Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A Beatles reunion after their 60s breakup?

[be...]

HI: I was browsing in YouTube and I found this. Can it be true or did I miss something? Is this is a real reunion of The Beatles after their breakup? You'll see all four of them, tho Paul runs the show. John does not sing, but plays background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYD1k9GJDGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHwKx544868

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=852nbJPJpww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSfSDg8hyCY

MY PMS ARE TURNED OFF

2000. C/T 13 mg Xanax

2003-2014, 3 to 10 mg K for severe w/d

C/O to 70 mg of V.

200 mg Seroquel

300 mg Trazodone

11/1/15: C/T 700 mg Gabapentin.

Dec. 2015. Klonopin Free!!!!!

56 mg, from 70 Valium

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Lewis Carroll

Hi there, I watched the first one. I'm not buying it. To my knowledge the four of them never shared a stage again after the breakup. In most of the footage it's clear that Paul and Ringo are not young men. They both look well past 40. Lennon was gone by then. He looks to be added in by whoever made this video. Those are clips of him with the Plastic Ono Band. And you'll notice there are no full shots that show us all four men on the stage together. Someone's making b.s. videos.  :)

Well I will say that my favorite beatles song is Lady Madonna. And guess what my first name is, it's Madonna!

And all along I thought you were married to a Prince of England............ :laugh:

That's fake as a 3 dollar bill (;0)  There is a bootleg of Paul, John, maybe Ringo and Stevie Wonder, called "A Toot and a Snore in '74" They do Lucille and some jams. It wasn't very inspired hence the title.

Probably...........

Just took another look. Some of the clips of Paul clearly shows the Live 8 concert sign. That took place about 2005 if memory serves. John and George both gone, and I don't think Ringo was there.

It's right there in the description ... Click on "show more".

P.S - The reunion was made possible by EDITION! Please do not help make the dream over asking stupid questions or making obvious conclusions. If you are still considering the possibility that this actually happened, that means I'm pretty good. :P

Not a bad job!

:thumbsup:

All right then! Discuss what you liked and disliked about each guy:

John: sexy and challenging. Kind of a dangerous aura about him, great song-writing and great voice. Bad marks: dreadfully bad and neglectful father to Julian and very cruel to Cynthia. He could be a bastard.

George: I liked his spiritual yearning, he was good looking, and his songwriting became top-notch. Also a wry sense of humor.

Paul: cute and appealing, but a huge ego. I became annoyed with his more "cutsy" songs, but he could rock when he wanted to (Helter Skelter).

Ringo: he was adorable in his own way, and seemed a good natured guy. Very likeable.

Not a Beatles fan at all!  But do like several of their songs covered by other artists.

Dislike:

Paul's voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me. No idea why he was the lead singer, every one of the three others have/had much nicer voices.  IMO.

Those cutesy bobbsey songs, aaargg!

Like:

The three others as solo artists.  Without Paul.

I did get to see Ringo and The All Star Band live many years ago, great seats about 6 rows from the front, outdoor concert.  Awesome, awesome!!! 

And I liked The Traveling Wilburys too. 

John: sexy and challenging. Kind of a dangerous aura about him, great song-writing and great voice. Bad marks: dreadfully bad and neglectful father to Julian and very cruel to Cynthia. He could be a bastard.

George: I liked his spiritual yearning, he was good looking, and his songwriting became top-notch. Also a wry sense of humor.

Paul: cute and appealing, but a huge ego. I became annoyed with his more "cutsy" songs, but he could rock when he wanted to (Helter Skelter).

Ringo: he was adorable in his own way, and seemed a good natured guy. Very likeable.

John: A risk taker and politically incorrect. Had the talent of singing differently when needed (like I'm Only Sleeping), great poet, very funny, well read and a crazy/genius. Bad: terrible temper and violent (he killed someone in Hamburg), needy, a momma's boy, acting w/o thinking, very lazy, low self esteem, the Lost Weekend, had a mental disorder, terrible musician (something went wrong with his fingers), forced Brain to tell Pete Best he was fired. And way too many drugs. Ignored Cyn and Julian, left them virtually anything in his will. Had bad paranoia.

