Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taking the Red Pill- the importance of being aware of your own best interest

[Fl...]

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [co...]

• [az...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, sorry floridaguy. I inadvertently opened a can of worms and ran off everybody. It's obvious I'm not welcome. I'll leave.

FG's insistence that blue pill = disagreeing with his personal favorite youtuber, and red pill = agreeing with his personal favorite youtuber seals the deal for me though, LOL!

That's not what I said at all. I don't agree with everything he says. I said that someone's reaction to his views on that one specific topic will show how plugged in they are. It is something that the statistics show is universally BAD for children and BAD for society, yet society encourages and supports people who make these poor choices that affect innocent children and society as a whole.

Anyone who can't see through that twisted logic is still taking the blue pill.

I just think it's a good idea to question things and ideas/"ideals" all the time and be as awake as possible without going insane.

I'm for women's rights as far as equal pay and having equal opportunity in business, politics and the same liberties that men are afforded, etc.

There aren't too many people who would argue that women shouldn't have the same basic rights as men but if you are interested in questioning things as you said the first thing I would recommend looking into is the pay gap issue. That is a blue pill myth that has been thoroughly debunked.

You also might want to look at feminism in general with a more critical eye. Women's rights aren't a bad thing but as per the topic of this thread you MUST be critical of just about everything because other people don't always have your best interests in mind, even if they claim that they do. Studies have shown that women's happiness has decreased in lock step with the rise of modern feminism and I think that's a pretty good indicator that women are being sold a bill of goods.

Are other people trying to help you become a happier and healthier person, or are they trying to fill you with lies and hate to serve their own agenda? This thread is all about asking yourself those tough questions. It is very important to do this because I can guarantee you that psych drugs aren't the only thing that we are told is "good" that can harm us.

Wow, sorry floridaguy. I inadvertently opened a can of worms and ran off everybody. It's obvious I'm not welcome. I'll leave.

Nothing to be sorry about and I really hope you don't leave the thread. This is an important topic and people are starting to wake up to the fact that the world is full of these pretty lies but if we don't discuss these tough issues people will continue to become victims.

Why can't we have a reasonable conversation?

If your argument is based entirely on emotion this thread probably isn't for you because that is the very definition of blue pill. I do welcome new ideas and I am open to changing my opinions though so if anyone has any pertinent facts I would love to hear them.

But please, keep it civil and avoid making this a political thing.

Why can't we have a reasonable conversation?

If your argument is based entirely on emotion this thread probably isn't for you because that is the very definition of blue pill. I do welcome new ideas and I am open to changing my opinions though so if anyone has any pertinent facts I would love to hear them.

But please, keep it civil and avoid making this a political thing.

I think that's fine... I never meant it to sound like I was attacking anyone here or getting overly emotional. I appologize if I did do either of those things. Open discussion I think is a good thing to be able to have, too. I agree to steer clear of politics, I'm sorry I went there but also I just didn't want to condone a certain someone and some things in the politics, or appear to be supporting them (maybe shouldn't have mentioned it at all, I just couldn't stand appearing like I may have.)

I don't feel judgement toward anyone on this thread, nor do I dislike anyone here.

Also, I should have read more before I commented at all. My brain is pretty challenged right now in w/d and I'm just too tired to do enough research to have anything relevant to say at this point.

I thought the purpose was to question our assumptions, even if they ultimately prove to be correct. So I was questioning everyone's, including my own. Some ideas must be so sacrosanct they must not be questioned. What if those are the only ideas worth questioning? I'm not afraid to question anything and that must scare people. I'm really not a scary guy, lol. I married my highschool sweetheart 31 years ago and have 11 children, including one son who is a concert pianist. I run my own business and have female and minority employees. I volunteer at the senior center down the road. I'm no saint but also no demon. I feel as though I've been harshly judged but so be it. I will continue to question and gobble up every red pill in sight, lol.

I thought the purpose was to question our assumptions, even if they ultimately prove to be correct. So I was questioning everyone's, including my own. Some ideas must be so sacrosanct they must not be questioned. What if those are the only ideas worth questioning? I'm not afraid to question anything and that must scare people. I'm really not a scary guy, lol. I married my highschool sweetheart 31 years ago and have 11 children, including one son who is a concert pianist. I run my own business and have female and minority employees. I volunteer at the senior center down the road. I'm no saint but also no demon. I feel as though I've been harshly judged but so be it. I will continue to question and gobble up every red pill in sight, lol.

