Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Crazy things you did in your life

[Ma...]

Hello buddies,

I need inspiration. What crazy things did you do in your life that finally made you very happy?

Things you do without wondering long time about or things you did "intuitional"?

I start: I am a very tail first person but as I met my dog I took her no matter how sick I was. No regrets yet. I also bought a car as I fell in love with it  :smitten:

I am curious. What did you do ..?

Marigold

I went to Vegas by myself and had a great time. I was a stay at home mom with 2 young children under 8 at the time and needed a break. I went to a bunch of shows, spa'd it, people watched, gambled a tiny bit and stayed the Bellagio and then Mirage to change it up. I left them in the care of my wonderful husband who did not mind. I'm a bit of a loner anyways.

Actually I did that twice.

Becky  :smitten:

I flew to London (from north of Scotland) and went to the Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary concert by myself. I enjoyed it so much I then flew to New York two weeks later by myself and saw them again.  The second time I was standing right beside the stage.  It cost me thousands of pounds.  No regrets.  I had been ill and in bed for a couple of years (before all this withdrawal) and wanted to do something special.  I had not seen them since I was 11 years old - in 1965!!!  :D :D :D  I am so glad I did it as I have been stuck in bed ever since!!!!  >:( >:(

Fiona  :smitten:

I went to Vegas by myself and had a great time. I was a stay at home mom with 2 young children under 8 at the time and needed a break. I went to a bunch of shows, spa'd it, people watched, gambled a tiny bit and stayed the Bellagio and then Mirage to change it up. I left them in the care of my wonderful husband who did not mind. I'm a bit of a loner anyways.

Actually I did that twice.

Becky  :smitten:

YEAH!!! I love to travel alone, too. Strong women need some time alone. :thumbsup:

I flew to London (from north of Scotland) and went to the Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary concert by myself. I enjoyed it so much I then flew to New York two weeks later by myself and saw them again.  The second time I was standing right beside the stage.  It cost me thousands of pounds.  No regrets.  I had been ill and in bed for a couple of years (before all this withdrawal) and wanted to do something special.  I had not seen them since I was 11 years old - in 1965!!!  :D :D :D  I am so glad I did it as I have been stuck in bed ever since!!!!  >:( >:(

WOW!! Thats... AMAZING.. I feel something like that is coming in to my mind. I don't know what it is thats why I started this topic..the only thing I know is that I have to get elsewhere.. out of my cage here...

Please!! More input buddies!

I hope you can do something different, something which makes you happy. 

I should have said that the flights to and from New York were very difficult for me - I was still quite ill.  I wouldn't do it again, not unless I was well.  But still no regrets.  :thumbsup:

Hugs

I hope you can do something different, something which makes you happy. 

I should have said that the flights to and from New York were very difficult for me - I was still quite ill.  I wouldn't do it again, not unless I was well.  But still no regrets.  :thumbsup:

Hugs

I think the happiness was traveling exactly in this condition. Last year I spent only one week elsewhere alone, I was so sick, on top I had a flew, pure acute WD, after 2 hours in my car I drove at the side of the street and thought I would die. The first 2 days I thought I must be crazy. It was exhausting. And wonderful..

during my first college experience (when I didn't even know what benzos and these devil's meds were) I did a funnel challenge at a college party. I funneled a whole bottle of 99 banana rum. I was quite sick for three days! Yes, it was quite dumb but experiencing the college scene did make me happy at one point in my life when I had no worries. The whole point was I was free as a bird from any worries!

during my first college experience (when I didn't even know what benzos and these devil's meds were) I did a funnel challenge at a college party. I funneled a whole bottle of 99 banana rum. I was quite sick for three days! Yes, it was quite dumb but experiencing the college scene did make me happy at one point in my life when I had no worries. The whole point was I was free as a bird from any worries!

You are definitely a survivor... a whole bottle :D

so good that you had a time without worries in your life..

Hey Fiona: I must have seen The Stones 7 times. All at MSG.......They were very good until they were not very good. What do you think of Richards new CD?

This is what me and a friend did. We all wanted to go to the pub at college, but my smart friend was busy studying. We lived on the 4th floor. So we took all her books, set them on fire, and tossed them out the window. She wasn't very happy. Neither were our wallets. :crazy:

Betsy :)