Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Share your favorite quote

[co...]

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Es...]

• [co...]

• [al...]

• [gi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there.”

― Pascal Mercier, Night Train to Lisbon

“Usually, we believe that our pain is a misfortune that needs to be fixed, but in fact, all pain (physical, mental, and emotional) is a necessary step towards becoming conscious.”

― Mada Eliza Dalian

So many intelligent people on this site. I love all of those quotes. I wonder what the average I.Q. of people on this site is versus the general population?

Confused - there is actually some very interesting information and possibly studies on IQ's of people who have a natural tendency to run "Glutamate heavy". So this would apply to those of us who, regardless of why we were prescribed Benzo's, happen to be more tightly wired. I'll post it when I get home. If I can find it. Driving now!!

Losing an illusion can be just as powerful as finding a truth. (I think I paraphrased that one. Can't remember the exact quote. :idiot:)

So I like many quotes but during my taper this saying seems to be uppermost in my mind.

SSDD  (same shit different day)

I remember this pre benzo....never thought it would take on such a negative meaning... :idiot:

• 2 weeks later...

"I don't get it; you're a knock-out. Why are you such a mass of symptoms?"- Woody Allen, 'Manhattan'

"There are people who would love to have your bad days."

"How you make others feel, says a lot about you."

"We all have the need to feel special. And its this need, that can bring out the best in us, yet the worst in us." - Janet Jackson

"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him." - Martin Luther King Jr

"If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." - Roald Dahl

"Live the life full of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual." - Ernest Hemingway