I like what you said here and I (personally) have not felt you or FG are offensive or scary at all.

I'm too tired to go back and read, or to research anything (as I've said), but I'm cool here- I should have kept quiet but I just want to clarify that I don't feel upset at all toward anyone here.

Thanks azalea. How about a thought experiment? You take the side of a male chauvinist and I will take the side of a feminist. How's that for challenging our assumptions? :D You're probably scared because you men are all alike; tough bullies on the outside, scared little boys on the inside! ;)

I think that's fine... I never meant it to sound like I was attacking anyone here or getting overly emotional.

You're cool....I wasn't directing my post at anyone in particular.

Also, I should have read more before I commented at all. My brain is pretty challenged right now in w/d and I'm just too tired to do enough research to have anything relevant to say at this point.

I totally get that. Cognitive issues have been my worst symptom.

And just for the record, this thread isn't about endorsing anything but finding the truth.

I thought the purpose was to question our assumptions, even if they ultimately prove to be correct.

You nailed it right on the head.

Some ideas must be so sacrosanct they must not be questioned. What if those are the only ideas worth questioning?

And that's a big part of the problem. We have these issues that drastically affect individuals and society that are pretty much off limits for discussion. So what we end up with are these huge, festering problems that will never go away as long as discourse is verboten

I'm not afraid to question anything and that must scare people. I'm really not a scary guy, lol. I married my highschool sweetheart 31 years ago and have 11 children, including one son who is a concert pianist. I run my own business and have female and minority employees. I volunteer at the senior center down the road. I'm no saint but also no demon. I feel as though I've been harshly judged but so be it. I will continue to question and gobble up every red pill in sight, lol.

Having experienced all of that it's no wonder you are willing and able to think critically. You really have to consider the source of information. People's opinions are suspect when you know they are speaking out of pure emotion with zero real life experience to back up their ideas. Life experience has a way of providing some very valuable perspective.

Thanks azalea. How about a thought experiment? You take the side of a male chauvinist and I will take the side of a feminist. How's that for challenging our assumptions? :D You're probably scared because you men are all alike; tough bullies on the outside, scared little boys on the inside! ;)

Haha!  :D  ;)  :-X

Hmmmmm.

Been following, wish I weren't so compromised so I could articulately throw in my two cents.  But I'll take a shaky stab anyway, so bear with me.

So this is how it went down for me.  I started reading with great interest, wondering where this would lead.  BB has some truly brilliant minds, much admiration, and I enjoy the to and fro (civil) exchanges.  Then some disinterest set in (when it started branching off topic, no biggie).  Then frustration hit because I was impatiently hoping/waiting for someone to help me out and voice my main thoughts for me ;D.  Then annoyance!  Yes, the political stuff, let's not do that, folks.

Okay, that's my preamble.

I'm pulling the reins in and coming full circle back to FG's very first post. 

This is not a political post. This goes much deeper than politics and it is possible to be lied to from all sides of the politcal spectrum which makes it that much more important to learn how to swallow the red pill. It's ugly, it's bitter, and it's BIG. But once you learn how to swallow it you will start to see things that you were blind to in the past and you will be able to make better decisions with your own best interests in mind.

This comes the closest to my immediate reaction:

I think part of the problem is deceit. Who knows which pill is red or blue when people are painting them different colors? It's like the movies when they're debating whether to cut the red wire or the blue wire to diffuse the bomb. In real life, the bomb maker paints them all black! Read through the comments on this thread and you'll see that one person's blue pill is another's red. Where is truth?

Great points. I actually just logged on to say something similar after watching a bit of FG's recommended Stefan Molyneux videos. All I can say is that we have fundamentally different retinas for interpreting the red vs. blue color spectrums!

Seriously though, much of what we interpret as "truth" will be colored by our own experiences, genders, cultures, race, backgrounds, hormones, countries of origin, privilege, education, spiritual views, level of development, etc, etc. The human experience contains both greed and generosity, peace and war, love and hate. There are many truths for different people on different levels of existence. Integral theory (which weaves together all of the insights from the different pools of knowledge) can help us navigate through this, but it is unfortunately rarely taught, and most people prefer dualistic perspectives in any case (liberal vs. conservative, capitalism vs. communism, greed vs. generosity, etc). The fact that everything and its opposite can contain some truth is usually too much for people to handle, at least over the internet!