Paul: The cute one. Nice voice, good businessman, held the Beatles together after Brian died, he never cheated on Linda, played the bass well and also the piano. Eleanor Rigby! Inducted John into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Write songs very quickly and easily. Wisely picked Lee Eastmen. Was the best at calming John down. He never cared for living in an expensive home, only wanted to be left alone. Bad: He dropped Jane Asher after so many years, has a big ego, tried to take musical control of all the members, had the nerve to tell the press he was quitting before he told his band mates, very few of his songs were "deep." Got stuck in prison in Japan for nine days. Duh! Hated John for a long time. Never showed up at the induction of The Beatles into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

George: Before he died, had mastered 29 instruments, Bang la Desh concert, Hated Yoko. All Things Must Pass (the greatest record I ever heard), very funny at times, didn't put up with too much BS, only got to record two songs on every album, great writer, great guitarist, stayed friends with Eric after Patty Boyd, NOT the quiet one, religious, Here Comes the Sun, loved Olivia, wrote songs for other artists, took down the guy who stabbed him seven times. TRAVELING WILBURY'S! Handle With Care. Great concert in Japan. Bad: Very moody, ate weird stuff, too much meditation, a religious freak, could be cruel for no reason, could not suffer fools gladly, spent too much money on Friar Park, hated John for a long while, owned too many super expensive  cars. Spent money he did not have. Lost lawsuit the Chiffon's filed against him for My Sweet Lord.

Ringo: What's not to like about him? Stayed at the same alcohol rehab with me. Very funny, never moody, never caused problems. Bad: Could not write, could not sing well, after all these years, never mastered any other instruments.

Not a Beatles fan at all!  But do like several of their songs covered by other artists.

Dislike:

Paul's voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me. No idea why he was the lead singer, every one of the three others have/had much nicer voices.  IMO.

Those cutesy bobbsey songs, aaargg!

Like:

The three others as solo artists.  Without Paul.

I did get to see Ringo and The All Star Band live many years ago, great seats about 6 rows from the front, outdoor concert.  Awesome, awesome!!! 

And I liked The Traveling Wilburys too.

How funny that you can't stand Paul's voice. I think it's quite good. It's interesting how different people's ears and personal taste can be. Actually, in the Beatles he was never the lead singer. Each guy sang lead on whatever songs he wrote, and the others would add harmony vocals.

I bet it was great seeing Ringo's All Star Band. What fun!

John: A risk taker and politically incorrect. Had the talent of singing differently when needed (like I'm Only Sleeping), great poet, very funny, well read and a crazy/genius. Bad: terrible temper and violent (he killed someone in Hamburg), needy, a momma's boy, acting w/o thinking, very lazy, low self esteem, the Lost Weekend, had a mental disorder, terrible musician (something went wrong with his fingers), forced Brain to tell Pete Best he was fired. And way too many drugs. Ignored Cyn and Julian, left them virtually anything in his will. Had bad paranoia.

Paul: The cute one. Nice voice, good businessman, held the Beatles together after Brian died, he never cheated on Linda, played the bass well and also the piano. Eleanor Rigby! Inducted John into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Write songs very quickly and easily. Wisely picked Lee Eastmen. Was the best at calming John down. He never cared for living in an expensive home, only wanted to be left alone. Bad: He dropped Jane Asher after so many years, has a big ego, tried to take musical control of all the members, had the nerve to tell the press he was quitting before he told his band mates, very few of his songs were "deep." Got stuck in prison in Japan for nine days. Duh! Hated John for a long time. Never showed up at the induction of The Beatles into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

George: Before he died, had mastered 29 instruments, Bang la Desh concert, Hated Yoko. All Things Must Pass (the greatest record I ever heard), very funny at times, didn't put up with too much BS, only got to record two songs on every album, great writer, great guitarist, stayed friends with Eric after Patty Boyd, NOT the quiet one, religious, Here Comes the Sun, loved Olivia, wrote songs for other artists, took down the guy who stabbed him seven times. TRAVELING WILBURY'S! Great concert in Japan. Bad: Very moody, ate weird stuff, too much meditation, a religious freak, could be cruel for no reason, could not suffer fools gladly, spent too much money on Friar Park, hated John for a long while, owned too many super expensive  cars. Spent money he did not have. Lost lawsuit the Chiffon's filed against him for My Sweet Lord.

