Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

working while withdrawaling?

[Pr...]

I'm just wondering if it's normal not to work while while withdrawaling from medication. I honestly feel nonfunctional in society at this time. I could work on my good days maybe, but I have far too many nights I can't sleep to function the next day

Hi Prolove

I am working part time and that is the only way that I can work right now. I could not handle full time work. I am not sleeping well. My sleep is very short and broken. I lay in bed and have much anxiety about working as I know I am not well rested. I need to have some extra income so I am hanging in there so far. This is not easy. I spend most of my time off just resting or trying to get some sleep. 

[3a...]

I worked throughout.  It was tough at times (especially the first month).  Sleeping 1-3 hours a night definitely didn't help, but I didn't die (or get fired).  And it gave me a lot of 'normalcy' during an otherwise very abnormal time in my life.

Just have to find a decent work environment.

Alternatively, consider doing some volunteer work. 

Are any of you on medications to help you sleep so you can work?

Hey,  I take over the counter "zzz quil" every night to help me sleep.  I take them and listen to a sleep hypnosis cd on my ipod and I've been able to sleep at night.  Prior to coming off of benzos I didn't need anything - but without sleep I don't have much of a chance at a good day.  Hope this help!? - Eric

Melatonin helps me a lot with the sleep issues (although I try not to take it all the time). I just need to make sure I take it early enough or I'll be pretty groggy in the morning.

Of course, it is. I'm on holiday right now but I'm scared to come back to work with a tiny 0.2 mgs of Klonopin in my body.

Taking other temporary drugs may relief anxiety. I was suggested Trazodone (I use it as sleep aid but it could help during the day too) and Seroquel, but didn't add any of them yet.

I use several supplements to reduce the intensity of withdrawal symptoms. I highly suggest the ones that aren't direct GABA agonists!

I use magnesium citrate, L-theanine, Bacopa, niacin and zinc.