Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Who lost their life to psychiatry? Were you misdiagnosed and polydrugged?

[be...]

I would like to know who else was misdiagnosed with a mental disorder and put on numerous medications. I lost my career to these quacks after I was put on numerous medications and was left slurring my words. I lost my career. I lost 20 years of my life. I am trying to get back what I can. I am now med free and wondering now what?.

Anyone else with a similar story?

welcome to reality.

All patients that I met and who were intelligent, sorry to be so honest, were put under too much medications and I think many were misdiagnosed. How should they? 1 nurse for 30 patients. The doctor was 25 years old.

Too less stuff, much stress, let Lorazepam rain over everyone. No one was without Lorazepam. No one.

Anyone who was new - hello, here is the blue one for you.

They did it for security reasons they said because they were understaffed.

And the diagnoses were put on patients so fast that it was crazy.

I have seen how many they earned for which diagnose and so it became clear to me why so many had a bipolar problem :idiot:

Today I question any diagnose at all. It is not important which diagnose you have, I think, therapy strategies are very often similar. Its important what kind of person you are and how you can learn. And I question if a drug can be the solution. I am so unhappy that I have learned that pharma lobbyism decides how patients are treated, and money decides what you have for diagnose and what you have to take as drug.

Sorry for the long comment.. its so sad and makes me mad.

Hi:

I lost 15 years of my prime working life due to benzos. I.HATE.THEM. Far too much meds for far too long when I saw a psych from Cleveland Clinic who promised me she would not put me on an addictive drug. This is what she said. It still burns in my head. "Oh, don't worry about Klonopin. It's an anti seizure med and besides, you'll be on it for the rest of your life." :tickedoff: It still pisses me off after all of these years. I am now into 30 months of tapering. Then I'll have to heal and have no retirement money as they are only laying off people in my profession. I may have to answer phones. :'(

Betsy

Hi:

I lost 15 years of my prime working life due to benzos. I.HATE.THEM. Far too much meds for far too long when I saw a psych from Cleveland Clinic who promised me she would not put me on an addictive drug. This is what she said. It still burns in my head. "Oh, don't worry about Klonopin. It's an anti seizure med and besides, you'll be on it for the rest of your life." :tickedoff: It still pisses me off after all of these years. I am now into 30 months of tapering. Then I'll have to heal and have no retirement money as they are only laying off people in my profession. I may have to answer phones. :'(

Betsy

I was told that "an addiction is not so bad as people say".

She was right. It was worse.

In my case 7 years lost.

Hi:

Betsy

In my case 7 years lost.

What fool told you that? Your doc? ???

Hi:

Betsy

In my case 7 years lost.

My doc which gave me Zolpidem to sleep after any other non-addictive drug had no effect.

The doc who gave me Lorazepam said: "its not addictive if you taper it in 2 weeks. You can do that in your holiday"

nice, right?

Very nice. You should invite him to dinner.... :crazy:

You know what I would put into his cocktail!  >:D

"I get so sleepy, don't know why?"

"oh, just drink up. It won't be so bad as people tell you.."

:oops:

Not really my thread, but after reading Marigold's last post:

I'd like to force my GP to take 4 mg clonazepam a day for a few months, followed by a C/T. Maybe add a shot of Haldol if he starts losing it while in W/D ...

Not really my thread, but after reading Marigold's last post:

I'd like to force my GP to take 4 mg clonazepam a day for a few months, followed by a C/T. Maybe add a shot of Haldol if he starts losing it while in W/D ...

I say he take the same amount I took: 10 mg..................

..and please don't forget to tell him that "WD does not exist! Its all in his psycho-brain! no one else has a problem. That must be something he HAD before - perhaps a depression!"

>:(

Hi:

Betsy

In my case 7 years lost.

My doc which gave me Zolpidem to sleep after any other non-addictive drug had no effect.

The doc who gave me Lorazepam said: "its not addictive if you taper it in 2 weeks. You can do that in your holiday"

nice, right?

When the quack wrote my first script for Xanax, I was worried about addiction.  I asked him directly if it was addictive.  He said, yes, it can be addictive, but not within the first three months of use.  That was 20 years ago.  And here I am.  It's not that it ruined my life, but it made it very miserable.  And I'm yet to find out how much brain and CNS damage it has done.

In my case it was so crazy because I knew that the hole stuff they gave me would make me addicted but I had no choice. Thats double shit.  >:(

My primary care doc prescribed first benzo ever after suicide of my brother...she then just kept prescribing over and over year after year never really explaining the strange symptoms and side effects I experienced.  Then one day out of the clear blue sky she said no more benzos. No taper, no exit strategy just stop. Truly traumatic....I dont believe I'm over this entirely yet....

• 4 weeks later...

My primary care doc prescribed first benzo ever after suicide of my brother...she then just kept prescribing over and over year after year never really explaining the strange symptoms and side effects I experienced.  Then one day out of the clear blue sky she said no more benzos. No taper, no exit strategy just stop. Truly traumatic....I dont believe I'm over this entirely yet....

I would not be over that. Sorry about your brother. That is sad. :'( I ruined so much of my life from my original prescriber who promised me that K was not addictive as it is just an anti seizure drug. And stupid me, I listened to her for years on end.. I generally sent her nasty emails every couple of months as she is on the kick back list also.

Betsy

My son wrote my old pdoc a long very opinionated letter. Described in detail just how his life had indirectly been negatively affected by her incompetent prescribing practices. It was epic! And I am glad he did....

My son wrote my old pdoc a long very opinionated letter. Described in detail just how his life had indirectly been negatively affected by her incompetent prescribing practices. It was epic! And I am glad he did....

Sorry to hear about your brother. I hope I’m not out of line here by adding…HOW do these doctors sleep at night? Apparently without a conscience…at least when it comes to prescribing benzos. :(

You may have just posed the quintessential question of this millennium....

Total head scratcher....for sure...

Thx by the way. Its been a long time💛💛

HOW do these doctors sleep at night?

They sleep in their big mansions on a pile of money given to them by the big pharmaceutical companies!  Seriously, I'm not even joking about this.  One of my pdocs recently retired and lives close to me.  I drove by the pdoc's house after seeing an older photo of it on Google Street View.  I couldn't believe how big this place was (probably seven times the size of my home) and the pdoc is the only person who lives there!  They say that psychiatrists are one of the lowest paid medical professionals.  I don't believe that at all!

To the OP, be thankful that you made it off all the meds after 20 years.  Now you have a chance at life.  You can do whatever you want to do now.

To the OP, be thankful that you made it off all the meds after 20 years.  Now you have a chance at life.  You can do whatever you want to do now.

Thanks for the good sentiment. I really do appreciate it. I have made it off of these horrendous drugs but I am not healed nor do I feel good at all. I don't feel that I have made it to anywhere yet. Everyday is a struggle to survive. My thoughts are off and I don't feel like I am living. I have never been as down as I am right now. I do know that medication is not the answer right now. I have quite an aversion to them. I see them and pdocs as the enemy. My pdoc of 3 years is the biggest pill pusher in this area. I detest that man. I understand that some people need these meds but I feel that I was duped into taking them and they cost me a tremendous amount of my life.