Ringo: What's not to like about him? Stayed at the same alcohol rehab with me. Very funny, never moody, never caused problems. Bad: Could not write, could not sing well, after all these years, never mastered any other instruments.

Wow, Benzogirl, you know your Beatles! John killed someone in Hamburg? I have never heard about this. Can you provide more details? I know he was a very messed up guy emotionally and mentally. And don't get me started on Yoko. No respect for a second wife who approves of - even encourages - the abandonment and financial screwing of the child born of the first wife. There was plenty of money for Julian and Cyn - no reason except cruelty to deny them a fair share of the Lennon estate. I hope that after she is gone, Sean will be fair to his older brother. I do not know what sort of relationship the two sons have with each other. I can't imagine Yoko ever encouraged much of a friendship between them.

George worked hard to master music, as I understand it did not come easily to him as a boy. But he sure did blossom and became so talented. I agree that All Things Must Pass is a masterpiece - the best of any Beatle solo effort. My favorite song from that album is Beware of Darkness. I got a kick that you put under your list of George positives "hated Yoko".  :)

Ringo - did you actually meet him when you were in the same facility? I had a step-brother who said he was in a mental illness facility with James Taylor way back in the day. He said Taylor would sit and talk for hours to the guy in the chair next to him. Except that chair was always empty. Yipes.

Hey, Paul sung more songs than John did. I can't understand why anyone doesn't like Paul, as he's so likeable. I could understand why some would not like John tho. If you read all of the books, you'll know why. I just read 7 of them. Read JOHN: By Cynthia Lennon. She portrays him kinder than he really is.... I forgot to mention bad about John: HE WAS CHEAP, even with all of that money. But he's my fave anyway. I like weirdos.

Wow, Benzogirl, you know your Beatles! John killed someone in Hamburg? I have never heard about this. Can you provide more details? I know he was a very messed up guy emotionally and mentally. And don't get me started on Yoko. No respect for a second wife who approves of - even encourages - the abandonment and financial screwing of the child born of the first wife. There was plenty of money for Julian and Cyn - no reason except cruelty to deny them a fair share of the Lennon estate. I hope that after she is gone, Sean will be fair to his older brother. I do not know what sort of relationship the two sons have with each other. I can't imagine Yoko ever encouraged much of a friendship between them.

George worked hard to master music, as I understand it did not come easily to him as a boy. But he sure did blossom and became so talented. I agree that All Things Must Pass is a masterpiece - the best of any Beatle solo effort. My favorite song from that album is Beware of Darkness. I got a kick that you put under your list of George positives "hated Yoko".  :)

Ringo - did you actually meet him when you were in the same facility? I had a step-brother who said he was in a mental illness facility with James Taylor way back in the day. He said Taylor would sit and talk for hours to the guy in the chair next to him. Except that chair was always empty. Yipes.

Yes don't get me started on James. He was a heroin addict for a long time and if you read: Boys in the Trees, by Carly Simon, you would hate his guts. Also, I forgot to mention Paul hated Yoko as well. :) ( so did I, she must be 95 by now and had some guy move into the Dakota with her two days after Lennon died. She never loved him and only wanted his name and money. And she was just an awful artist)  Ringo could care less except Yoko did the unthinkable which all of them hated: she attended studios sessions. That was one reason for their breakup. Cyn Lennon died earlier this year and Julian and Sean are best friends now. John's sister, Julia is now in the poor house as Yoko stopped sending her money that was required in John's will. Yoko also sold her house as well as John's dad's house and kept the money for herself, which she blew right off. I.HATE.HER.GUTS.

Yes, I spoke with Ringo while at Sierra de Tuscon. (But I never mentioned The Beatles, only as another addict) But I was in there for benzo detox and he and his wife, Barbara Bach, were in there for alcohol. His X Maureen died at the age of 47. (If you read the books Ringo drank quite quite heavily for a long time) John left her $800 million and now it is down to $300 million. She only spends money on herself and some for Sean as she can't get out of his trust fund.

