Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Share your favorite quote

[co...]

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain.

Seems like they shared a similar outlook :thumbsup:

http://i66.tinypic.com/10f8jlx.jpg

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Es...]

• [co...]

• [al...]

• [gi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Confused. Long time no see. Love this Albert Einstein’s quote. As well as all others. Posted them to Begood’s. Gonna post some here to better memorize them. LONG LIVE (HARD) ROCK & HEAVY METAL :thumbsup:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2aeqhk9.jpg

Hi Estee. Sorry for the delay in responding, I don't get here that often anymore. I started back to work yesterday! Two days under my belt. Actually felt good being able contribute again. Love your Einstein quotes. And your rock history lessons on the other thread. I always learn something new. Take care everyone and keep posting the inspirational quotes!

An unexamined life is not worth living. --Socrates

No problem, Confused. That Stevie Ray Vaughan’s AA speech is really moving. Listened to it yesterday. Life can be ironic... He had so many clean and sober yrs to live ahead of him... I love Socrates’ quotes. One of my fav philosophers. I’m a philosophy graduate. I like to post those guys’ quotes. Some were really smart. Einstein was not a philosopher by profession. But he could articulate his thoughts in a wonderful, often funny way.

No problem, Confused. That Stevie Ray Vaughan’s AA speech is really moving. Listened to it yesterday. Life can be ironic... He had so many clean and sober yrs to live ahead of him... I love Socrates’ quotes. One of my fav philosophers. I’m a philosophy graduate. I like to post those guys’ quotes. Some were really smart. Einstein was not a philosopher by profession. But he could articulate his thoughts in a wonderful, often funny way.

I'm not a philosophy graduate but I play one on the internet.  :D. I'm really into Stoic philosophy. I love Socrates, Epictetus, Marcus Aurelius, etc. I'm working my way through A History of Philosophy by Copleston. After the 1700's I'm done. I enjoy practical philosophy for leading a good life, not existential wallowing in pity because all the answers aren't there. But to each his own.  :D

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be. --- Thomas a´ Kempis

Lol, I arrived at the same conclusions as one of the best philosophers in my country. Independently of him. I don’t even remember what those conclusions were. It was a long time ago. Of course, one can become a self-quoter. I had theories, drew charts, never wrote quotes. I’m wondering if this is any good, since it’s gotten so many positive reviews. If something is explained simply, it’s always worth reading. As Einstein said:

http://i68.tinypic.com/10xgd2u.jpg

I studied philosophy in my native language, which is not English. Then read some good books in English on the subject. I like Stoics as well. I guess this is worth reading. I like Existentialism. The idea that one is completely responsible for creating their own reality. The theories of Epictetus gave rise to the whole REBT psychology by Albert Ellis. One doesn’t really have to study philosophy to become a philosopher. And one doesn’t have to work as a philosopher to become one. I mean doesn’t have to work at the uni. Like Spinoza, he was a lens grinder. Great quote, Confused :thumbsup: I only wrote philosophical poems...

I guess I'm just a philophilosopher! :D

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.-- Marcus Aurelius

Love this quote. Marcus Aurelius and Epictetus sounded like the beginnings of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. But you’ve got the same theme in Buddhism:

http://i68.tinypic.com/15yc9w2.jpg

In many philosophical and religious movements. Cognitive Restructuring ain’t easy. But particularly useful to start practising during Xmas :thumbsup:

" FORGIVENESS IS THE FRAGRANCE THAT THE VIOLET SHEDS ON THE HEEL THAT HAS CRUSHED IT"

(attributed to Mark Twain, but versions are said to have been around for a lot longer)

I read this today, its what some one's collage professor once said to them  :)

''You can't save the whole  world  but you may be able just one person,  and its okay if the one person you save is yourself''

confused1, I don't know who said that, The meaning of life is to live it.  I have a small bumper sticker with that saying on it that I got years ago and have in a drawer.