Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I have a work problem. Help!

[be...]

I know this is not a benzo issue but I really want you guys' help with this...

I needed a part time job so I applied for a security position and got it. Well, I know how I got the job. The company is really crappy to it's employees and they have a huge turnover rate. On my day of orientation, one of the guys who ran it acted like he was a police officer and was very intimidating. It was almost comical. It was over the top. I didn't think much of it. I accepted a uniform size after I tried it on but did not think that it would be too small if I sat down.

So I called my boss and asked for a larger size. He said sure thing. He never followed through. About a week later, I called back and left a voice message. He did not call me back. Then a few days later, I took the clean shirts to the office so I could exchange them. I was told that the shirts that they got in had an odor and they had to be sent out to be cleaned and they turned me away without any shirts. I asked if they were going to call me and they said yes. They never called me back. It's going on two weeks. So I brought it up to two supervisors. One said "what you mean they didn't have any of the ones hanging up? He shook his head and said to call a head boss. The other supervisor was going to email 4 people for me and try to get them. The supervisors do not have access to them. That was two days ago and I have heard nothing.

What is the ****ing big deal about getting 3 different size shirts? Is this a type of harassment since I am female and these shirts are mens? Another female employee said "you are getting the run around". I feel I am being messed with. What the hell do I do other than quit? Excuse my french but I have never had this type of problem before.

Maybe he is fucking with you. It does not seem that they would not have one size up and if they are mens sizes then they should have a size that either fits you or one size up. It does not seem like they would only sizes that are too small. So you have to have the right size shirt before you start? This time you have been waiting just for the right size so you can start?

Maybe he is fucking with you. It does not seem that they would not have one size up and if they are mens sizes then they should have a size that either fits you or one size up. It does not seem like they would only sizes that are too small. So you have to have the right size shirt before you start? This time you have been waiting just for the right size so you can start?

I already started. I am only asking for a 16 in mens. I have been working with a shirt that is too small for two weeks in this awful heat as most of the jobs are either outside or inside buildings without air conditioning. It is grueling. I don't see any way out except quitting. They are already hiring again. I have met all newly hired people. They are losing people as soon as they hire them. I know why. Are they messing with me? I think so but I cannot be sure. It is a shame and I have not done anything. Truly the worst company I have ever worked for. What are my options other than quitting?

What is the ****ing big deal about getting 3 different size shirts? Is this a type of harassment since I am female and these shirts are mens?

Nope. Thats not a female thing. Thats .. I call it "And here comes reality"-trash.

Its pure stupidity. Such companies are mess.

Don't think about it too much. You know its for money and not for always. Vent about it.

I ve been through that so many times. Persist on getting that damn shirt, no matter what.

But I would stay there, get the money. And meanwhile you can look for other better jobs, right?

I will never understand such dumb persons...

And if you are not successful try to do that until your brain is as small as theirs...

:brickwall:

Marigold

Yep Marigold

I am hitting my head against the wall and in the mean time applying for another part time job.  :thumbsup:

Yep Marigold

I am hitting my head against the wall and in the mean time applying for another part time job.  :thumbsup:

I wish you the best for that!! Would you be so kind and tell me how much one can earn with a part-time job in your country? With my I was on social help level.. I thought about the job thing for so many nights and I would earn more if I would clean houses instead of doing what my studies were meant for >:D - just give me a PN :thumbsup:

The fact that there is high turnover tells you a lot. It's good you are looking for a new job. :brickwall: I hear the pay is not so high either.

Betsy :)

Yep Marigold

I wish you the best for that!! Would you be so kind and tell me how much one can earn with a part-time job in your country? With my I was on social help level.. I thought about the job thing for so many nights and I would earn more if I would clean houses instead of doing what my studies were meant for >:D - just give me a PN :thumbsup:

I will PM you.

The fact that there is high turnover tells you a lot. It's good you are looking for a new job. :brickwall: I hear the pay is not so high either.

Nope the pay is crappy. I need to stay with these douche bags until I find another job. I just asked the Regional manager for a larger shirt. This is so ridiculous! I want to laugh but I am stuck in a hot polyester shirt that is too tight in this crazy hot weather.  :tickedoff:

Nope the pay is crappy. I need to stay with these douche bags until I find another job. I just asked the Regional manager for a larger shirt. This is so ridiculous! I want to laugh but I am stuck in a hot polyester shirt that is too tight in this crazy hot weather.  :tickedoff:

Thats one of the situation in which I try to figure out where the TV camera is hidden. This cant be real.