John had a terrible temper and was very violent, especially when he got drunk. He was in Hamburg for the 1st time as a Quarryman and liked to pick on people weaker than he was. He and Stu got stiffed and when they left their "place," John saw a man who was poor. He kept kicking him until he died, and they both took off and nobody found out. John regrets it and he also blamed himself for Stu's death as he hit him hard on the cheek and then Stu died at the age 22 from a head injury, while married to Astrid. He couldn't play, anyway. He was a good artist. But I traced it down and John hit him on the right side of his face and Stu got that injury on the right top of his head. My fave song of George is All Those Years Ago. I think from the 33 1/3 album. This was released as a single soon after John died. He actually originally wrote that song for Ringo but changed the words once he heard that John died. Paul also wrote a tribute song to him.

Ask me anything about The Beatles/post Beatles and I'll have an answer. I saw Paul in concert 7X, I was watching an Elton John concert and John came on and I also heard John speak when I was a little one, about his deportation. I was very lucky to see the bang la desh concert as well. John was supposed to be there but when he found out Paul was playing, he skipped out, only to be replaced by Bob Dylan and Eric. (Yoko told him not to go; he wanted to but mother said no) BTW, Yoko always prided herself as being the biggest con artist ever. She said so in a LA Times article that I read. She also said she was glad to be rid of John finally as she was about to serve him with papers. What an Ass-H***! Never saw Ringo, didn't care to tho I should have as I have audio version of those concerts and they came out well. George was also a perfectionist and sometimes it took 200 takes for a single song which is one reason he played so few songs. But they had t give him the nod for Something, as it was the only George song that was listed #1 on their albums.

You still on holiday Bets?

I live about 30 miles from Liverpool. Would like to see the Beatles Experience there when I feel a bit better.

I always liked John best but you are putting me off him! Would you blame some of his behaviour on his childhood?

Gilly x

Yes don't get me started on James. He was a heroin addict for a long time and if you read: Boys in the Trees, by Carly Simon, you would hate his guts. Also, I forgot to mention Paul hated Yoko as well. :) ( so did I, she must be 95 by now and had some guy move into the Dakota with her two days after Lennon died. She never loved him and only wanted his name and money. And she was just an awful artist)  Ringo could care less except Yoko did the unthinkable which all of them hated: she attended studios sessions. That was one reason for their breakup. Cyn Lennon died earlier this year and Julian and Sean are best friends now. John's sister, Julia is now in the poor house as Yoko stopped sending her money that was required in John's will. Yoko also sold her house as well as John's dad's house and kept the money for herself, which she blew right off. I.HATE.HER.GUTS.

Yes, I spoke with Ringo while at Sierra de Tuscon. (But I never mentioned The Beatles, only as another addict) But I was in there for benzo detox and he and his wife, Barbara Bach, were in there for alcohol. His X Maureen died at the age of 47. (If you read the books Ringo drank quite quite heavily for a long time) John left her $800 million and now it is down to $300 million. She only spends money on herself and some for Sean as she can't get out of his trust fund.

John had a terrible temper and was very violent, especially when he got drunk. He was in Hamburg for the 1st time as a Quarryman and liked to pick on people weaker than he was. He and Stu got stiffed and when they left their "place," John saw a man who was poor. He kept kicking him until he died, and they both took off and nobody found out. John regrets it and he also blamed himself for Stu's death as he hit him hard on the cheek and then Stu died at the age 22 from a head injury, while married to Astrid. He couldn't play, anyway. He was a good artist. But I traced it down and John hit him on the right side of his face and Stu got that injury on the right top of his head. My fave song of George is All Those Years Ago. I think from the 33 1/3 album. This was released as a single soon after John died. He actually originally wrote that song for Ringo but changed the words once he heard that John died. Paul also wrote a tribute song to him.