Maybe I should be addressing FG specifically.  Seems to me you have a tendency to paint things with a very broad brush.  Black and white (or red and blue).  The reality is life just does not work that way, as you very well know.  There are always many other specks of color interspersed (intentionally or unintentionally) within each bristle of that brush ... and particularly within that red pill.  And for a plethora of different reasons, not excluding those stated by Confused and mutuuraia. 

To what extent does that red pill even exist?  No matter how hell bent one might be, searching high and low, how can we ever be sure what we've just swallowed is 100% red?  Or perhaps we unknowingly swallowed only a portion of the pill?  Therefore, I maintain that no matter what, it's beyond our power to not swallow some blue pill each and every day.

Also, depending on a myriad of other factors, there may be specific occasions when "attempting" to take the red pill may be the best course of action, and at another time and place for that same person, it may indeed be in their best interests (mentally, physically, healthwise) to make a conscious choice to swallow the blue pill.

(I'll stall on commenting on Stefan Molyneux for now, trying to stay on topic).

I'll end off by saying I totally agree with you that it's always good to try not to be naive and gullible, to educate ourselves as much as we can, and to be critical thinkers.

That's not what I said at all. I don't agree with everything he says. I said that someone's reaction to his views on that one specific topic will show how plugged in they are. It is something that the statistics show is universally BAD for children and BAD for society, yet society encourages and supports people who make these poor choices that affect innocent children and society as a whole.

Anyone who can't see through that twisted logic is still taking the blue pill.

See, comments such as these, in my opinion, point to you being the one taking the blue pill, FG.  And yet you so adamantly believe you (and Molyneux) are taking nothing but 100% red pills. 

Final thought, as I can't go in-depth into specific examples, but I'm sure the majority of people would all ideally love the happy forever marriage, the healthy and well-adjusted kiddies, and the white picket fence.  Life's complicated, very, very complicated.  People, by virtue of being human are complicated.  Sh*t happens.  Even if we think we swallowed the red pill, sh*t will still happen.  What on Earth do you expect society to do in this less than perfect world?  I guess I just don't understand why you'd choose this particular topic as an example.  Or Molyneux!  But like I said, I'm not going there now.  >:D

Oh, and statistics?  Surely, you're not still buying into all those BS statistics?  They're often nothing more than garbage in and garbage out.  (Btw, I'm not necessarily suggesting that in this case, as evidenced by my paragraph above).

Head scratching.  :-\

Over and out.

:smitten:

[e8...]

Thank you, ABCD, this is exactly why I bowed out of this thread (well, other than the fact that it's still difficult for me to engage like this). We all have our own ideas about what aspects of "reality" have been hidden from us in the form of blue pills, and eventually I realized it was pointless to argue about it. From my perspective, one of the biggest blue pill issues facing our culture is the idea that we are programmed for greed and corruption. So for me, taking the red pill means realizing that we are not destined to perpetuate greed and injustice, and that another world is not only preferable, but possible. Of course, to others, this idea is ludicrous and the very definition of a blue pill. This is where their lives, education, and experiences have brought them - what's the point in arguing about it? Going through this profound illness has changed me to the core, and has caused me to reject all instances of injustice with a passion and understanding that would not have been possible if not for this experience. It has opened me up to the fact that growth and transformation are possible, and has given me much hope for humanity. But it could have just as easily closed me off and made me cynical.

Stefan Molyneux's videos did piss me off, but I don't believe this is because I'm living in some sort of fake and unquestioned reality. They pissed me off because they are reductionistic, because they fail to understand the complexities of this world, and because they are devoid of the qualities that I find most sacred and important when addressing subjects of inequality: love, compassion, tolerance, and understanding. If someone wants to think that's delusional blue-pill thinking, so be it. I've got no desire to argue about this anymore.

Thank you, ABCD, this is exactly why I bowed out of this thread (well, other than the fact that it's still difficult for me to engage like this). We all have our own ideas about what aspects of "reality" have been hidden from us in the form of blue pills, and eventually I realized it was pointless to argue about it. From my perspective, one of the biggest blue pill issues facing our culture is the idea that we are programmed for greed and corruption. So for me, taking the red pill means realizing that we are not destined to perpetuate greed and injustice, and that another world is not only preferable, but possible. Of course, to others, this idea is ludicrous and the very definition of a blue pill. This is where their lives, education, and experiences have brought them - what's the point in arguing about it? Going through this profound illness has changed me to the core, and has caused me to reject all instances of injustice with a passion and understanding that would not have been possible if not for this experience. It has opened me up to the fact that growth and transformation are possible, and has given me much hope for humanity. But it could have just as easily closed me off and made me cynical.

