Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need a project

[7e...]

[7e...]

Hi guys! I'm currently on a 6 months disability (can't get more than that at a time here) and I just can't stand here and do nothing it is depressing.

I'm broke, I don't have any skills and I am agoraphobic right now so I need a distraction at home.

I'd like to build something but everything costs money.

I'd like to help people but I'm too socially awkward for the moment.

What is there to do?!

[c8...]
Projects are great ideas.  What kinds of things do you like to do around the house?  What are your hobbies?  or what looks attractive to you as a hobby??

[7e...]
I like to create, build, write... I like to knit but lost interest lately. I don't have interesting hobbies. I don't know how I manage to waste my time. I'm lost LOL

I find Volunteering helps a lot. Like driving an older person to the docs. You can do so by going to a church and signing up, and you don't have to be religious to do this. They'll take any volunteer as they are always short of them. It also makes you feel great inside. It's like a present to yourself.

Betsy

[c8...]

I like to create, build, write... I like to knit but lost interest lately. I don't have interesting hobbies. I don't know how I manage to waste my time. I'm lost LOL

My daughter got into origami for a while.  She was able to grasp it quickly and made some pretty incredible things.

[7e...]

My daughter got into origami for a while.  She was able to grasp it quickly and made some pretty incredible things.

Hey, I had not thought of that. Inexpensive and a bit creative. Thanks!  :thumbsup:

I find Volunteering helps a lot. Like driving an older person to the docs. You can do so by going to a church and signing up, and you don't have to be religious to do this. They'll take any volunteer as they are always short of them. It also makes you feel great inside. It's like a present to yourself.

Betsy

Betsy says: "<<I find Volunteering helps a lot. Like driving an older person to the docs. You can do so by going to a church and signing up, and you don't have to be religious to do this. They'll take any volunteer as they are always short of them. It also makes you feel great inside. It's like a present to yourself.">>

I love what Betsy says here.  Take the concern for yourself and convert it to concern (and action) for someone else.  It can be magical.

as I use to say. If you cant leave the house, turn it upside down.

Move furniture, paint walls, act like you were some of such many TV-RE-Designers..

Thats good for your brain, too, you will have new views..and yes. thats even possible if have only one room...

::)

Hi Worrymiss  :)

You say you enjoy writing? You might be looking for inspiration, you could ask buddies to describe characters, that might give you ideas for the plot if you want to write fiction...

Another idea I had if you want to write, you could take a classic and retell it at a different time in history?

https://www.goodreads.com/series/113943-the-austen-project

Let us know how you are getting on  :thumbsup:

[7e...]

Wonderful suggestions! I tried origami and I suck!! My poor brain can't handle so many folds! LOL

Unfortunately, I'm too weird to go out to volunteer.. I'll have to find a way to do some good from home.

[c8...]

I couldn't do origami either.  I just don't have the patience for it. 

How about learning a new culinary cuisine?  Thai?  Indian?  Native?  Ethiopian?  You get to eat your projects!

[7e...]

I couldn't do origami either.  I just don't have the patience for it. 

How about learning a new culinary cuisine?  Thai?  Indian?  Native?  Ethiopian?  You get to eat your projects!

I love cooking but unfortunately I lost 150 pounds so now food scares me. I'm really screwed up.

I don't want to throw 2 years of hard work down the drain.

I sound ungrateful, you guys really have good ideas!

[c8...]

I love cooking but unfortunately I lost 150 pounds so now food scares me. I'm really screwed up.

I don't want to throw 2 years of hard work down the drain.

I sound ungrateful, you guys really have good ideas!

I understand - I dropped 100 pounds a few years ago, and still track every calorie every day (along with every mile I walk, hike or cycle).  But there are healthy choices even for gourmet cooking.  My wife tends to use Cooking Light recipes, but they often seem bland to me.  I'll also base recipes on Cooking Light, but I like to experiment a bit with the herbs/spices.  I work in a chile lab, so spicy food is definitely a thing for our family.

Do you have a garden? Do you like bees?

Are you able to spend time outdoors?

Maybe you'd like to build a bee hotel. Some of them are pretty easy to construct and you can find plans online, I think Burt's Bees has some.

Chinook  :)

[7e...]

... I like to experiment a bit with the herbs/spices.  I work in a chile lab, so spicy food is definitely a thing for our family.

I can live without benzos but I don't want to live in a world without spices!

Hi:

I'm a professional writer and have been working from my home for 20+ years. Technology has it assets! But the traveling stinks.

Betsy

Hi guys! I'm currently on a 6 months disability (can't get more than that at a time here) and I just can't stand here and do nothing it is depressing.

I'm broke, I don't have any skills and I am agoraphobic right now so I need a distraction at home.

What is there to do?!

a)  Jigsaw puzzle.  Cheap, time flies, keeps the mind sharp too!  :thumbsup:

b)  Make teddy bears or stuffed animals.  Donate to foster care kids/hospitals, etc. and/or sell them on Ebay or Etsy, make a few extra dollars.

c)  Learn to make homemade dog biscuits, sell them to local boutique dog stores.

d)  Learn to build your own blog/website, e.g. Wordpress or Wix.

Good Luck!

What is there to do?!

Greet new people just coming into BB.  The mods always have a handful of work meeting and greeting all the new comers here.

This link  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=54.0

Do you like pets? How about fostering an animal like a dog or cat? Organizations such as ASPCA provide all medical care and even food.

Becky  :smitten:

[7e...]

Do you like pets? How about fostering an animal like a dog or cat? Organizations such as ASPCA provide all medical care and even food.

Becky  :smitten:

I'd love that but I live in a tiny apartment and we're not allowed to have pets :(

That's too bad, as animals are such a joy. Maybe a little tiny cat? Or a least a bird who can talk.........