Ask me anything about The Beatles/post Beatles and I'll have an answer. I saw Paul in concert 7X, I was watching an Elton John concert and John came on and I also heard John speak when I was a little one, about his deportation. I was very lucky to see the bang la desh concert as well. John was supposed to be there but when he found out Paul was playing, he skipped out, only to be replaced by Bob Dylan and Eric. (Yoko told him not to go; he wanted to but mother said no) BTW, Yoko always prided herself as being the biggest con artist ever. She said so in a LA Times article that I read. She also said she was glad to be rid of John finally as she was about to serve him with papers. What an Ass-H***! Never saw Ringo, didn't care to tho I should have as I have audio version of those concerts and they came out well. George was also a perfectionist and sometimes it took 200 takes for a single song which is one reason he played so few songs. But they had t give him the nod for Something, as it was the only George song that was listed #1 on their albums.

Can you tell me your source for the killing in Hamburg? I'd like to see where that came from. Surely not a Lennon interview... did Cyn say something about it in her second book? I read her first one, "A Twist of Lennon", but never read "John". I did hear she went after Aunt Mimi in the second book about what a difficult woman she was.

Stuart Sutcliffe did have a brain tumor, and apparently was also attacked by some guys one night after a gig and John helped fight them off. Never heard that John had punched Stu.

You actually attended the Concert for Bangladesh? OMFG!! What a wonderful thing to have experienced. So many greats were up on that stage - Clapton, Leon, Jesse Ed Davis, Billy Preston, the Badfinger guys. Dear sweetheart Pete Ham doing that lovely duet with George on Here Comes the Sun. I still think the best live jam of all time was the Leon Russell Jumping Jack Flash thing. So much energy and total fun.

You still on holiday Bets?

I live about 30 miles from Liverpool. Would like to see the Beatles Experience there when I feel a bit better.

I always liked John best but you are putting me off him! Would you blame some of his behaviour on his childhood?

Gilly x

I'm back! Glad you don't live IN Liverpool. lol Yes, John's behavior can all be traced to his childhood. He had a sailor dad so was never around (until John got popular he he) His mother, well, she went out partying every night and never took care of him, left him in his crib all night alone, so he was a scared man. AKA she was a whore, but fun and full of laughter so John liked that. He wished he never went to live with Mimi. Then he went to live with his Aunt Mimi who was like the step mother  in Cinderella. She felt she was high on the horse social wise even though she was not. Even when he become very well known, she always called or sent him a letter that said, "John, you will never amount to anything. BTW, when is the Ed Sullivan show?" He felt abandoned and that's why he dump Cyn as Yoko is a very strong woman and told me what to do, what to wear, when to eat, etc. People say John stopped his career to take care of Sean, but in reality he didn't. He ignored him and yelled at him. He spent most of his days during that 1975-1980 period doing all sorts of bad drugs, sleeping most of the day, and he loved to watch TV and read, read read.  He spent weeks on end in his very large bedroom, which he did not share with Yoko. He was so smart that he could remember verses by some obscure poet or philosopher that he read 10 years ago. He had OCD so he took a bath 12X a day and washed his hands 40X a day. He drank 40 cups of coffee a day. Like father, like son. He was depressed because of the Beatles breakup and lost his Muse. He only ever got it back when he was not with Yoko. One of his best post Beatles albums he recorded on his Lost Weekend: Rock & Roll. May Ping was far better for him than Yoko. Had he lived, he and Yoko would have been divorced as both parties talked about it. But during that lost 18 month period, Yoko called him 30X a day to keep track of him and tell him what to do. She also hired PIs to keep track of him in LA. She is a devil to me.

He would have been far happier and more productive if he never married her. Cyn was a wonderful lady, very pretty and all she cared about was John and Jude and the family she so much wanted to be together. That song used to be called Hey Jules, but John thought it was about him, so Paul changed it to Hey Jude. As that's what he was called at home. He felt abandoned all of his life so that's why he and Yoko were always seen together. His real family was The Beatles and both he and Paul said they would eventually get together and do a reunion and that the both of them would write together again. His feeling of being left alone caused him, from a very young age, to be a rebel and pick fights whenever he could find one. He beat up too many people to count, and never apologized and didn't care if they were hospitalized. He never visited any of them. he slapped Yoko around a lot and even went as far as to put her face on a lighted gas range. Too bad for her. :laugh:

