Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Movies involving benzos

[Av...]

Hello buddies,

If you are interested in movies about benzo victims, I would recommend two movies that I watched recently on Amazon video( if you are subscribed for that, you can watch them on Prime).

The first one is called The Widower and is based on a true story. A male-nurse is using Temazepam to make their wives sick and helpless so that he can manipulate them, steal their money and finally to kill them.

Second one is called The Red Queen and is about a Russian girl whose life was very complicated- she killed her father while protecting her mother from his abuse, and her mother went to jail. Years after that she became a very famous fashion model under a different name, she got married, but her husband had problems with KGB and actually they wanted his pretty wife to  work for them. Their marriage became very complicated, she was under great stress from all the circumstances and her husband started medicating her with a tranquilizer. This was the beginning of her road to hell.

Correction

A male-nurse is using Temazepam to make HIS wives sick and helpless so that he can manipulate them, steal their money and finally to kill them.

• 1 month later...
I can't remember the name of the movie, but it's about a guy who finds out that his kid isn't actually his, that his no-good sleazy wife had an affair with some stranger she met in a saloon and got pregnant and then told her husband it was his, and then the husband gets suspicious and has some DNA testing done and finds out for certain it's not his kid, so he files for divorce, and she demands child support, he shows the court the evidence that the kid isn't his, and the wife even admits it isn't his, but the court rules that he has to pay child support anyway, because the kid has gotten used to it or something, and the husband argues that this is the equivalent of rape, and he should be allowed the equivalent of abortion, like his no-good sleazy wife had - it comes out she had actually aborted two kids that were actually his, only to stick him with this one that's not his. But the court doesn't care and makes him keep paying child support for this kid, while the ex-wife is sleazing around saloons with one stranger after another, and dragging them home to bed at night, right in front of this kid. So the ex-husband takes a valium, or something, I forget. Anyway, I remember thinking, he should just quit his job and get drunk, because then she'd probably find him irresistable. I think everyone in the movie was on drugs. I mean the actors, not the characters. The movie was based on an actual case - probably thousands of actual cases.

Thanks!

Found The Widower in Prime, but not The Red Queen - yet.

Evan, do you have any clues, such as an actor's name, or if it was a TV movie? I've been Googling the details pretty hard, but coming up with nada.

I don't remember who was in it. It might have been made for TV, but I think I rented it. I just googled "man ordered to pay child support for child that isn't his" and came up with a whole lot of results, but they're all real cases, not movies. I'll keep trying. I wish I could remember one of the actors.