Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Microsoft was just ordered to stop Windows 10 from spying on users

[no...]

I didn't upgrade to windows 10, I was wary about upgrading to windows 10, and believe when it comes to  corporations  there is definitely no such thing as a ''free lunch'' or ''launch'' and after reading the link below I am even more glad I never jumped at the 'Free upgrade'' circus and fell for the hype ???

http://technewsnow.com/news/microsoft-was-just-ordered-to-stop-windows-10-from-spying-on-users

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...
I almost updated, but after talking it over with my husband (he does NOT trust Microsoft) we decided to wait.  I sure am glad I did!

It was inevitable.  Microsoft wants to become the new Google.

The really bad buzz I read about is that by 2021 they will move to one of the open source software's and ALL programs will need to be RENTED!!  No more "PAY AND USE IT FOREVER"

That's right, you will need to pay a monthly fee to use 99% of the most popular programs.  Going to get expensive.  If you do not pay they shut it down over the internet.

That will really suck.

It was inevitable.  Mircosoft wants to become the new Google.

The really bad buzz I read about is the by 2021 they will move to one of the open source software's and ALL programs will need to be RENTED!!  No more "PAY AND USE IT FOREVER"

That's right, you will need to pay a monthly fee to use 99% of the most popular programs.  Going to get expensive.  If you do not pay they shut it down over the internet.

That will really suck.

Gads, I cannot afford that. Even when I recently bought my laptop it came with barely anything, and I had to pay $150 just for the Office programs. And no more CDs that you can share. Yes, it does suck big time! :tickedoff:

Betsy

It was inevitable.  Micrsoft wants to become the new Google.

The really bad buzz I read about is that by 2021 they will move to one of the open source software's and ALL programs will need to be RENTED!!  No more "PAY AND USE IT FOREVER"

That will really suck.

Gads, I cannot afford that. Even when I recently bought my laptop it came with barely anything, and I had to pay $150 just for the Office programs. And no more CDs that you can share. Yes, it does suck big time! :tickedoff:

Betsy

The best way to guard against this is to buy a few older machines and hoard them. Keep win 7 or 8 on them only.  They may be the last generation of machines that can use common bootlegged (shared software) software that runs for free and forever.

Photoshop as an example will cast $39.95 per month to rent or they shut it down if you don't pay.

A full software suit may cost $300.00 a month to rent!!  Adobe already does this and soon everybody will.  Stop paying and just like cable TV they will just cut you off. 

Smart people will start hoarding this last generation of older machines with the permanent  and pirateable software!!!!  They will go up in value by 300% experts say.  You just watch what happens in the next 10 to 12 years.  Start a small stock pile of computers now and load them with as many sharable programs as you can find among your friends or user group. 

I have seen 3 year old used  lap tops and desk tops with i5 chips running Win 7 FULLY loaded down with every conceivable software imaginable and selling on ebay for under $100.00 bucks.  IT'S A GOLD MINE WAITING TO HAPPEN! Get ready!

:thumbsup:

That's good to know. I should  have thought it myself. But where does one buy one with all of the software packages?  And can you upload other apps as well?

The best way to guard against this is to buy a few older machines and hoard them. Keep win 7 or 8 on them only.

Birdman,

Are you saying that my WindowsXP Dell laptop with all the CD’s including disks that came with the computer when I purchased it some 7 years ago will be worth something in the future? I will just keep it then, unless I’m offered a sum I can’t refuse. I’ve actually been thinking about getting rid of it, since this benzo nightmare seems to want to hang around FOREVER. Just too sick to use it. There are reasons I could be using it….but again, just too sick.

I can't stand Microsoft.  I can't even get my MS Security Updates downloaded anymore since they have the Windows 10 hogging up their servers.  Microsoft does spy on us through Windows 10.  I knew that.  Microsoft will only support Windows 7 security updates until 2020. 

As if Bill Gates needs any more money. He is already the richest person on this planet. He makes Warren Buffet look like chump change. >:D

Good grief! I was going to purchase a new pewter, I'm now using an old relic Windows 7, which I love, but it's running out of memory and I don't know how to clean up my disc. Think I'll just put up with it as long as I possibly can. I had a Windows 8 pewter that I returned, because I hated it! It seemed too complicated for my simplistic mind!  :laugh: 

Good grief! I was going to purchase a new pewter, I'm now using an old relic Windows 7, which I love, but it's running out of memory and I don't know how to clean up my disc. Think I'll just put up with it as long as I possibly can. I had a Windows 8 pewter that I returned, because I hated it! It seemed too complicated for my simplistic mind!  :laugh:

I use SparkTrustPC CleanerPlus to clean out my garbage. Norton helps as well.

Thanks for the tip, Bets, Think I'll try the SparkTrust one. Haven't tried that yet, I'm assuming it can be ordered online? 

Thanks for the tip, Bets, Think I'll try the SparkTrust one. Haven't tried that yet, I'm assuming it can be ordered online?

Yes, you can order it online, and then they will clean up your computer and you'll see on your screen what they do, but then you'll have to pay for it. Becks idea is good as well. But if you decide they did not clean up your computer to your satisfaction, you don't have to pay for it. Good luck. I just cleaned mine last night and boy, did they have to delete a lot of crap. Now it works faster.

Betsy  :)