So sorry for you. Polyester, Heat and WD - you must sweat so much..

But you made me laugh - "douche bag" is one of the funny english words I learned from benzo buddies. People around me are asking where I get those words from.. ::)

:P

Thats one of the situation in which I try to figure out where the TV camera is hidden. This cant be real.

But you made me laugh - "douche bag" is one of the funny english words I learned from benzo buddies. People around me are asking where I get those words from.. ::)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's so funny. We use that here a lot. Mostly for men/companies who deserve it. :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's so funny. We use that here a lot. Mostly for men/companies who deserve it. :D

:D

I wonder why "douche"?? like "shower"??  :idiot:

Its funny but we say "Dummbeutel" and that would be in english: "dumb bag", but in the meaning its more like a person who is dumb, not an asshole.

I don't know where you live. Perhaps Germany? Anyway, Douche (sounds French, but the use a bidet) is a lady thing for her lady parts downstairs that is liquid and comes in a "bag" and the ladies use it to clean them out. Sorry, TMI but I could not resist. It's the kind of thing where men run like hell when you ask them to buy one or two. I prefer to stink. :D

Betsy

I don't know where you live. Perhaps Germany? Anyway, Douche (sounds French, but the use a bidet) is a lady thing for her lady parts downstairs that is liquid and comes in a "bag" and the ladies use it to clean them out. Sorry, TMI but I could not resist. It's the kind of thing where men run like hell when you ask them to buy one or two. I prefer to stink. :D

Betsy

O MY GOD!!!! :D

;D

I just googled it and now its understandable. Thats so funny!!!!!!! The first translation program did not know what kind of stuff there exists in good US.

still giggling!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But then my german word is wrong. But I cannot write down the german "translation" word for that.

I cant wait to call someone a douche bag.

its like as a child when you heard a "bad word" and couldn't wait to say it.. I whisper it... douche bag... douche bag..

Betsy

;D

I just googled it and now its understandable. Thats so funny!!!!!!! The first translation program did not know what kind of stuff there exists in good US.

But then my german word is wrong. But I cannot write down the german "translation" word for that.

its like as a child when you heard a "bad word" and couldn't wait to say it.. I whisper it... douche bag... douche bag..

Either they'll say  ??? or might hit you. :laugh:

Betsy

;D

Ok. I will never call a police officer that word in the US.

But I will whisper it next time I meet a stupid doctor, ok?? or say it with a cough.

Betsy

;D

Ok. I will never call a police officer that word in the US.

But I will whisper it next time I meet a stupid doctor, ok?? or say it with a cough.

If you say it to your doc, he'll probably say, Oh, I can put benzos in those bags.....

You girls are nutty.    :laugh:

I needed 3 large shirts, right?

Well the douche bags finally brought me 3 shirts tonight    :yippee:     

BUT  :P::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::) 

They brought me 2 Large and 1 Medium..... >:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

Let the Games Begin    :oXo:

Haha, lets make a bet what you get next:

A pullover (in summer)

A shirt in supersmall which will be too small

A jacket (you could wear a bra under it - why need large shirts?)

Oh man!! what douche bags!  :D

A pullover (in summer)

Oh Marigold. How did I get into this spot? I have a company that just isn't easy to deal with and jobs are not that easy to find. Some of the jobs I see have 25 applicants. I am just getting back into the work force after a long absence so I can't be so picky right now. I will keep looking for another job but I am stuck for now. Plus I don't feel very well from this withdrawal.  :P

And it is hot as hell right now.  What's with this HUMID weather in the midwest?

A pullover (in summer)

Oh Marigold. How did I get into this spot? I have a company that just isn't easy to deal with and jobs are not that easy to find. Some of the jobs I see have 25 applicants. I am just getting back into the work force after a long absence so I can't be so picky right now. I will keep looking for another job but I am stuck for now. Plus I don't feel very well from this withdrawal.  :P

And it is hot as hell right now.  What's with this HUMID weather in the midwest?

I used to live in Ohio and it was darn hot and then tons of snow. But today in New England the humidity is so thick you can cut it with a knife......

A pullover (in summer)

I used to live in Ohio and it was darn hot and then tons of snow. But today in New England the humidity is so thick you can cut it with a knife......

I can't believe how hot and humid it is this year for so many people. I don't remember it being so hot.

It always seemed hot to me in Ohio in the summer, but what a great state to live in! I'd move back anytime.......... :)