Stefan Molyneux's videos did piss me off, but I don't believe this is because I'm living in some sort of fake and unquestioned reality. They pissed me off because they are reductionistic, because they fail to understand the complexities of this world, and because they are devoid of the qualities that I find most sacred and important when addressing subjects of inequality: love, compassion, tolerance, and understanding. If someone wants to think that's delusional blue-pill thinking, so be it. I've got no desire to argue about this anymore.

Those don't sound like videos I'd want to watch at all.

Side note: I do love and care about males in general, I just don't love or care for chauvinism. I could never pretend to be a male chauvinist, I'd get too sick in the process... Would probably need to throw up.

Mutuuraia,

I happen to think your ideas about love, compassion, tolerance and understanding are beautiful! Whether or not you are a Christian you certainly have the values of one and I for one feel a little bit better about the world knowing that people like you are a part of it! Thank you for not being afraid to say what you feel and be who you are!!!😙

Mutuuraia,

I happen to think your ideas about love, compassion, tolerance and understanding are beautiful! Whether or not you are a Christian you certainly have the values of one and I for one feel a little bit better about the world knowing that people like you are a part of it! Thank you for not being afraid to say what you feel and be who you are!!!😙

I agree, and thank you from me too.

Maybe I should be addressing FG specifically.

Glad you decided to join the discussion. You seem to be a very reasonable person who is open to gaining something from these kinds of discussions, and as I told you in my PM I respect that because that is how I learn as well.

Seems to me you have a tendency to paint things with a very broad brush.  Black and white (or red and blue).  The reality is life just does not work that way, as you very well know.  There are always many other specks of color interspersed (intentionally or unintentionally) within each bristle of that brush ... and particularly within that red pill.  And for a plethora of different reasons, not excluding those stated by Confused and mutuuraia.

Good point. Lots of things are open to interpretation. What's important is being honest with yourself when you formulate your opinions. And a big part of the point of this discussion is to not allow your emotions to color your perception when it comes to important topics.

To what extent does that red pill even exist?  No matter how hell bent one might be, searching high and low, how can we ever be sure what we've just swallowed is 100% red?  Or perhaps we unknowingly swallowed only a portion of the pill?  Therefore, I maintain that no matter what, it's beyond our power to not swallow some blue pill each and every day.

Absolutely. It's very hard to tell what is red pill and what is blue pill, especially when other people have interests in promoting certain lies and half truths as facts. No one is 100% red pill because we all have emotions and these emotions color our perceptions. Add in the propaganda that we are fed to promote other people's agendas and it's pretty much impossible to avoid the blue pill.

Also, depending on a myriad of other factors, there may be specific occasions when "attempting" to take the red pill may be the best course of action, and at another time and place for that same person, it may indeed be in their best interests (mentally, physically, healthwise) to make a conscious choice to swallow the blue pill.

This is another very good point. I don't want to veer off into religion territory but I'm sure some would say that spirituality is a form of blue pill, but even though I am not personally religious I acknowledge that religion has done some good things for the world.

Matter of fact Molyneux is an atheist, but he has become increasingly more critical of atheism and talks a lot about the benefits that religion provides.

(I'll stall on commenting on Stefan Molyneux for now, trying to stay on topic).

Oh, but that is on topic! I would love to hear your thoughts on that.

