Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Chances of pregnancy using condom and birth control?

[ki...]

Hi all,

So June 26th I had sex with a girl I've known for awhile. She claims she is on the pill and we used a condom. I finished inside her with the condom on. Afterwards I went to the restroom to check the condom and nothing was leaking out, I even filled it with water and still nothing dripped out.

However, I'm getting a text from this girl today saying that she is about a week late to her period. It's been 8 days since we had sex. She says she usually gets them at the end of the month but after I told her the condom didn't leak, she said being late happens all the time.. Not sure if she was referring to in general or to her self.

Her last hook up was at the end of May and she said she had her period RIGHT after it. To my knowledge, this means if she does turn out pregnant she has a chance of it being his too and is just missing this month's period because of her last hook up?

I'm hoping it's just a scare, but I have serious doubts it could be mine if she was, especially since I checked out the condom afterwards like I always do. Plus the pill AND a condom being used? like really? She basically is saying she should have had her period the day we had sex.

Any insight? Thanks all.

Hi Kingyork,

Good on you for using a condom and making sure it hadn't leaked :thumbsup: For a guy, that is the most responsible thing to do, even though she told you she was on the pill (you can't check or make sure she's not missed a day or anything like that... plus of course it doesn't protect against STIs etc anyway).

If she is on the pill, she should indeed have her period rather regularly - and as you point out, she is saying she should've had her period around the time you hooked up, which would make it an unlikely time for her to get pregnant.

All in all, I believe the odds of your hook-up having resulted in a pregnancy to be unlikely.

What I find weird is that she texts you she is 8 days late and hasn't taken a pregnancy test?!! ...  ???

Take care and be safe!!

I am very regular but even I was once two months late without any reason. I wouldn't worry too much. The chances are unlikely. Also if you had sex that leads to pregnancy it takes two weeks to have a positive pregnancy test. If she was on time and you had sex 8 days ago she can't be pregnant; if she is pregnant right now I would doubt it's yours (after 8 days )If she is late naturally and you had sex 8 days ago which lead to pregnancy she could only be sure in a few weeks.

Hi Kingyork,

Good on you for using a condom and making sure it hadn't leaked :thumbsup: For a guy, that is the most responsible thing to do, even though she told you she was on the pill (you can't check or make sure she's not missed a day or anything like that... plus of course it doesn't protect against STIs etc anyway).

If she is on the pill, she should indeed have her period rather regularly - and as you point out, she is saying she should've had her period around the time you hooked up, which would make it an unlikely time for her to get pregnant.

All in all, I believe the odds of your hook-up having resulted in a pregnancy to be unlikely.

What I find weird is that she texts you she is 8 days late and hasn't taken a pregnancy test?!! ...  ???

Take care and be safe!!

She says she went to the doctor today and told me I'm good and that she tested negative. The doctor told her she was just late, but that she'd have to re-test next week too to be sure.

So I guess I'm not completely out of the woods yet. But she is very set on that I would be the dad and that I'm the only possibility of dad, and then got offended that I told her I believe it most definitely wouldn't be mine.

Edit: How would the doctor have tested her? Is it too early for it to be accurate?