Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A Beatles reunion after their 60s breakup?

[be...]

Hey Bets, my boyfriend comes from Liverpool and it never did him any harm!

There are good and bad areas, like any big city.

Gilly x

I agree with all of the above. I just felt that despite John's later disinterest, he was a poet while Paul was not. Paul, soon after the Beatles started to become famous, quietly took control and kept them together for as long as they were. I think perhaps their three tours in America stressed them out so much that even George said, after the Philippines incident, right then and there he wanted to quit. He later became somewhat of a recluse, only enjoying playing music with his close friends. But he could be very nice to them and then a minute later would turn on them. But he wanted to keep busy, hence things like The Traveling Wilburys and Monty Python. I believed he became depressed because he was always looking for a path in life after The Beatles, and could not find it. He lost his Muse, if indeed he ever had it.

He was very moody, just like John. He was always music music music. And India. He carried his guitar everywhere, even during his sun rise visits in his big garden. If not for Paul, the Beatles would have broken up a lot earlier. I really admire Paul, as he was the one who did not anger easily, made compromises and was the rock of the band. I just happen to like poetry and Paul was a song writer. Nothing deep except for Eleanor Rigby. One helluva a song. My favorite, next to Nowhere Man. I just like the chorus of that song. I would not have seen Paul in concert 7 times if I did not love his music. He got better as a soloist as time went by. His debut album was trashed. The next album, RAM, was much better. I also liked the fact that he was a family man and didn't own anything huge like Friar Park or Tittenhurst. Most of his homes had two bedrooms. He liked land, to keep away his fans. But they always found him and he was always polite to them, while John, at times, was rude. Reminds me when Kate Hepburn told her fans, go sit on a tack. I met her myself and she was very rude to me when I was only doing my job.

In the end, the two Beatles with issues were John and George, and they both had poor childhoods. Paul had a very supportive childhood, even though some of his family died early. His father always encouraged him and his music and was a musician himself. He played the piano. I really do blame part of John's problem was that he felt abandoned as a child. He was. But I should have said, I liked Paul and John equally. I suppose it's because I am still upset that he got murdered at the age of 40. I passed John and Yoko several times in NY and never said a thing to them, though a craved to ask him for his autograph. And I don't like Yoko. Period. Nothing can change my mind about her. I do believe she was a con artist and she and her then hubby Tony Cox planned at first to try and get close to John and steal money from him. Instead she dropped Cox like a hot potato when she knew she could have John, his money and ride on the coattails of his fame. Ever wonder why Yoko's very wealthy Japanese family called her the black sheep and treated her miserably, before she even met John? To me, she behaved like a whore in order to advance her phantom worthless artistry. That was before she met John. Then two days after his death she developed a romance with Sam Hatodtoy and dressed him in dead Lennon's clothes. He then move into The Dakota six months later. I agree with what many art/music critics and those who knew Yoko: as a "no-talent charlatan." And that ridiculous bed in was all Yoko.

BG: How do you really feel!  Seriously I think you're a great Beatles fan after my own heart. Paul was a musical teacher for Lennon, having an old man who was a musician, and Lennon was the literary conscience and editor of the group. What a partnership. Like no other ever.  There are so many times that one of them did something in a song, using a chord a certain way etc. where they both ended up exploring that thing around the same time, of course brilliantly.

Lennon was older and the leader and his songs were better earlier, more A-sides for him. Then Paul caught up around Revolver and it was just ridiculous. I think that's when John had his crises and drug issues and began to cede the leadership.

I love the first two Mac records, Every night, Maybe I'm amazed, Junk (get the title...could it be about John?)  And i think John was very disappointing after the Beatles. His great work was front loaded earlier than Pauls.

I agree with all of the above. I just didn't write everything down because my replies were getting too long. I don't know if Junk was a bash to John, but I do know that they both trashed each other with a song. I recall John's being,  How Do You Sleep? In that song, he mentioned, all you are known by is Yesterday. John hated that song because it was the most popular one and he always wanted to be A#!.  But after John died, the song, Imagine, topped Yesterday in sales by a large margin. I forget what the title was of Paul's song was but I'm sure I'll listen to it sooner or later. I think Junk is actually a nice quiet and mellow song. I don't believe it is bashing John. He wrote it before The Beatles broke up. There were just too many lawsuits after the Beatles broke up, involving all sort of people and themselves. It cost them a lot of money in attorney fees. You recall post George's song, This Song? That's about the Chiffon's lawsuit that he lost. What he was trying to say was that no matter who won, nobody won but the lawyers. Also George at times liked to play little tricks. When he sung Taxman on Revolver (that and Rubber Soul are my faves), someone coughed right before they played it? Well, when he was pretty much forced to go to Japan by Eric, and played Taxman, someone also coughed, on purpose this time.

I also recall an interview with Dick Cavette with Ringo and George. George told Ringo for the first time on air that he was suing him. Ringo replied, that's OK, just one other suit. I still like you. And I do believe that John's drug abuse escalated to the point of him being rather zombie like, hence very lazy. He just didn't care anymore. Drugs will not make a person motivated. I just wish their dentist hadn't put a tab of LSD into their coffee. He also fell into that trap after Sean was born. He was no father to either of his kids! And Yoko did not lift a finger to help her child. Sean considered his nanny to be his mother. Yoko did not stop that. I would have hated to work in that nut house! What really pisses me off if you wiki Yoko, you'll see that she has three children. Sean, the Japanese girl who she tried to get her hands on but was thwarted by Cox, and the third one was Julian. TG Cyn is dead or she would have been appalled. And I do think after all of those suits had been settled, Paul was no longer the outcast, as he did induct John into the Hall of Fame. I believe he played Let It be. Ironic, no? Maybe that was his way of saying, now, all is well between us. But he was still pissed at the other three Beatles so that's why he was a no show when The Beatles were inducted. Mick Jagger had to do it, among too many people to count, like Chuck Berry. George made fun of Paul after the induction was finished. One reporter asked him if he missed Paul and George said no, but he missed a really great show. We did fine w/o him.

Gilly: Glad to see you live in a safe place. I have heard that Liverpool and Hamburg are rough cities.