Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Share your favorite quote

[co...]

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Es...]

• [co...]

• [al...]

• [gi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

“If you are depressed you are living in the past.

If you are anxious you are living in the future.

If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

(unless you are going through withdrawal)

― Lao Tzu

“If you are depressed you are living in the past.

If you are anxious you are living in the future.

If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

(unless you are going through withdrawal)

― Lao Tzu

That's a good point. While in withdrawal, I felt my life was on hold. I was both depressed and anxious, by turns living in the past and future---never the present.

"Put your heart, mind, and soul

into even your smallest acts. 

This is the secret of success."

Swami Sivananda

Happy to see you read and contribute to this word thread, Ginger. Great quote :thumbsup:

“You couldn't relive your life, skipping the awful parts, without losing what made it worthwhile. You had to accept it as a whole--like the world, or the person you loved.” Stewart O'Nan

It's not really my favorite quote, but reminds me that we have to take the bad with the good in order to grow and be compassionate and strong, resilient.

http://i67.tinypic.com/29kua7p.jpg

More about Michael Connelly from "Wikipedia"

The original quote by Friedrich Nietzsche is on the previous page. It’s one of my fav quotes as well. Though it would sound better in German. Few philosophers had such a literary talent and sharp mind as Nietzsche, IMO. I guess he was also the one who gazed too long into the Abyss. Which resulted in his tragic mental breakdown in 1889 and early death more than a year later at the age of 55.

http://i67.tinypic.com/29kua7p.jpg

More about Michael Connelly from "Wikipedia"

The original quote by Friedrich Nietzsche is on the previous page. It’s one of my fav quotes as well. Though it would sound better in German. Few philosophers had such a literary talent and sharp mind as Nietzsche, IMO. I guess he was also the one who gazed too long into the Abyss. Which resulted in his tragic mental breakdown in 1889 and early death more than a year later at the age of 55.

Nietzsche, aww... that bring back the memories of the first 2 years of my liceum. 

Years of study, Ginger. Was going to write a PhD thesis about him and other existentialist philosophers. Half psychology, half philosophy. Had it all nicely figured out. But staying at the uni equalled an incredibly low pay. So when I was offered several times as much, I gave up. I don’t think I regret. It was a very dark stuff, like looking into the Abyss...

Living nonviolently means more than 'Thou shalt not kill.'  It means, "Thou shalt not violate anyone's soul", including your own."

Thomas Merton