A bitter red pill that I've had to swallow in my life is that men don't want women in superior positions over them in the workplace, especially if it's a male-dominated industry.  I've worked all my life and have heard men berate, criticize, joke about and put down any woman who is in a position of authority or management over them.  Even women who are coworkers with men in a male-dominant industry get marginalized and her opinion is rarely considered even if she has the right answer and better at getting a result.  She can talk until she's blue in the face and most men won't listen to her good ideas on how to get a job done.  My one friend made a comment a few years ago about women in his industry.  He said, "They're nice to look at, but they need to stay out of the workplace."  I've heard that comment many times over the years.  Some men in the workplace are also intimidated by women who are smarter than they are too.  I've seen that alot.  There seems to be alot of power struggles that go on with men and women in the workplace and even at home.  I've gotten the opinion that men do like to be in control and would prefer that women stay at home barefoot and pregnant and have dinner waiting for him when he gets home.  I'm sure I'll piss someone off here, but that dynamic kept showing itself to me all my life:  that men prefer women to be subservient and not compete with them.  I guess their remarks are:  If you can't run with the big dogs, then don't get off the porch.  So women have to compete especially hard with men to get anything accomplished.  Maybe it's just blue-collar jobs?  I swallowed the blue pill when I was in school and schools encouraged good innovative ideas in me and my dad gave me a blue pill growing up and encouraged me to use my intelligence to its maximum.  Then when I got into the workplace or even here at home, any good ideas I had and knew would work, would get ignored or argued with by the men.  I got abused alot by my one boss who was not too smart and didn't have the experience I had doing lab work.  He always got mad at me when I would question what he was teaching and training me to do and when I tried to show him in the written manuals why it wasn't correct.  I don't think men like to discuss things with women in the workplace.  Maybe it just depends on the industry a woman is in?  Even more timid men and men who don't like to compete and argue in workplaces take a beating.  I've seen that.  Male-dominated industries, like construction and inspection work, is difficult for women.  I worked in the road-building industry and was put through hell by the men and tough male-like women who worked in it, and there were only a few.  Just expressing my experiences in this life working with men and male-like women.  I'd like to hear both men and women on this thread about this issue.  I don't understand it?  I feel like I haven't been able to work to my potential at any job without alot of effort and abuse by men.  I don't find women to be a problem working with in the workplace when I try to give my input and knowledge, only the men.  I feel like they want me to get out of the way. 

See, comments such as these, in my opinion, point to you being the one taking the blue pill, FG.  And yet you so adamantly believe you (and Molyneux) are taking nothing but 100% red pills.

Please see my last reply where I explain that no one is 100% red pill. I prefer to look at is as a journey of enlightenment.

Final thought, as I can't go in-depth into specific examples, but I'm sure the majority of people would all ideally love the happy forever marriage, the healthy and well-adjusted kiddies, and the white picket fence.  Life's complicated, very, very complicated.  People, by virtue of being human are complicated.  Sh*t happens.  Even if we think we swallowed the red pill, sh*t will still happen.  What on Earth do you expect society to do in this less than perfect world?  I guess I just don't understand why you'd choose this particular topic as an example.  Or Molyneux!  But like I said, I'm not going there now.  >:D

What I would hope society would do is to use logic and reason to solve its problems. We can all throw our hands up and say "Well, we're all going to die someday anyway so we might as well go out in a blaze of glory" but that doesn't solve anything and we all have to get up tomorrow and face another day, whether it is our last day on earth or if we will be around for another 60 years and no one knows how long we will be stuck here so I think it is in our best interests to find rational solutions to our problems.

The reason I chose the topic of single mothers is because it is a controversial subject that is non political in nature and it should allow a person to gauge whether or not they are ready to accept the red pill.

If the subject upsets you, you should ask yourself why. Is it because the facts are incorrect, or is it because it is an uncomfortable truth and you were taught not to be critical of people?

Please watch this video in its entirety, and keep an open mind- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1xf78EltKM . After the 10 minute mark he starts to get into some very enlightening statistics that illustrate how and why single motherhood is a serious problem, mainly for children and society. I didn't even realize how deep the problem goes until watching some of his videos on the subject.

Molyneux was raised by a single mother, BTW.

Oh, and statistics?  Surely, you're not still buying into all those BS statistics?  They're often nothing more than garbage in and garbage out.  (Btw, I'm not necessarily suggesting that in this case, as evidenced by my paragraph above).

I agree, we have to be careful where we get our information, but why are you telling me that I shouldn't believe them if you aren't suggesting that they are incorrect?

From my perspective, one of the biggest blue pill issues facing our culture is the idea that we are programmed for greed and corruption. So for me, taking the red pill means realizing that we are not destined to perpetuate greed and injustice, and that another world is not only preferable, but possible.

If you are implying that this is what I believe, you must have misread. What confused1 and I are saying is that self interest (what you are universally labeling as greed) is a normal and beneficial part of human existence. If we didn't all look out for #1 first and foremost, our species would have died out long, long ago and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Humans are also prone to traits on the opposite end of the spectrum such as altruism, and they are both part of what has allowed our species to thrive. There is lots of great new information emerging in the field of evolutionary psychology that can help explain all of this in detail if you are interested.

