Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What's up with all the violence in the US now?

[Be...]

Just heard tonight on the news, a special report run as a ticker tape scroll along the bottom of the TV, that in Dallas, TX during a protest that 11 cops were shot.  Three have been killed, and three are now in critical condition.  All this news, also, about cops killing non-violent black men.  What has happened to this country?  It seems there are protests, riots and shootings breaking out everywhere?  Ppl. seem to be getting angry and going crazy all over the place. 

Welcome to the decline.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. The past has lots of lessons to teach us but a lot of people don't seem to understand that history will continue to repeat itself unless we change our trajectory.

Welcome to the decline.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. The past has lots of lessons to teach us but a lot of people don't seem to understand that history will continue to repeat itself unless we change our trajectory.

You could start off with some serious gun control down there.

Sorry Becks, but I will have to lock this thread,  these kinds of topics are best avoided and can lead to disputes and conflicts. 

This is what Colin posted last month:

All things considered, I think it best that we close down this thread and forbid similar discussion going forward (for at least the duration of the present US presidential campaign).

The BB Mission Statement:

BenzoBuddies: an inclusive, nonjudgmental mutual-support environment for those who wish to withdraw from benzodiazepines.

Members of the BenzoBuddies community are encouraged to exchange ideas, information and support during the process of withdrawal and recovery.

Although outside of the immediate scope of BenzoBuddies, members are free to discuss their wider medical problems and needs as they relate to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal.

Taking or quitting any medicine—including benzodiazepines—should be a personal decision made in consultation with a suitably qualified medical practitioner.

Through a peer-support model, we strive to help members achieve their goals.

Although I am loath to disallow specific topics for discussion, I think these type of subjects (especially in the present climate) are (at best) a distraction from the BB Mission, and are (probably more likely) a hindrance for many members.

So, please avoid comment on the US presidential campaign, Obama, Trump, yesterday's tragic events in Florida, guns, gun control, terrorism, religion, and any other incendiary topics.

We will review the situation after completion of the US election.

bold=my emphasis

Magrita

[29...]