Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How do you feel on the forum? :)

[Fa...]

Just curious. Personally, I like typing here, making new threads, acquiring new knowledge and discussing. I'm a scientist, after all, and I like to analyze everything, in the most rational way possible, even if benzo withdrawal doesn't really seem to have rules you can apply to eveyone. I'm not on the 'desperate' 'oh my God what's happening to me' 'I spoilt my life forever' mood anymore and knowing there are some people who have gone through this and MADE IT makes me feel better. I like to share some advice about the things I'm sure about as well!  :P

I even find it relaxing.

If I didn't like BB, I would not be posting so much. I learn something new every day here, and can moan when I want to. I find it helpful to take my mind away from some place else that is not so pleasant.

Betsy :)

I find it reassuring. I know I am not alone, even if medical people just don't get it. There will be someone else who does get it on here and that gives me some comfort, even though I wish that person wasn't going through this either.

Well said Gilly! While I now consider myself recovered (still working on my success story!) I've connected with some truly amazing people, Gilly being one of them. The friends I've made here on BB will always have a place in my heart. The people here, and their stories, are simply great.

Yes for a long time it was the only place I could come and get help when I was so desperately bad off. No matter how crappy I felt, there was always someone that would pop into offer some advice or just a nice word to help me through it. Now that I'm a lot better, I try to do the same for people that are now where I once was. Also to check on people I've now known for a while. I've been on here for over two years. So it's good to check on veteran buddies too.

When I found this forum towards the end of my taper  felt like I was drowning and this group and their support was like a life raft. BB kept me afloat during  some of the toughest times and still supports me now. I feel grateful to have found BBs!! :smitten:

If I hadn't found this forum I would not have been able to maintain being benzo free as I would have thought I was physically dying and that I was actually psychotic (the depersonalization and derealization is tremendously scary) and that I needed klonopin.

I knew from everyone here that it was withdrawals and that I would be okay and make it though. Reading "common withdrawal symptoms" on Wikipedia is a far cry from actually reading what it is to actually experience them and I'm so grateful I was able to read the experiences on here during the worst of it for me and realize it was something others experience and survive.

[38...]
I've met some wonderful people and learned a lot. Benzobuddies was a lifeline when I first discovered I was addicted to this poison. Recently i've found a local support group and met fellow benzo sufferers and I must say I prefer the face to face interaction. But I still come back here often. It's a great forum.

I've met some wonderful people and learned a lot. Benzobuddies was a lifeline when I first discovered I was addicted to this poison. Recently i've found a local support group and met fellow benzo sufferers and I must say I prefer the face to face interaction. But I still come back here often. It's a great forum.

You are lucky. I would like to find one in my area.

Thankful beyond words. So grateful for those like Siggy who come back to help out, too. Lots of love for many names on this thread alone. Lots of love, hope and restoration of faith... Great company and distraction. Benzobuddies is awesome and I am so grateful. Truly and honestly grateful.

Wouldn't be a stretch to say it has been a lifesaver for me.

How did you go about finding a support group for benzo users? Like Betsy, I would like to find one in my area. too.

PS If not for this forum, I'd be in a psych ward for eternity. There is so much info and camaraderie on here like no other place anywhere.

[38...]
The support group is in Boston. Bets, you could come if you want to do a longish drive. I was pointed at it by Baylissa Frederick with whom I had a phone consultation.

The support group is in Boston. Bets, you could come if you want to do a longish drive. I was pointed at it by Baylissa Frederick with whom I had a phone consultation.

chess:

That's  3 /12 hours from me, as I live in the southern most part of CT... But I almost went to Boston U, if that counts. I just love Boston! Every time I went there I could not remember it at all when I got back. Drinking days, ya know? ;D

How do I feel here? Very disappointed. I stopped giving good advise because I'm either ignored or scoffed at for some reason. Those who used to chat with me have stopped. If that's the way they want it, f$ck them. Now I know why a lot of people leave, calling BB a 'psychologically damaging site".  :sick:

How do I feel here? Very disappointed. I stopped giving good advise because I'm either ignored or scoffed at for some reason. Those who used to chat with me have stopped. If that's the way they want it, f$ck them. Now I know why a lot of people leave, calling BB a 'psychologically damaging site".  :sick:

Geez, sorry you've had such a terrible experience, rockfan, My experience has thankfully, been the opposite. I think it could be the way you're looking at it, expectations might be too high? Don't take it personally. We are all not feeling very well, you have to cut us a break! People come and go on my PM, as well. It's just the nature of the situation.  Hope you start feeling better really soon. ~CeCe  (have a warm hug from me)  :hug:.

Oh, hell, have 2  :hug:

Geez, sorry you've had such a terrible experience, rockfan, My experience has thankfully, been the opposite. I think it could be the way you're looking at it, expectations might be too high? Don't take it personally. We are all not feeling very well, you have to cut us a break! People come and go on my PM, as well. It's just the nature of the situation.  Hope you start feeling better really soon. ~CeCe  (have a warm hug from me)  :hug:.

Oh, hell, have 2  :hug:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten:

Hi:

You should be proud of being benzo free so I would put up a ticker. You went through hell, so you deserve it. :smitten:

I wanted to create one but I am too dumb for it or my english is too bad..  :'(

Hi:

You should be proud of being benzo free so I would put up a ticker. You went through hell, so you deserve it. :smitten:

I wanted to create one but I am too dumb for it or my english is too bad..  :'(

Go to technical support and ask or Evan in the title. Like, I need some help, Evan. He'll take you through it step by step. It is quite easily done, even if you speak Chinese.