Of course there are people who take both to extremes but what you consider to be excessive greed isn't going to go away just because you don't like it and if we don't account for that fact our problems are only going to get worse.

Of course, to others, this idea is ludicrous and the very definition of a blue pill. This is where their lives, education, and experiences have brought them - what's the point in arguing about it? Going through this profound illness has changed me to the core, and has caused me to reject all instances of injustice with a passion and understanding that would not have been possible if not for this experience. It has opened me up to the fact that growth and transformation are possible, and has given me much hope for humanity. But it could have just as easily closed me off and made me cynical.

If you were truly interested in finding the truth you would make an attempt to present a counterargument instead of getting upset and threatening to leave. I like to hear opposing views but if all you can say is that you reject all instances of injustice with a passion and you have no information to back up your ideology that just leads me to believe that you only wish to form opinions based on emotion without any regard for the facts. How do you think that is going to help solve any problems?

Why would it piss you off for someone to break down an issue to its core and state the facts? He states his opinion but he uses tons of stats to back up his claims.

There is nothing wrong with "love, compassion, tolerance, and understanding". Matter of fact I think we can all agree that we could use more of that in the world. But trying to stifle the truth just because it is unpleasant doesn't resolve injustices, it creates them.

I was never able to find how and where single mothers came in... I guess I'm pretty lost in w/d land.

Maybe it's because I haven't watched the videos.

There seems to be alot of power struggles that go on with men and women in the workplace and even at home.

There are, but the reasons for this (and for some of the other issues you mentioned as well) stem primarily from the physical and psychological differences between the sexes. Blue pill people want us to believe that everyone is the same but the reality is that men and women have different strengths, weaknesses, temperaments and desires and the problems come in when people try to work against these natural strengths and weaknesses instead of with them.

I've gotten the opinion that men do like to be in control and would prefer that women stay at home barefoot and pregnant and have dinner waiting for him when he gets home.  I'm sure I'll piss someone off here, but that dynamic kept showing itself to me all my life:  that men prefer women to be subservient and not compete with them.

Men in general absolutely do prefer submissive women (the word subservient is a divisive term) and that is 1000% healthy and natural biological thing. Men and women are yin to the yang. No one criticizes women who like dominant men, so why would anyone criticize men for desiring these kinds of women?

This is a hypocritical, divisive argument that is promoted by modern feminism and it ties in with what I mentioned above about the differences between the sexes. We are biologically wired to desire certain things in a mate. That is how our species survives and thrives.

I guess their remarks are:  If you can't run with the big dogs, then don't get off the porch.  So women have to compete especially hard with men to get anything accomplished.  Maybe it's just blue-collar jobs?  Maybe some men could provide some input and insight into this problem.  I swallowed the blue pill when I was in school and school's encouraged good innovative ideas and my dad gave me a blue pill growing up and encouraged me to use my intelligence to its maximum.  Then when I got into the workplace, any good ideas I had and knew would work, would get ignored or argued with by the men.

I'm not going to argue that your claims are not valid but are you sure that you were treated a whole lot differently than men? The workplace is a competitive environment inside of a competitive environment. Business owners have to keep employees on their toes because contrary to popular belief it isn't easy to run a profitable business, and each employee has to compete inside the company to ensure that they keep their job and make as much money as possible. It's a dog eat dog world and I've experienced everything you mentioned from male and female bosses so this isn't unique to women.

Lots to respond to, FG, I'll have to come back when I'm able.

By the way, yes of course I did my homework before commenting.  I went in search of the red pill.  ;)  Already watched that video, AND another one of his on single moms, this one:

https://youtu.be/GMYX__Z6hvEI  ::) ::)::)

Plus why he changed his mind on climate change.  Plus 5 mins of "The Truth About Circumcision" Plus the UK "Trapped in a Cult" video about him.  Plus an "ex-member's" experience with him. 

Plus this article:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/controversial-podcaster-listened-in-on-therapist-wife-and-clients-lawsuit-alleges/article22158708/

See now why I didn't want to go off topic about him?  Maybe that's for another thread, okay?  When I come back I'll keep our blinders on and stay on point.

:smitten:

[2d...]