Finally, he realized he was better off with May and came back home to NY and lived with her. That's when he made the Double Fantasy album. He found his muse again and was no longer depressed and was very happy w/o Yoko. But since he listened to other people as he had very low self esteem, and Yoko figured out she might lose out on his money, so she convinced him to come back to The Dakota. During that 75-80 period, he looked like he was 65, lost a lot of weight, was very gaunt and in horrible psychical and mental shape. Even all of his good friends, like Eric, Jim Keltner and that crazy Phil Spector thought he was much better off with May. She wrote about about him, but I am having a hard time finding it. He also took so much LSD every day during that period. Enough for 20 people. He smoked cigar size pot, smoked ciggies lighting one from the other and snort lots of cocaine. Now wonder why he looked like shit! If he was not murdered, he would have probably died within 3 years anyway of a heart attack. So the long and the short of it: His life was ruined by being abandoned. He felt very much ignored by Mimi and she eventually she she should have killed herself for being so mean to John.

There is no proof that Lennon killed anyone in Hamburg. The rumor has contexts and a questionability factor that it would be better to explain rather than just say "murderer," certainly for someone whose work we all love. Right? Google has no results declaring John a killer anyway.

My theory about The Beatles is that Lennon ran out of gas to compete with McCartney song by song and as he was burning himself up Paul caught fire as a songwriter. It was too much for John and he was not into it anymore after that. Look at the songs Paul had, wrote or was coming up with around the "Let it Be" sessions vs johns. (Get Back, Let it be, Two of us, Long and winding road, I got a feeling, another day, Teddy Boy, Junk...vs... Don't let me down, I dig a pony)  Johns last big spurt was in India. To me this is the whole source of Johns taking up with Yoko and retreating from the group, and saying I don't believe in Beatles and all that.

One demerit for John is that he didn't care to participate in Georges sessions.

There is no proof that Lennon killed anyone in Hamburg. The rumor has contexts and a questionability factor that it would be better to explain rather than just say "murderer," certainly for someone whose work we all love. Right? Google has no results declaring John a killer anyway.

My theory about The Beatles is that Lennon ran out of gas to compete with McCartney song by song and as he was burning himself up Paul caught fire as a songwriter. It was too much for John and he was not into it anymore after that. Look at the songs Paul had, wrote or was coming up with around the "Let it Be" sessions vs johns. (Get Back, Let it be, Two of us, Long and winding road, I got a feeling, another day, Teddy Boy, Junk...vs... Don't let me down, I dig a pony)  Johns last big spurt was in India. To me this is the whole source of Johns taking up with Yoko and retreating from the group, and saying I don't believe in Beatles and all that.

I agree with the ones I put in bold faced. And John did not care for George.........John did not like that he was a perfectionist and took too much of his time. I also believe, IMO, he was jealous of his playing...........John never played the guitar well. fwiw~~Junk was the title written in India by Paul, was turned down for The White album and later Abbey Road. It first appeared on Paul's debut album called McCartney. Teddy Boy was not in Let It Be. Across The Universe was one of John's greatest pieces of poetry. It didn't even needed to be sung, just put in a poetry book. And don't forget One After 909 and For You Blue and Maggie Mae. And both John and Paul sung Two of Us...........

And John was always into new and strange things. He was very curious aka his trip with Brian to Spain soon after Julian was born when he should have been with his son. He was very selfish. Only someone like John would find it fascinating and consider it art of a woman hidden in a bag. He was still my favorite Beatle. And he owned 5 apartments at the Dakota, his next door neighbor was Lauren Bacall. None of them had any stairs and that was good because he was so unhealthy that he could not climb them. And Yoko needed very little sleep so she most often slept on the couch in her office, one of the apartments. They were all white from head to toe except for one room which they made black. And John was very ignorant in business affairs while Paul was head's up. Lee Eastman actually saved much of the Beatles money as he proved Klein took money from them. If not for Eastman, the three Beatles would be broke. John picked Klein and Klein and Eastman eventually sued each other and it ended up that Klein took some money of their royalties for every Beatle album. Klein was a crook and if you don't believe me just ask Mick Jagger.

