Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE CRAZY WEIRD WITHDRAWAL DREAMS?

[so...]

Okay, I think I have officially crossed over into nutdom.  Every night I've had the weirdest dreams since I've been in withdrawal.  During acute, they were horrible nightmares with scary bloody faces, assorted body parts, knives and guns, fires and lots of zombies. 

The nightmares began changing at month 4.  The bloody faces were MINE.  The body parts were MINE and they were falling off me.  I would get shot or stabbed many times in the chest and spurt blood.  It didn't hurt.  I would just look at my chest with blood spurting and say, "Shit.  I'm shot," or "Hey, somebody stabbed me." 

Around month 7, I started dreaming I was in withdrawal all the time.  I would be in a classroom full of students and I'm the only one panting and sweating at my desk having an anal spasm in withdrawal.  I would be in withdrawal and show up for a job interview with my heart pounding out of my chest, my head whooshing like a washing machine and my arms hypnic-jerking uncontrollably over my head like I was hailing a taxi cab.  The interviewer would just look at me and ask me which was my favorite job and why?  I would be the coxswain in an outrigger race and we'd be way behind the other boat and I wanted to yell, "ROW!  ROW!  WE'RE LOSING!" but I couldn't because I had withdrawal air hunger and a withdrawal phlegm ball stuck in my throat.

Last night, once again I'm dreaming I'm in withdrawal in an office, sitting on a couch, and Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are seated across from each other at a desk.  I'm dripping huge beads of sweat, I'm panting like a dog in heat, my heart is racing, and I say to Matt Damon, "Have you ever been in withdrawal?  Is this shit normal?"  And Matt says, "No, that's not normal."  I say, "What am I gonna do?"  And then Ben Affleck lifts this big cloth drawstring bag out of the bottom desk drawer and pulls out a bunch of candles, some matches, a voodoo doll, a bottle of holy water, a cross, a Bible, a letter opener, some meditation CDs and some incense sticks and says, "Time for the toolkit."  Matt Damon looks at me and says, "I think you're having a panic attack.  I've had them.  They're nasty.  We'll fix you up."  Then I wake up with my daily head whooshing, heart pounding cortisol surges.  It's 4:21am.  The start of another Groundhog Day.

I can't be the only one who has crazy dreams in HD plasmacolor like this.  I would like to hear other buddies' just plain weird dreams since they've been in withdrawal.  It can't just be me, can it?  Have I completely lost my marbles?  Blown a gasket?  Bit the big one? 

Anybody got a dream they'd like to share?  Please?

Sofa

Bets,

Can I get a backstage pass to your next concert?

Sofa

Only if you hold my guitars........ :laugh:

Bets,

You can pack me up like a mule.  Will there be a mosh pit?  All those people grabbing me, I'm sure I'll have a nightmare about that tonight.

Sofa

The last seven times I saw them there was no mosh pit. But everybody stands up the entire time and never sits down. I get lucky and have in front of me someone the size of Mick, though I push his chair down. lol. You can watch from back stage........But tune those guitars for me. D minor with an open G. :laugh:

Betsy

Will do, Betsy.

Ha ha. I would see you there except they just gave their last concert, which I am happy to say that I went. Chris was 71 years old.

Last night I kept dreaming over and over again about Evan's fart post. :laugh:

The dreams in withdrawl can seem so real.  I have never had such crazy dreams.  Hopefully that's also a sign of healing.

I have always been dreaming more than one dream a night and always remembered every detail. Being a kid I used my dreams for my essays. Thats the problem now.. during tapering the dreams were horrible, I was cut into peaces like the pills I split, I lost everything.. you know that..

now I don t slep much in REM, but when I get REM sleep its crazy.. I often do not get the fact that it was a dream?! It took me 2 hours yesterday to notice that I did not be in war last year. It seems like the dreams last into the days.. thats scary.

The more stressful the days are the more crazy the dreams, thats logical for me..

oh!

But I remember ONE single good dream and that came to me last weekend when I was at a real quite place. I don't know when I had a good dream before.. not in the last year..

I was married to an native Amercian who was very very old and I was very happy. We lived in a forest and I had a little house there and we went fishing. I also remembered that I asked him many questions about life and had the feeling of deep love and freedom.. As if I was married to a kind of god.. Funny, don't you think? :idiot:

I have always been dreaming more than one dream a night and always remembered every detail. Being a kid I used my dreams for my essays. Thats the problem now.. during tapering the dreams were horrible, I was cut into peaces like the pills I split, I lost everything.. you know that..

now I don t slep much in REM, but when I get REM sleep its crazy.. I often do not get the fact that it was a dream?! It took me 2 hours yesterday to notice that I did not be in war last year. It seems like the dreams last into the days.. thats scary.

The more stressful the days are the more crazy the dreams, thats logical for me..

oh!

But I remember ONE single good dream and that came to me last weekend when I was at a real quite place. I don't know when I had a good dream before.. not in the last year..

I was married to an native Amercian who was very very old and I was very happy. We lived in a forest and I had a little house there and we went fishing. I also remembered that I asked him many questions about life and had the feeling of deep love and freedom.. As if I was married to a kind of god.. Funny, don't you think? :idiot:

If it made you happy, that's all that counts, really. :smitten::)

just came off Risperdal and had a pretty freaky dream so yea, it is common! don't feel alone. the dream was pretty weird so I'm not gonna say what is was but I was a little freaked out waking up!

• 2 weeks later...
The dreams do seem so real I've had to ask did this actually happen.  Hope that passes soon.  Even if I sleep I don't always feel rested after being busy in my dreams.  Thankfully they are not all terrible.