Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Making a diluted solution of Klonopin

[Fa...]

Hello!

I'm actually tapering off my Klonopin by 10% every 7-14 days...

I'm planning to do the other half of the tapering (I'll be down to 0.5 mg tomorrow) at a slower rate.

The problem is...

In my country Klonopin is sold in a liquid form. Its concentration is 2,5 mg/ml.

A drop is 0.1 mg of Klonopin. So I can taper off only 0.1 mg every time I do a 'cut'.

http://sscacc.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Rivotril.jpg

What if I wanted to do this more slowly, especially in the very end of the tapering? Can I dilute a commercial solution with several eccipents?

Any suggestions?

Hello!

I'm actually tapering off my Klonopin by 10% every 7-14 days...

I'm planning to do the other half of the tapering (I'll be down to 0.5 mg tomorrow) at a slower rate.

The problem is...

In my country Klonopin is sold in a liquid form. Its concentration is 2,5 mg/ml.

A drop is 0.1 mg of Klonopin. So I can taper off only 0.1 mg every time I do a 'cut'.

http://sscacc.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Rivotril.jpg

What if I wanted to do this more slowly, especially in the very end of the tapering? Can I dilute a commercial solution with several eccipents?

Any suggestions?

Yes, you can dilute it.  Water is the best choice, but you should have no problem with fruit juice, soft drinks, etc.

Thanks for your answer!

What if I wanted to do a microtaper from this solution?  :-X

As long as you have access to the Rx liquid, a microtaper is almost certainly the easiest way to withdraw.

Thanks for your answer!

What if I wanted to do a microtaper from this solution?  :-X

As long as you have access to the Rx liquid, a microtaper is almost certainly the easiest way to withdraw.

It would still be required to diluite it somehow. So, theorically...

I'm a scientist and have access to scientific glassware, even micropipettes, I could just 'borrow' one from the lab...but it isn't needed since the bottle allows you to pick a single drop. It just has to be a diluted drop and I have to move the tip of the bottle on a larger bottle...

The solution volume is 10 ml. If I add 10 ml of water it will be diluted so that a drop doesn't equal 0.1 mgs but 0.05 mgs. And I may taper it this way: 0.5 mgs, 0.45 mgs...

But may still be too fast. If I add 90 mls of water it will be 10 times more diluted and a drop should equal 0.01 mgs... and go down with 0.50, 0.49, 0.48...

Is this ridicously low?

What's better, in your opinion?

The eccipents of the original solution are: sodic saccharin, peach flavour, glacial acetic acid, propylene glycol.

P.S. I have five bottles of it (a total of 125 mgs of Klonopin). Each bottle contains 25 mgs. It isn't a problem to get more from my psychiatrist. But I calculated I need just 12,75 mgs to end my taper if I go down of 0.01 every day... 25,5 if I go down of 0.01 every two days and so on... It would take 50 or 100 days.

What's the best speed?  :o

The right speed is the one that works for you.  The general guidelines are 7-10% every 10-14 days.  Doing a daily taper any folks find they can work  at the quicker end of the scale.

Personally, I like dilution ratios that give concentration of .1mg per ml, or .01mg per ml.  It obviously makes the math much simpler.  Because of it high concentration/high potency, IMO, the .01mg per ml ratio probably works better for K.

The lab quality equipment really isn't needed.

I'm doing a .01mg daily cut and it's working so far (30 days in, down to 1.70mg). Virtually no sxs other than some mild insomnia (it's just a little bit harder to fall asleep). Doing a .01mg daily cut allows for a 7.5% reduction in dose every 2 weeks or 15% every month (give or take 1%). At this rate I should be done in 7 months, give or take a month.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [le...]
    • [fa...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Mh...]
    • [mo...]
    • [ca...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [be...]