Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Share your favorite quote

[co...]

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Es...]

• [co...]

• [al...]

• [gi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

What if your goal is people and things? :P

Then you risk to become unhappy once they are gone. That is what Albert Einstein had in mind, I think. After the death of his second wife, he became extremely depressed. But his work saved him. He outlived her by 16 yrs.

The beautiful, awful thing about committing thoughts to writing is their permanence.--- Me

Been busy, but these quotes will remain and who knows just who will find exactly what they need?

Just recently started sleeping soundly and I'm down to just one symptom, tinnitus. If this is as good as it gets, I'll take it! Don't feel like I should write a success story yet though.

Only one who has well learned to follow may safely lead.--- Attributed to Thomas à Kempis but more probably Gerard De Groote. I think this is in the same vein as the Picasso quote about learning the rules before you break them. Hope all are well!

The beautiful, awful thing about committing thoughts to writing is their permanence.--- Me

Been busy, but these quotes will remain and who knows just who will find exactly what they need?

Just recently started sleeping soundly and I'm down to just one symptom, tinnitus. If this is as good as it gets, I'll take it! Don't feel like I should write a success story yet though.

Only one who has well learned to follow may safely lead.--- Attributed to Thomas à Kempis but more probably Gerard De Groote. I think this is in the same vein as the Picasso quote about learning the rules before you break them. Hope all are well!

Happy for you, Confused1 :thumbsup: Gonna be waiting for your success story! I will paste the quotes as long as I can. As I’m more and more busy, too. I see it as a service to the BB Community - which has probably saved my life... And I love those quotes. Take care, my Friend :)

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

- Confucius

How very true. There’s beauty even in pain and suffering. They teach us to become someone better. Love Confucius’ quotes :thumbsup:

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies. --- Groucho Marx

Here's a test to find if your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't.--- Donald Shimoda, fictional messiah of Richard Bach's "Illusions".

Excuses don't equal results.--- Me, said often to my employees and my boys.  :laugh:

Another quote about excuses:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2utkqaf.jpg

More about Benjamin Franklin from "Wikipedia"

Confused1, it looks like we are both getting better towards Spring :thumbsup: I actually feel like I’m born again. Can stand all the BDZ WD sxs as long as the damn anxiety is gone!!! Never knew Valium was making me me so anxious, lethargic and demotivated. How could I have forgotten what harm benzos do to a human brain. I’m really hopeful there won’t be a third come back on benzos in my life.

Yes, Estee, I am so looking forward to this Spring. I made it a goal to plant 5 fruit trees every year until I die. We have 50 trees in our orchard now. Watching them burst into bloom fills me with hope. In the fall, my wife and I will pick apples, pears, peaches, apricots, and cherries with our granddaughters. I have a huge garden- around an acre. We have grapevines, blackberries and strawberries, an asparagus patch; all will be coming to life, and me along with it.

Murder the Victim –

There is a victim inside all of us. He is competing for our attention every second of the day. He distorts reality, to make you feel powerless. He is constantly searching for how he has been wronged. He is in perpetual pursuit for a reason on why he will fail.

Murder Him

Every time you hear his voice, silence him, ridicule him and cast him back into the shadows. No matter how many times you kill him he will come back, he will return using different weapons to seduce you. It is up to you to remain vigilant and be the Superhero your mind needs.

William Beteet

Wow! Coming back after two days to find some many great quotes.

Confused1 will be happy to read them when he drops by! Well done guys :thumbsup:

Ginger, that quote by Vince Lombardi reminds me of the one by Napoleon Hill:

http://i64.tinypic.com/30c0gsy.jpg

More about Napoleon Hill from "Wikipedia"