Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Happy Independence Day

[Be...]

Happy July 4th to everyone.  Hope you had a nice day.  This is one holiday I do support:  Our freedom from British Imperialism and the Redcoats, who invaded our country and tried to take it over to put us under England's tyranny rule again.  Mel Gibson starred in a good movie about the real British invasion--not the music invasion--but I can't remember what it was?  He didn't want to fight them, but eventually had to when they tried to invade his personal land and home.  That's a just war, in my eyes.  When our country gets invaded, we need to defend it.  When someone comes into my home to take it over and will kill me in the process, then I have a right to defend myself with lethal force.

Hi Becks...

I wish you and all in the States the very best Happy 4th of July; though it's almost over!!  lol

To me, this day is a day of thanking our wonderful ancestors who braved total uncertainty, to leave their homelands to give themselves and their children, and future generations this,  the chance in life.  I never forget my maternal and paternal grandparents on this day, as I would not be in this country if it weren't for them..

Bless you Becks for your thread.  I'm sorry you didn't have more replies!

Hugs, Pattylu

Hey Becks,

I just saw this thread, too!

Hope you had a great 4th, as well. Mine was pretty boring. Wasn't up to going out, but I'm planning on having a better one next year after some more healing occurs!

~CeCe  :mybuddy: 

My 4th was horrible.  It rained hard all day and I stayed home by myself and ate rice for dinner and checked for roof, door and floor leaks from the rain.  Then it rained all night and scared the crap out of me.