I agree with the ones I put in bold faced. And John did not care for George.........John did not like that he was a perfectionist and took too much of his time. I also believe, IMO, he was jealous of his playing...........John never played the guitar well. fwiw~~Junk was the title from the Anthology series, and Teddy Boy was not in it. And Across The Universe was one of John's greatest pieces of poetry. It didn't even needed to be sung, just put in a poetry book. And don't forget One After 909 and For You Blue and Maggie Mae. And both John and Paul sung Two of Us...........

Yes BG, but Across the Universe was made in psychedelic 1967 and never appeared on LP. They put it on there for the reason that Lennons contributions were skimpy at the time, proving the thesis. One after 909 was likewise an ancient song, giving Lennon another vocal to keep him interested.  They both sang Two of us but it was McCartneys great gift to come up with that song, for Linda, and have it work as a duet with John summing up their lives. I got a feeling was a cowrite with two pieces put together, but it was Pauls energy that drove it.

Paul wrote Get back at the sessions completely and it was a huge undeniable single. Teddy Boy and Junk (Jubilee) had been White album songs passed over at the time, but got hearings at Let it Be sessions, as did Another day. Lennon was working on things that he never finished, like Mean Mr Mustard, that Paul took the initiative to use for the Abbey Rd Medley.

To me Paul took over the band, but I don't blame him. He knew the band was dead without John and I think they were on eggshells about his states of mind. Meanwhile Lennon let it die by passive aggressive behavior like bringing Yoko into the recording sessions, and letting her sit on Pauls Amp etc.

I agree with all of the above. I just felt that despite John's later disinterest, he was a poet while Paul was not. Paul, soon after the Beatles started to become famous, quietly took control and kept them together for as long as they were. I think perhaps their three tours in America stressed them out so much that even George said, after the Philippines incident, right then and there he wanted to quit. He later became somewhat of a recluse, only enjoying playing music with his close friends. But he could be very nice to them and then a minute later would turn on them. But he wanted to keep busy, hence things like The Traveling Wilburys and Monty Python. I believed he became depressed because he was always looking for a path in life after The Beatles, and could not find it. He lost his Muse, if indeed he ever had it.

He was very moody, just like John. He was always music music music. And India. He carried his guitar everywhere, even during his sun rise visits in his big garden. If not for Paul, the Beatles would have broken up a lot earlier. I really admire Paul, as he was the one who did not anger easily, made compromises and was the rock of the band. I just happen to like poetry and Paul was a song writer. Nothing deep except for Eleanor Rigby. One helluva a song. My favorite, next to Nowhere Man. I just like the chorus of that song. I would not have seen Paul in concert 7 times if I did not love his music. He got better as a soloist as time went by. His debut album was trashed. The next album, RAM, was much better. I also liked the fact that he was a family man and didn't own anything huge like Friar Park or Tittenhurst. Most of his homes had two bedrooms. He liked land, to keep away his fans. But they always found him and he was always polite to them, while John, at times, was rude. Reminds me when Kate Hepburn told her fans, go sit on a tack. I met her myself and she was very rude to me when I was only doing my job.

In the end, the two Beatles with issues were John and George, and they both had poor childhoods. Paul had a very supportive childhood, even though some of his family died early. His father always encouraged him and his music and was a musician himself. He played the piano. I really do blame part of John's problem was that he felt abandoned as a child. He was. But I should have said, I liked Paul and John equally. I suppose it's because I am still upset that he got murdered at the age of 40. I passed John and Yoko several times in NY and never said a thing to them, though a craved to ask him for his autograph. And I don't like Yoko. Period. Nothing can change my mind about her. I do believe she was a con artist and she and her then hubby Tony Cox planned at first to try and get close to John and steal money from him. Instead she dropped Cox like a hot potato when she knew she could have John, his money and ride on the coattails of his fame. Ever wonder why Yoko's very wealthy Japanese family called her the black sheep and treated her miserably, before she even met John? To me, she behaved like a whore in order to advance her phantom worthless artistry. That was before she met John. Then two days after his death she developed a romance with Sam Hatodtoy and dressed him in dead Lennon's clothes. He then move into The Dakota six months later. I agree with what many art/music critics and those who knew Yoko: as a "no-talent charlatan." And that ridiculous bed in was all Yoko.