Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

OCD

[sg...]

Hi anyone tapering off valium and suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder? Im finding my OCD  to be geting worse, doesnt help that its day 2 of no electronic cigerette either..now im stressing over my eyesight even though its fine ...urgh :( bad day...day 5 of 15mg v from 16.25mg xxx

Yes. I dont have ocd in the way of compulsions...but Ive always had an obsessive mind and think about things too long of something has gone wrong. Valium withdrawal has absolutely exploded these thoughts to the point that theyre 24/7. Its horrible.

Definately having bouts of OCD with Valium. Never had it in my life before this. I suspect it will pass when the journey is complete. B

I too am having a lot of trouble with obsessive anxiety in particular situations, to the point where I have developed some new and really odd phobias.

I was prone to rumination before, but nothing like this.

It started during the taper, and I really hope it will fade toward the end or after.  The Ashton Manual gives me some hope:

Obsessive traits may be temporarily increased during withdrawal and seem to reflect a mixture of anxiety and depression. These tend to settle spontaneously as anxiety levels decline.

http://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#11

Hi anyone tapering off valium and suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder? Im finding my OCD  to be geting worse, doesnt help that its day 2 of no electronic cigerette either..now im stressing over my eyesight even though its fine ...urgh :( bad day...day 5 of 15mg v from 16.25mg xxx

Yes. Unfortunately I am in this boat along with the rest. Like Shamo, I've always had a tendency to overthink things, but this!?! This is ridiculous. I am having a hard time living with myself. I can only hope and pray this is going to end soon....~CeCe    :therethere:

Cece how bad is it!? This is basically my only symptom! Ive had enough. 9 months of over thinking is horrible. I cant remember what ai used to feel like.

Yes with me more ocd symptoms like obsessions seem to be ,so far, my only symptom too..well once when i missed a full dose i had flu like symptoms but from tapering its just worsening of ocd which i can handle, funny enough its why i started benzos in the first place ... urgh...life!  :crazy:

I've had bad OCD that manifests as health anxiety.  I never had this before so I'm hoping it goes away with the physical symptoms.

Oh gosh i have health anxiety so bad! once i had it so bad i would make myself sick everyday so i wouldnt naturally be sick..get that ey! n then i had obsessions with my eyesight, was convinced i couldnt see in 3d so went to the opticians who confirmed i could lol...crazy what our minds are capable off  :idiot:

Cece how bad is it!? This is basically my only symptom! Ive had enough. 9 months of over thinking is horrible. I cant remember what ai used to feel like.

It's pretty bad Shamo, it's a lot worse than it was before all this happened. I tend to overthink every single itty bitty thing that comes into my mind! I'm driving myself insane, I swear. Between my tinnitus and this, it's pretty unbearable. If it was not for all of you guys, I think I'd be looking to reinstate! But I know better than that. So I guess it's something I'm going to live with for now. I know it'll improve. I'm beginning to accept the fact that I won't ever be the exact same as I once was, but I'll be stronger and healthier regardless.

Be strong ~CeCe  :mybuddy:

May i ask how bad is your tinnitus? does it come and go or stay with u non stop ?

If you're asking me, it's with me 24/7. I even dream with it in my dreams, if that makes any sense. Blahhhh!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mt...]
    • [Bo...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [23...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [ga...]
    • [sp...]
    • [Be...]