the guy who hit me is going to say I was speeding. He can't prove that and if I was I won't admit it. Even if I was speeding it would still be HIS fault. When I was on xanax big time I had a few incidents where I rear ended people and it was my fault for sure. This time I know I didn't do anything wrong.

Im glad your okay, but sorry you have to deal with this injustice. Hopefully it will be cleared up in court. Its so unfair.

Sorry about that Amber. Just what you don't need right now. :( Here where I live, it is against the law for a cop to provide any information about the other guy. You have to wait and go to the police station and get the report. I don't bother as I just call my insurance and they do the work for me. Also, you are not required to go to court unless someone had gotten a bad injury. I like it this way. Nothing for me to do but to get my car fixed. That hassle is bad enough for me.

Betsy :)

[db...]

Sorry to hear, Amber.

A couple months ago I had a similar accident... hit by a car coming from a side street... except I was on a *bicycle*. Ugh.

I never went to court for a car accident and I've had many in my day.  Totalled a few cars by other people hitting me.  Don't understand that?  Just get his name and insurance stuff and give it to your insurance company?